Stadium fan ownership

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
The Eternal Optimist
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by The Eternal Optimist »

Some fans think Plainmoor is bad for parking. So you think the Gallows Gate area would be better? We could all park along the ring road, it's wide enough. Get real.
On the question of buses from Preston, it would be better to get a No 22 which would take you St Marychurch - an easy walk from there. So there's another option.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

No, I don't think Gallow's Gate is a feasible option-hardly anywhere in Torbay is-just stating what land might be available for some consideration and various events have been held there in the past with parking on site.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Does anyone really think that if Osborne actually built a new stadium it would be as good as Plainmoor in terms of stadium, location, local pubs, shops, buses, parking, atmosphere etc, - actually does anyone believe Osborne would actually build a stadium at all?
But if he did and it was actually surrounded by all these new income sources who is going to get the extra money? Torquay United for running the club / team /players etc or Osborne?
If we lose Plainmoor it will be the end of Torquay United.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

standupsitdown wrote: 25 Nov 2023, 09:53 Does anyone really think that if Osborne actually built a new stadium it would be as good as Plainmoor in terms of stadium, location, local pubs, shops, buses, parking, atmosphere etc, - actually does anyone believe Osborne would actually build a stadium at all?
But if he did and it was actually surrounded by all these new income sources who is going to get the extra money? Torquay United for running the club / team /players etc or Osborne?
If we lose Plainmoor it will be the end of Torquay United.
Totally agree, going to a game would never be the same again if we move. We are lucky to have such a good stadium, we should appreciate what we have.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/spo ... -speedway/

The comments section of this article about our owner having found a new site for the displaced Speedway team are yet another reminder, if one is needed, that unless he can be forced out sooner, he will one way or another screw our club whenever his plan for commercial profit opportunity is secured.

The fact he continues to do this in such plain sight is both staggering and scary.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

What a surprise. Clarke interview with the Torbay Weekly incoming and before the publicised protest. Obviously I've no idea what he says but I won't be believing any of it. A real indication of the spook factor of the protest.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

There are certain fans who need to think before posting, we have someone who says I havent read the article but I will not believe a word of it, so if osborne says I am pulling the plug next week I take it you would not believe that either, why did he do the interview now, some will say that he is concerned about a fans demo on saturday, think about that one, he already knows the fans are on Johnsons and edwards backs, he reads social media, a demo is not something that will change his mind on anything unless some idiot burns the stadium down, I think this interview ,considering his schedule has been weeks if not months in the arranging, actually seeing him at plainmoor is like winning a where's wally competition,many clubs have absent owners, its more common than we think, but even at our lowly level we have a managing director.
He rightly says the way forward is a combination of interested parties, the council, Bergers which I think means the great and the good of the bay, those that make the decisions but whose names are rarely known and I agree on that point, there is no point in having a vision for the future if your the ony one buying into it, and he has up to now had a big vision to the tune of 6 million.
Torbay council could do a huge amount more to support the club, not in the heres a million we had stashed away for a rainy day but with all the grant money from central government flying towards the bay for new fish marketss, improving listed buildings and supposedly re inventing the high streets its not a stretch for united to be incorporated into that vision for the bay, Torbay CC owns land larger than most national housebuilders, several years ago actively offering dozens of acres on the torquay side of the ring road for a new hospital if required. Its not a stretch to say this is what we have land wise doing nothing can we make something work.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

The FULL scoop will be in the Herald Express, Richard Hughes has the story. Who is the fat guy pictured with Osborne.