So much negativity!!?...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

So much negativity!!?...

Post by tufc si »

I'm as depressed and peeved off as much as any of you, but it seems like so many people on here have forgotten what we have achieved this season!!

I would have happily taken a mid-table finish at the start of this season and I'm guessing that most of you lot would have done as well, so to go on and get to the cusp of promotion was bloody fantastic, for the club, players, fans and everyone associated with Torquay!

Not gunna rant on about how crap we were yesterday either because I don't think we were. We were average and the players will wake up this morning and realise that, there human beings at the end of day and wanted it as much as any of us did. Just really bugging me that there seems to be so many negative fans on here that expect us play superbly every game!! This is unfortunitely the topsy turvy game we call football!!

I've woken up this morning with my glass half full and i'll be able to relax more once I know for sure what Buckles doing so we can start the rebuilding process but I'm dead chuffed with what we've achieved this season. Promotion would have been nice but hey ho, win some you lose some!!

Probably gunna get torn apart on here now but frankly, I couldnt give a toss!! :whistle:

Proud to be a yellow!!
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

No, totally agree with you there. I was there yesterday and to think of where the club were four years ago and the fact that we could have sunk into the Conference South for ever then I am more than happy, (if still a little dissapointed), that we have achieved so much in such a short space of time. For me the glass is half empty and, BTW, good luck to Stevenage on their promotion. They may well pass us going in the opposite direction next season as they will need to add to their squad to stay up IMO. Thats football so just enjoy the ride!! :clap:
Oblivion!!!!
chafford100gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: kevin nicholson

Post by chafford100gull »

Here here si... COYY
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

I agree. I think all of the fans are just disillusioned and disappointed having gone such a long way and spent so much money to see such an average performance yesterday.

I think all the Buckle-bashing is totally unnecessary. In four years he's turned us around from a team with 4 players on the books in the BSP to League 2 playoff finalists with a tiny budget. That's an incredible achievement.

I agree that the team didn't show up yesterday. We were outmuscled and outfought by a side that wanted it more. But we move on. It will be a tough league next year with AFC Wimbledon and Gatwick FC combined with those coming down. I fear yesterday may have been our last chance to go up for a while if Buckle goes.

However, we have a young group of players with great prospects and a good young manager. If Buckle stays then the likes of O'Kane, Kee, Ellis etc will stay too and continue to improve. Then I can't see any reason why we can't do a Rochdale in the next couple of seasons.

I for one hope Buckle stays. He is the best manager we have had in years, and is still learning.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper

Post by tufc si »

oxgull wrote:No, totally agree with you there. I was there yesterday and to think of where the club were four years ago and the fact that we could have sunk into the Conference South for ever then I am more than happy, (if still a little dissapointed), that we have achieved so much in such a short space of time. For me the glass is half empty and, BTW, good luck to Stevenage on their promotion. They may well pass us going in the opposite direction next season as they will need to add to their squad to stay up IMO. Thats football so just enjoy the ride!! :clap:
Stevenage didnt look anything special whatsoever, there gunna find it a long and daunting road next season I do believe!!

And not sure if I meant my glass was half empty as well, which ever is the positive one haha!?!? (blonde moment!!)
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

I don't think everyone is so negative because we lost, yes losing yesterday was massively disappointing considering how close we were to league 1 football next season. I am proud to be a Torquay United supporter and would of been happy even if we finished mid table. The fact every one seems to be certain Buckle is off and with that we will probably lose a few players etc... next season probably won't be anything near as good as this one has been.... possibly even a struggle for us! Personally, as long as we don't flirt with the BSP then i am happy.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper

Post by tufc si »

Plymgull wrote:I don't think everyone is so negative because we lost, yes losing yesterday was massively disappointing considering how close we were to league 1 football next season. I am proud to be a Torquay United supporter and would of been happy even if we finished mid table. The fact every one seems to be certain Buckle is off and with that we will probably lose a few players etc... next season probably won't be anything near as good as this one has been.... possibly even a struggle for us! Personally, as long as we don't flirt with the BSP then i am happy.
I think I'm slowly growing to fact we will be without Bucks next season, BUT, theres nothing to say that the next manager wont be as eager/keen to do as good if not better than what he's done!! If we can keep hold of a few of the main core in the team, then theres always something to build on!

Rosenoir to replace Bucks if/when he goes...............yes please!!!! :scarf:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Agree Si, and I think you'll find, in a couple of days once the mist of disappointment has been burnt away by the sunshine of the offseason, everyone will agree entirely with the sentiments of your OP.

This season has been brilliant, it's just had a very disappointing end.

In football, there is never an ending. How many of us would be happy to swap places with Manchester United, the pinnacle of English football, yet on the same day we lost the playoff final, they lost the Champions League final. Every person associated with either club will be equally disappointed.

