Boycott Bath

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

I will not be boycotting the game. Torquay are my club and we should all stick together through thick and thin.

Also, if I get a chance to speak to Ross Marshall I will apologise for the abuse on Saturday. He has made mistakes but does not deserve to be treated in this way.

It is beyond doubt that the squad is paper thin...........the reasons for this remain unclear and I believe the club should be much more open on these matters.

I have a very, very close contact inside the club and I can say that Dawson was due back many weeks ago. He has been on the brink of a return several times only to suffer late setbacks each time. He will be out for a few more weeks.

Callum Dolan looks to be an excellent signing, a couple more of similar quality plus the return of Jarvis and Lapslie should see us back on track

For the record, I still believe we will be promoted this season under the leadership of GJ.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Great to see a positive posting - this forum has become so depressing over the past couple of weeks!
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

Skillsy,
Well said. Coyy!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Maybe a better approach would be to boycott Social Media in response to the ongoing and sustained abuse aimed at the managerial personnel at the club.
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

I agree that abuse is unwarranted and futile. However, the managerial personnel - I'd label them mismanagement personnel; that's an opinion and in no way abusive - have themselves to blame to a degree with their attitude towards a loyal fan base.
Gullsandbeyond121
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gullsandbeyond121 »

JimNichol'sdog wrote: 31 Oct 2023, 07:25 I agree that abuse is unwarranted and futile. However, the managerial personnel - I'd label them mismanagement personnel; that's an opinion and in no way abusive - have themselves to blame to a degree with their attitude towards a loyal fan base.
100% correct Jim well said
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Definitely agree on GJ attitude, when the goings hard, you have to keep a relationship with the fans. If you take the stick, keep talking then you'll keep most on board. Once you take on that seige mentality, as GJ does, then the lack of dialogue, information, responsibility will only grate with everyone.

At least Downsie does stay on to cop the flak.
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

I agree with Portugull.

We might have an owner who many don't trust, but we still have a club.

I'll stick by GJ and AD till the end of Nov, then see where we are.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

So basically Dawson was a waste of money becaue he was clearly signed hen he needed an operation
The Eternal Optimist
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by The Eternal Optimist »

In the light of the seriousness of the injury list, and the loss of so many of our key players just now, I think we all ought to forget our criticisms of the club, the manager, the shortcomings of the team and individual players, and get right behind our team and support them to the hilt. If the fans who turn up on Saturday make their protestations, it will only help the opposition big time. I suggest we all now give 100 per cent support to our club and team. I'm sure all true fans of TUAFC will agree with this.
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

Totally agree
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

As I season ticket holder I've paid my money and won't be boycotting.
But nor would I if I had to buy a ticket.
The situation isn't good but a couple of hundred fans not turning up will have no effect.
If they demonstrated outside but didn't go in that might get some coverage but unlikely to have any impact on the club.
And there's no point in demonstrating without putting forward a credible alternative plan.

In terms of this season, it looks as if Yeovil may well run away with the league. Although it's still early in the season we can't afford to lose to them next Wednesday.
I'd be surprised if we don't make the play offs and the way they are set up it would be a big advantage to finish second, with fewer games to play and home advantage.
Gull in black
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Gull in black »

I’m not keen on a boycott - I want to support the team.

Should we have a song to demonstrate the long-term solidarity of supporters and our club TUFC - excluding owners, managers etc (?)

How about, ‘we’re Torquay United - we’ll never be defeated’ (might take a bit of explaining !), or, ‘ we shall not, we shall not be moved… ‘
TheYellowFromExeter
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TheYellowFromExeter »

If we can get everyone on board with it then that could be quite a good idea
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

TheYellowFromExeter wrote: 31 Oct 2023, 21:43 If we can get everyone on board with it then that could be quite a good idea
Joins the forum 3 days ago and now advocates a boycott - social media at its finest!