Hampton + Richmond v Torquay United Sat 28/10/23 3PM

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Hampton + Richmond v Torquay United Sat 28/10/23 3PM

Post by Dave »

Well here we are 24 hours after our latest horror show and our club remains tight lipped, our club continues to sit on it's hands as it's done for so long treating it's fantastic fans with utter contempt, while Yeovil took our NLS attendance record last night and I believe their chairman even rolled up his sleeves and pulled pints for the fans what a contrast. we now have limited time to prepare for looks to be a really tough away game, but a really key game with Bath and Yeovil to follow.

Hampton come into this game on a run of 4 straight wins, while in the same period we've seen 3 defeats from our last 4, more importantly Hampton for what ever reason unknown to me, appear to have only played 4 games at home winning 3 of them, suffering only 1 defeat to Yeovil , no disgrace there, they are just 1 point behind us, ladies and gentlemen the warning is there.

So we don't know what's going on with club we certainly don't know what's going on with our team. GJ oh the master of dark arts and deception, how he likes to keep the opposition guessing, well we've lost to Aveley, Worthing, Hemel, Maidstone and Weston so how's that plan working out for you Mr Johnson?

Here we are and the Christmas Turkeys are starting to get nervous and where's Dawson how much did he cost ? DeSilva is starting to turn into the international man of mystery, Will Jarvis and Moxey be fit anyone's guess is as good as mine, coupled with many fans telling us Hall looked like he'd already retired at Weston, How much did he cost ? Things don't bode well for the weekend.

We're told the right players aren't available, geography is a problem, as Law signed for Truro, Reid seemed to rip us a whole new one playing for Weston, Cox went on loan from Exeter to Yeovil, and Weston signed a lad on loan from Charlton who'd made 3 appearances for their first team, who's bullshitting who.

Lets give GJ a break, maybe, just maybe he'll pull some magic out of the hat, not holding my breath however, go on prove me wrong, on what we know so far.

Hampton 3 v 1 TUFC
Formerly known as forevertufc
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

The way Jarvis hobbled off the pitch last night, I'd be amazed to see him start Saturday.. if not, and if Lapslie is still out, then we will struggle to fill the bench. Then of course, there is Moxey who also left the field very gingerly last night. Incredible that we have reached November with so little use of the loan market - really what is going on? We have to guess because sure as hell we aren't going to get any information out of the club. I wonder if Johnson will do his usual press call tomorrow? If so, how on earth will the club look to spin last night's abject performance? Of course all of this is made worse by our rivals up the road in Yeovil showing us how a club should be run and managed.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

The NLS Table tells us that with the exception of Yeovil it is a very tight affair. 9 Clubs from 3rd to 11th are separated by just 3 points. 4 of those teams have played 14 games to our 13.

While it is all doom and gloom there is a very long way to go and quite honestly given our abject performances it is a miracle we are in 5th place.

I was not at WSM but the highlights made it look like men against boys and we were the boys. The third goal was a good example of our naivety. Our player, I am not going to name him, is 2 yards away and instead of getting a block in allows Thomas all the freedom he needs to rocket a shot at goal and its 3-1 game over.

We are lightweight, inexperienced and lacking confidence and fitness in too many positions.

You cannot carry 4 or 5 players and win games on a consistent basis. 1 or 2 yes but not 4 or 5.

I bet Reuben Reid said to himself before the game "I am going to score tonight"

If Mr. Osborne feels he has put enough money into Torquay United and the purse strings remain tightly closed we are going to need a miracle if we are to get Promotion.
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

They're gonna get flippin stuffed.
Hampton & RB 5 TUFC 1
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

2-2
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Prediction for Saturday, can not see anything other than another hiding. We could have only Lovatt and a couple of youth players on the bench....what a disgrace for a so called full time "professional" side with one of the biggest budgets. When will Johnson fall on his sword?

Hampton & Richmond 4 Torquay 1
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

3-0
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Hampton&R 3. Torquay 1
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

H&R 3-0 Torquay
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

H&R 3 TQ 3
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Brixham63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Brixham63 »

H&R 2-1 Torquay…I’ll take me boots in case they need a 60yr old to sit on the bench..
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Hampton 0 v 2 TUFC

Ever the optimist
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

Looking at the title of this thread I'm inclined to say Torquay Untied is more accurate than Torquay United at present
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Can’t see anything other than defeat here 3-0

PS if Johnson’s gone beforehand maybe the uplift will result in 2-0 win
Hot Rod
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Hot Rod »

Hampton 1 Torquay 5