Torquay United v Bath City, Sat 4th Nov. 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Sesimbra
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sam Collins

Post by Sesimbra »

Torquay 3-2
AdrianC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Myers
Watches from: Pop side

Post by AdrianC »

I think Tomlinson would benefit from having Hall alongside of him, he’s learning his trade and Hall will keep talking to him.

Reading the game and positional awareness buys you that extra yard.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

1-1 but I'm rapidly losing interest in this season!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

You only have to watch Asa Hall and Dean Moxey to see that they are light years ahead of the young guys in the squad because they have between them close to 40 years experiece all at much higher levels of the game.

I would support playing Asa Hall at centre back.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by leetufc »

Going to be optimistic with this one

Torquay 2-1 Bath
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Not really sure how to call this one at all, there are so many variables at play here, the fitness of Halstead,Lapslie for example, what sort of impact can can new on loan striker Williams make, also while we've had a largely dry and breezy day not sure about tomorrows weather and how heavy the pitch could be.

Current form shows.

Bath LWLDD
TUFC LLWLL

So very little difference in form going into this match, what I/we do know is this match with recent results now takes on a whole new importance, already cut adrift from the top spot, lose this one with in-form Yeovil to come and there's a danger of starting to fall off the play-off pace, that can't happen this game must be won, anything less and the club in my view has no choice but to pay off GJ and move on.

TUFC at home regardless of form should be slight favourites for this game, although no result would surprise me, however sitting on the fence.

TUFC 1V 1 Bath.
Formerly known as forevertufc
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

0-2 I fear….
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

No Halstead I guess, but hopefully Lapslie, Desilva and the two loans to start.

With no target man, hopefully we'll not use the long ball game and try to play the ball around with two hopefully pacy players in the pitch. Also a return to the intense opening pressing game we used so well last time in NLS.

Two early goals, but a 2-2 draw.

Shame about our poor form and the weather forecast, would have hoped for 3,500 on a good day, but expecting 2500 now.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Taelee73 wrote: 03 Nov 2023, 18:58 No Halstead I guess, but hopefully Lapslie, Desilva and the two loans to start.

With no target man, hopefully we'll not use the long ball game and try to play the ball around with two hopefully pacy players in the pitch. Also a return to the intense opening pressing game we used so well last time in NLS.

Two early goals, but a 2-2 draw.

Shame about our poor form and the weather forecast, would have hoped for 3,500 on a good day, but expecting 2500 now.
2500?!
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by Midlandgull »

If Halstead doesn't play tomorrow, we have Lovett and who else as a keeper in the squad? Might have to be a last-minute loan signing.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Like many rapidly losing interest in this shower. We turn into an average NLS side. Maybe it will help with Gary's son giving us Fleetwood cast offs. At least we should be able to make a team.
My only sauce of hope is that we had a horrific start to life in the NLS last time around...
If we do not win this one we might as well all pack up and go home..
Torquay to win 3-1 saving GJ job and starting an unbeaten run that see us go top of the table end of Jan. on route to our march back to the NL, we all fall back in love with GJ and forever chant his name......
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

We’ll probably play Lovett, say Halstead isn’t quite ready, but still name him on the bench.
Incredigull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Incredigull »

TUFC 2 - 1 Bath
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Griff1n wrote: 03 Nov 2023, 21:03 We’ll probably play Lovett, say Halstead isn’t quite ready, but still name him on the bench.
If Halstead is absent through the concussion protocol then he can't be named in the squad.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The last time Hall played at centre half we lost 6-1 at Yeovil.

I'd actually like to see Tomlinson sat on the subs bench. I'd rather see someone else alongside Marshall.

For all the stick Marshall gets at least he gets nearer to the player he is supposed to be marking - ok he's given a couple of penalties away in the last couple of games but they were both dodgy in my view.

Theres no chance of Tomlinson giving a penalty away because hes normally not marking anybody. Should be playing for Bideford.