Callum Dolan

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Brixham63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Brixham63 »

If Callum’s knees are intact and he has 60 mins in him then he’s a plus…possibly on a path of redemption for himself snd GJ….good luck to him and saves me bringing my boots and warning the bench with my 60yr old arse..COYY!
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

I echo Mr Tea808's sentiments. This is definitely recruitment from the dregs of the barrel.
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Got to admit if it was the Devil himself I'd probably welcome him at the moment. Anyone who witnessed that first half display at Weston would surely agree. Still recovering nearly a week later.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Jamie Vardy was convicted of assault while playing for Stockbridge Steels, having to wear a tag, before going on to make good and play for England, there are plenty examples of people from football, across the sporting world and all walks of life who've put thier previous lifestyle behind them becoming successful, so no need for anyone to judge here.

More concerned that we've signed yet another midfielder, when we lack quality and quantity in defence and upfront, just more evidence that previous poor recruitment, rather than budget cuts have left us where we are right now.
Formerly known as forevertufc
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

I disagree with Dave. It is human nature to judge others.

This individual has been convicted of one of the most despicable crimes that does not involve physical violence - i.e. drink driving. He was involved in a police chase whilst drunk at the wheel. He is fortunate that he didn't kill himself and, more pertinently, an innocent motorist.

Definitely not a role model for young fans.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Well....after lots of comments about not getting in any loans, now we've got one and there's lots of comments about where we've got one from.
There are very few professional players who are role models these days. Perhaps he has learned from his previous errors. Who remembers Chris Zebroski?
How about giving this fella a chance before slating him.
Gullsandbeyond121
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gullsandbeyond121 »

Give the guy a chance, after witnessing the nightmare in Weston he cannot be any worse. If he can run,pass, find his man, add some grit with a tackle and close the opposition down it will be an improvement that is desperately needed this afternoon.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

JimNichol'sdog wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 10:14 I disagree with Dave. It is human nature to judge others.

This individual has been convicted of one of the most despicable crimes that does not involve physical violence - i.e. drink driving. He was involved in a police chase whilst drunk at the wheel. He is fortunate that he didn't kill himself and, more pertinently, an innocent motorist.

Definitely not a role model for young fans.
Sport is littered with players who have fallen foul of the law....
You're right he is fortunate - BUT a drunk driver can and has killed themselves or someone else without a police chase........
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

Plenty of other players have let themselves down with drink. George Best, Tony Adams, Gazza to name just three. If he didn't have the talent then Fleetwood would have let him go. Lot's of people have rebellious youths and manage to put it behind them. Give the lad a chance, He could be just what we're looking for.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

What is Pete Johnson doing?

The only loan we have is from a club where there's another Johnson in charge

Shameful
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

With all due respect, letting one's self down with drink - i.e. George Best - does not compare with drink driving.

The former is, admittedly, foolish, but the latter is criminal.

My reference to a police chase was stating a fact. I am aware that drink drivers have killed all too often without being involved in a pursuit.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Jim's dog - I repeat just what quality of signing do you expect us to make?!
We are in the National League South !!
Disagree with Dave , midfield is where the most glaring problems are. Think we are good enough up front and Ash will come good.
Defence - well I agree we need a strong commanding centre back to play with Tomlinson, Marshall makes too many costly errors and Donnelan not far behind, he is better in midfield.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Agreed it is human nature to judge others, often tinged with hypocrisy, drink driving is despicable, so is using a mobile device while driving and the consumption of drugs all equally dangerous, but where do we draw the line here, because so is speeding.

How many who sit in judgement of a drink driver have done 40MPH in 30 zone without ever thinking of the consequences of a child stepping out in front of them, which would result in the death of the child, hands up we've all done it and got lucky.

That's why it's important not judge others none of us are truly innocent. To commit one offence can be deemed a mistake, it's only when repeated it becomes an issue.
Formerly known as forevertufc
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

I agree with the first two paragraphs of your post.

However, this individual is a serial offender. He was banned for drink driving and subsequently drove at 98 mph on a motorway while disqualified.

I would respectfully suggest that behaviour is more than a mistake.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

Let's give the lad a chance. We all want players brought in, that's what has happened but people are still not happy. He has come to our club to further his own career and to help us. If he turns out to be brilliant the problems will be overlooked.

Welcome to our club, Callum. I hope it all works out very well.