Boycott Bath

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Boycott Bath

Post by Admiral »

Seen some suggestions online to boycott the Bath game. Hit them in the pockets or counterproductive?

Reasons to boycott
- Disrespect towards fans by the manager
- Disrespect towards fans by players
- No communication from the owner/executives who clearly don’t give a ****
- 11th in the NLS
- A manager who shouldn’t be in the job remaining on tenure

Reasons not to boycott
- To support the team on the pitch in hope we will hit some form
- Reduced revenue will affect the budget
- Back to back home games including table-topping Yeovil
- Injuries

Thoughts?
Gullsandbeyond121
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gullsandbeyond121 »

With current form and the way things are at present I think a lot will not bother this Saturday. Doubt Bath will bring many, lots of gaps behind the home goal, and kids missing from last fixture.
TheYellowFromExeter
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by TheYellowFromExeter »

I’m still not sure to be honest, I probably will end up going just because it gives me something to do but I’m not as certain about it as I usually would be.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Well over 500 expected from Bath and Yeovil close to selling their 1500 allocation.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Turn up, support your team.

Doesn't matter their form, what you feel about GJ. Osborne. Less supporters means less income and less noise, with Bath and Yeovil bringing decent support running out to a half empty stadium helps them and not us.

I'm also a bit morbid, I never know how many more games I'll go to (100s hopefully) so why purposely miss any? Also if the club goes under, I want to go Plainmoor to watch my team as many times as I can.

Doesn't mean I won't be angry if we lose and play poorly, but I just support my home town team regardless of all the noise.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

desperado wrote: 29 Oct 2023, 21:34 Well over 500 expected from Bath and Yeovil close to selling their 1500 allocation.
Bath struggle to get 1000 at home, they are unlikely to bring 500 to Plainmoor, more like 250ish. Yeovil have good support but will naturally not bring so many to a midweek fixture.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Oh....And Boycotting Bath or any other fixture is pure folly and will not accomplish anything. Those that suggest it must be in a minority and are more than likely the academically challenged idiots, which cause trouble.
Unfortunately have to tolerate these "clowns"
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Doubt anyone would notice

Attendances run to form anyway so unlikely to be a record breaking gate lol
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

As a long suffering Torquay United supporter, I fully intend to continue supporting my team, by attending as many home and away games that I can, in the (firm?) belief that I may make a difference. Call me delusional - many have - but I am truly “Torquay til I die”!
Gullsandbeyond121
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gullsandbeyond121 »

North Curry House wrote: 30 Oct 2023, 09:52 Oh....And Boycotting Bath or any other fixture is pure folly and will not accomplish anything. Those that suggest it must be in a minority and are more than likely the academically challenged idiots, which cause trouble.
Tolerate the clowns......... and this includes the Management
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

North Curry House wrote: 30 Oct 2023, 09:52 Those that suggest it must be in a minority and are more than likely the academically challenged idiots, which cause trouble.
That's really not the case at all. I know quite a few who are already boycotting GJ being one of the reasons, I won't name them, however trust me there's a lot of long term, good intelligent people already staying away.
Formerly known as forevertufc
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I agree a boycott will benefit no one, least of all the club,what we do not need is the increasing toxicity of fans against fans and fans against the club which is becoming nastier by the day and benefits no one, whereas I may say north curry you are mistaken or Dave your eyesight needs checking now its getting very personal and vitriolic, the abuse that marshall and to a lesser extent george edwards got on saturday by various morons, supposedly supporters of the club is not acceptable, how would you feel if you were on the receiving end of this abuse, the next step is throwing half bricks, It is just as well as marshall got restrained by a steward because he might not be up too much as a footballer but you wouldnt want to meet hm in a dark alley.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Absolutely , 100% boycott games, doesn't matter if it has an adverse effect. What does anyone really think is going on right now ? CO has a record of snapping sports clubs football and non-football, promising a new ground that never gets built, retail parks yep he's good at those however, managed decline you bet that's what's happening right now.

Banners, flares, pitch invasions, tennis balls I wouldn't go there, stewards will be all over that, and you can find yourself in a world of trouble also . Silent protest is the way forward, I will not be at Bath or Yeovil, don't know when I will attend another game.

So if you want to que up, to doff your cap and hand over your hard earned cash to Osbourne, Edwards and Hayman as they systematically dismantle our club bit by bit, be my guest.

GJ should have gone a year ago, why does anyone think he's still in a job here, he's become a useful tool/idiot to the owners , I will attend some games but not many, the only way I will be back regularly, if GJ goes and any new manager has at least the same backing to win promotion that GJ is chucking in the dustbin right now.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

That's your right to not attend, I won't be bowing down/doffing cap to GJ, Osborne or Edwards, just supporting my team. Both Bath and Yeovil will be more than happy if loads more of us decide not to go.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

As a season ticket holder I have no intention of boycotting my team.

I recently missed a home game to play golf and we won 5-1. I cannot risk that again!!

I really want to see Callum Dolan at Plainmoor and I hope with 1 or 2 additions we will soon be back to winning ways.

I pay no attention to Mr Osborne because Torquay United are my club even if he is the current owner.

I look back to 2018 and think without his money we could have folded which would have been desparatedly sad for all Fans given our long history as an outpost in English Professional Football.