George Edwards

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

We’ve had plenty of decent players on loan and on permanent deals over the years - granted, National League South makes it less appealing but location simply is not a good enough excuse.

It’s crazy how some of the best players that have played under Gary Johnson’s tenure were signed by Gary Owers, who as it happens had an eye for a decent player but just couldn’t get the team to perform.

Is Pete Johnson actually on the payroll? By all accounts he does not appear to add anything to the club.
Steve_TUFC wrote: 29 Oct 2023, 14:27 So it comes down to two sides of excuses:

Southampton Gull - no budget. Keep Johnson.
George Edwards - budget available but it’s our location. Keep Johnson.

Strange - I’m sure we had a team capable of winning the NL playoff final only a few seasons ago, must have been a fluke.

Either way just sack Gary Johnson, horrible arrogant man.
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Post by Colorado »

And don't you find it interesting that CO seemed to have a whole lot to say to the press recently with respect to the Swindon Speedway situation. See "Gulls, Gulls, Gulls" post with reference to the Swindon Advertiser's article. He appears quite vociferous with them in stark contrast to the Torquay situation. Far from a wall of secrecy, quite transparent there. What is really going on?

I fear we are just fighting among ourselves, blaming Gary Johnson and Downes, thus taking the focus of CO. Let's focus our attention on him and put some very, very, very intense pressure there. And lest I hear that OMG we can't rattle. the cage, the team will fold. Guess what, that's where it's heading anyway. It may be that we find out CO is really working hard behind the scenes to make things happen and he is being screwed by the Torbay Council. That's Great! Wouldn't we all love him a whole lot more and get behind him fully!!! Heck yeah.
Joshtufc
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Joshtufc »

Enjoyable to see that a simple companies house search shows GE & CO running a company calls BS estates, are they trying to hide in plain sight?. I think by the shear amount of companies they are involved in who seem to be incredibly secret in what they actually do is enough to make any fan worry. Seeing that the club has for a while been owned by a riviera stadium limited with a director that there’s never been a mention of and for whom we owe a load of money has to make even the most naive supporter start to wonder if we are just being run into the ground for the purpose of real estate.

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... pointments

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... pointments Links if anyone is interested.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Colorado wrote: 29 Oct 2023, 21:36

I fear we are just fighting among ourselves, blaming Gary Johnson and Downes, thus taking the focus of CO. Let's focus our attention on him and put some very, very, very intense pressure there. And lest I hear that OMG we can't rattle. the cage, the team will fold. Guess what, that's where it's heading anyway.
Which has been my point all along yet all the fickle fans do is berate an experienced Manager who supposedly has a budget that our squad and subs bench doesn't seem to tally with. Location is at fault yet a lad comes on loan all the way from Fleetwood................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

GJ was or is desperate, and on the surface of it he's called his son up, asked for some fringe player, and Lee has sent us an ex con...
Chrisjb66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chrisjb66 »

Well, Mr Tea808, that’s a really useful, motivational comment…..not.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 30 Oct 2023, 07:59 GJ was or is desperate, and on the surface of it he's called his son up, asked for some fringe player, and Lee has sent us an ex con...

Why would he be so desperate if he has a budget to work with? Perhaps a freebie from his son is the best it gets?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 30 Oct 2023, 08:33 Why would he be so desperate if he has a budget to work with? Perhaps a freebie from his son is the best it gets?
Because he's blown the budget on players that are not fit for purpose and in some cases (Dawson) never play. Extended contracts to players who got us relegated and again, week after week are failing to perform.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

DB57 wrote: 30 Oct 2023, 10:31 Extended contracts to players who got us relegated and again, week after week are failing to perform.
I don't think he extended the contracts of the failing players, they are already in long term deals. I think only Hall and Moxey signed new contracts and Ash, Da Silva, Stobbs and Dawson are new signings.
I would put a question mark against re-signing Hall because if your budget is limited you can't afford the luxury of players who are going to have limited availability.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Cheddargull wrote: 30 Oct 2023, 11:20 I don't think he extended the contracts of the failing players, they are already in long term deals. I think only Hall and Moxey signed new contracts and Ash, Da Silva, Stobbs and Dawson are new signings.
I would put a question mark against re-signing Hall because if your budget is limited you can't afford the luxury of players who are going to have limited availability.
Fair enough, I bow to your greater knowledge of the details but, it's a fact that this 'experienced' manager has assembled a very poor squad of players.
jamestee67
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by jamestee67 »

Torquay United myst have sonething in mind. 20 managers have already list their jobs in the top five divisions. Football is a results based business. Torquay are not producing on any front. So where do they go? Invest, sell up, keep or sack the manager?

We will all have opinions. But, I'm sure we would agree, something has to change.