George Edwards

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Steve_TUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

George Edwards

Post by Steve_TUFC »

Can anyone summarise what was said after the game with George Edwards, Marshall et all?

My son and his work colleagues went but they left after the final whistle.

Thanks
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

George Edwards is in charge of the running of Torquay United not Clarke Osborne.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Steve_TUFC wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 21:14 Can anyone summarise what was said after the game with George Edwards, Marshall et all?

My son and his work colleagues went but they left after the final whistle.

Thanks
this photo?

from the facebook group someone called Marshall a liability and this is his reaction

knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Who was the fan quizzing George on the video posted on twitter? He was excellent, asking direct but polite questions and really starting to put George into a corner. It's a shame (but understandable) that others interrupted more aggressively as without that, we may have gleaned more.

Before this video I hadn't a clue what the guy even looked like. The brief encounter, awkward responses and him shuffling away leaves me very concerned though.

It's unforgivable that he and his comrades are treating the fans with such utter contempt. I fear what we will discover once the smoke clears and the wool is removed from eyes and their actual plan is revealed. I don't know what that is but suspect it will be good for their pockets and bad for this historic club.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

knightmaregull wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 22:50 Who was the fan quizzing George on the video posted on twitter? He was excellent, asking direct but polite questions and really starting to put George into a corner. It's a shame (but understandable) that others interrupted more aggressively as without that, we may have gleaned more.

Before this video I hadn't a clue what the guy even looked like. The brief encounter, awkward responses and him shuffling away leaves me very concerned though.

It's unforgivable that he and his comrades are treating the fans with such utter contempt. I fear what we will discover once the smoke clears and the wool is removed from eyes and their actual plan is revealed. I don't know what that is but suspect it will be good for their pockets and bad for this historic club.
just watched, agree shame about the plum that can't speak without shouting/swearing

here it is

Steve_TUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Steve_TUFC »

Thanks I’ve also just seen it.
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

There’s a video on Twitter with some of the conversation.

I was witness to it. So a top line summary:

There was no question of the squad in August. Mel Hayman then said that Osborne has invested millions - I think she thinks we should shut up and be grateful.

Struggling to get loans of required calibre - ‘no one wants to come down to us’

Engaging with TUST is not going to happen - Hayman senior just laughed and said it was not what ‘he’ wants - that will be Clarke.

Lots of non-answers and smoke and mirrors. I can’t believe these are the people running the club.
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Post by Colorado »

Such arrogance.
Great job by the level headed bloke asking the questions
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

The most fan engagement in 5 years

bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

I wouldn’t call his interactions with fans as particularly positive.

His answers if you can call them that were of a man cornered and wanting to disappear. There is no respect for the club and the fans from this puppet and the puppet master. They aren’t football people just property speculators with eyes on the development of Plainmoor
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Boycott the Bath game
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Havnt got any time for Edwards but would you seriously expect him to answer questions when some moron is f ing and blinding at him and filming it at the same time.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Yes doesn't help some moron swearing away but you can tell from his replies or lack of them that there is no interest in the club as a football team and as was known all along it's all about finance for housing as far as I can see which has backfired currently without the freehold and they're considering their next move which appears to be to finish the club off with the hope they can get their grubby mits in the ground for property.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Let clear up a few points, I was standing beside the guy asking good questions. I thank him for this. George confined a few things. The new ground is still planned. The finances are very good. It became clear getting players to relocate is a big issue. As others have pointed out, as the group got larger, with shouting and swearing he retreated.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Nick Potkins wrote: 29 Oct 2023, 08:48 Let clear up a few points, I was standing beside the guy asking good questions. I thank him for this. George confined a few things. The new ground is still planned. The finances are very good. It became clear getting players to relocate is a big issue. As others have pointed out, as the group got larger, with shouting and swearing he retreated.
I can't believe the new ground was even a concerning question to ask at that moment

The absolute farce of a team and performances led by a manager who seems devoid of any criticism with a wall of silence to the fans from the club would have been more important