Football is always destined to lead to disappointment, the key to enjoying it is to accept that without failure, one cannot adequately appreciate victory.

Roll on next season, here's to another thrill ride.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper

Post by tufc si »

ferrarilover wrote:Agree Si, and I think you'll find, in a couple of days once the mist of disappointment has been burnt away by the sunshine of the offseason, everyone will agree entirely with the sentiments of your OP.

This season has been brilliant, it's just had a very disappointing end.

In football, there is never an ending. How many of us would be happy to swap places with Manchester United, the pinnacle of English football, yet on the same day we lost the playoff final, they lost the Champions League final. Every person associated with either club will be equally disappointed.

Football is always destined to lead to disappointment, the key to enjoying it is to accept that without failure, one cannot adequately appreciate victory.

Roll on next season, here's to another thrill ride.

Matt.
Absolutely spot on! :clap:
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

If we were keeping the squad and staff together, then a defeat like this would be a lot easier to get over. Unfortunately, it looks like we're going to see a lot of the club dismantled over the next few weeks, and an awful lot of work to do to build another squad like this. I think we've certainly lost any hope of promotion in the next few years, before another re-build.

It could be worse, L2 is where we've been for pretty much my whole life. Losing in 2009 would have been a million times worse, and we'd still be a non-league club now, so at least we have our league status.

We've got a huge summer ahead.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
united09
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by united09 »

We have done brilliantly this season and Buckle has done a really good job in his time here. However I do think that if Buckle does drag this Rovers job on for a while, it will take the p1ss a bit. As we need time to move on and build, In my opinoin he has already made up his mind to go.

On a better note though O'kane after the final whistle giving kids his shirt and boots was really nice gesture and needed recognition. :~D Now am looking forward to a southernish league two next season!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

united09 wrote:We have done brilliantly this season and Buckle has done a really good job in his time here. However I do think that if Buckle does drag this Rovers job on for a while, it will take the p1ss a bit. As we need time to move on and build, In my opinoin he has already made up his mind to go.

On a better note though O'kane after the final whistle giving kids his shirt and boots was really nice gesture and needed recognition. :~D Now am looking forward to a southernish league two next season!
I saw Okane take his shirt off right in front of me and give it to a member of his family. The comment came back though."I don't suppose you had batter take yur shorts off too". Now that would have been an eye opener.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

tufc si wrote:I'm as depressed and peeved off as much as any of you, but it seems like so many people on here have forgotten what we have achieved this season!!

I would have happily taken a mid-table finish at the start of this season and I'm guessing that most of you lot would have done as well, so to go on and get to the cusp of promotion was bloody fantastic, for the club, players, fans and everyone associated with Torquay!

Not gunna rant on about how crap we were yesterday either because I don't think we were. We were average and the players will wake up this morning and realise that, there human beings at the end of day and wanted it as much as any of us did. Just really bugging me that there seems to be so many negative fans on here that expect us play superbly every game!! This is unfortunitely the topsy turvy game we call football!!

I've woken up this morning with my glass half full and i'll be able to relax more once I know for sure what Buckles doing so we can start the rebuilding process but I'm dead chuffed with what we've achieved this season. Promotion would have been nice but hey ho, win some you lose some!!

Probably gunna get torn apart on here now but frankly, I couldnt give a toss!! :whistle:

Proud to be a yellow!!
Yup. I am too a bit down this morning. The Weather. The atmosphere everything seems such an anticlimax. But I too am a glass half full. I too look forward to a big rest from football this summer.(well except for watching the womens super league in Bristol) And i look forward to next season. Bristol Rovers (if he goes then it wll be a quick homecoming) Swindon Town.( Now that will be a good one to siff them with a few goals. Plymuff. Nuff said. And our inevitable meeting with Cheltenham..
If Paul Buckle Goes. Then I for one (although I dont think the timing was the best in the world) will say to Paul. You go with our blessings Paul. Yo done us proud over the last 4 years and i am gratefull for everything you did for us. Yes we took a chance on you but you showed us a loyalty staying on when you could have gone earlier. We all Thank you for our league status.and We thankyou for leaving us in a much healthier state than when you arrived. you didn't shirk from the job when things got tough and you got the job done when others gave up. We hope you go on to great things and we ask that as you go on in your career. you remember us with affection and every now and then do us a favour or two if it's in your power. Thankyou and God bless you in your journey
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Yes, it must be half full glass time. We overperformed this year and we would have struggled in L1 had we gone up and then possibly suffered a double relegation like Stockport.

We couldn't rebuild the grandstand and invest sufficiently in the team to make L1 a sustainable objective next year.

Let's look forward to another roller coaster ride next year with mid-table security as an initial target and a crack at sustainable promotion the year after once we have a ground that befits a L1 outfit.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

.........and a Manager who doesn't sort his future out with another club before we even know what League we'll be in. :@
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com