Hampton + Richmond v Torquay United Sat 28/10/23 3PM

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 17:44 The money that the likes of

Lapslie
Jarvis
Hall
Moxey
Halstead
Dawson
Stobbs
Collins

are on tell you that GJ has had a decent budget, he blew it all on a gamble from last seasons relegation squad and it hasn't worked - he even bloody admitted in the summer he blew the money re-signing those players

His decisions, his resposibility and needs to be held account for it
So what are they being paid then? Precisely!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

thebigp1 wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 17:44 So Gary Johnson has no responsibility for our current situation?
2 points off the play off positions while operating with the bare minimum, yep he's responsible.
Dave

Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Someone semi-experienced but who’s worked on a small budget. Rob Dray from Taunton or Jerry Gill at Bath, I couldn’t care who just get Gary out!
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

Southampton Gull wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 18:00 2 points off the play off positions while operating with the bare minimum, yep he's responsible.
Bare minimum? Id love to see Aveley’s budget…
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Admiral wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 18:02 Bare minimum? Id love to see Aveley’s budget…
Momentum and winning mentality, something that almost got us back in the League under Johnson.
Dave

Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

Southampton Gull wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 18:05 Momentum and winning mentality, something that almost got us back in the League under Johnson.
We currently have neither under Johnson!
Gullsandbeyond121
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gullsandbeyond121 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 18:05 Momentum and winning mentality, something that almost got us back in the League under Johnson.
Key word ALMOST and failed.
Let’s blame the referee again . Yawn
No it was an experienced manager who failed to recruit after injuries as has been said by many on here and other forums
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

The same players showed it at the end of last season and almost pulled off the impossible. I remember you being quite happy a lot of them signed on again.
Dave

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Do you seriously think that the players you mentioned arnt being paid well for this league.

Dawson was signed when injured - he must have been because he didnt feature in pre season even, Thats criminal for starters. Hall and Moxey - no value in those two either. Neither going to be fit enough to play 90 minutes all season.

Thats a terrible use of the budget for starters - if we had 3 fit for purpose players (maybe a bit younger) the squad would be a fair bit better. Brad Ash - Johnsons big signing, absolutely weak as piss. Mcgavin (3 year contract) Crowe (2 year contract) not actually sure why he cant get a game couldnt be any worse. Marshalll (2 year contract liability). Martin - wtf did we sign him again for.

Tomlinson - not u to it. Craske (see Tomlinson) As I've said before we have 4 or 5 decent players. Now we've lost Jarvis and Lapslie we are getting shown up for what we are.

The squad is hopeless and its Johnsons fault noone elses.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

There were I think 3 of the team from the end of ;ast season playing today - Stobbs, Collins and Moxey.

That isnt last years squad.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

brucie wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 18:11 Do you seriously think that the players you mentioned arnt being paid well for this league.

Dawson was signed when injured - he must have been because he didnt feature in pre season even, Thats criminal for starters. Hall and Moxey - no value in those two either. Neither going to be fit enough to play 90 minutes all season.

Thats a terrible use of the budget for starters - if we had 3 fit for purpose players (maybe a bit younger) the squad would be a fair bit better. Brad Ash - Johnsons big signing, absolutely weak as piss. Mcgavin (3 year contract) Crowe (2 year contract) not actually sure why he cant get a game couldnt be any worse. Marshalll (2 year contract liability). Martin - wtf did we sign him again for.

Tomlinson - not u to it. Craske (see Tomlinson) As I've said before we have 4 or 5 decent players. Now we've lost Jarvis and Lapslie we are getting shown up for what we are.

The squad is hopeless and its Johnsons fault noone elses.
I didn't mention the players and I have no idea how much they're being paid, neither does anyone else on here. Dawson was a gamble most people were happy with until it became a weapon to beat GJ with.McGavin has shown some potential this season and others you mention would normally be replaced by loan players and become squad fillers but that isn't happening and it has everything to do with financial backing or the lack of it. Despite all the hysteria we're 2 points off the play offs.
Dave

JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

If Gary Johnson did have the resources to recruit four or five players, judging by his record to date most of them would spend more time in the treatment room than on the pitch.

I'd like to pick up Dobson is on a month to do sweet FA.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I repeat - Gary Johnson has stated to the press
it's in black and white approximately ten days ago that it is a MYTH that he is being denied funds to strengthen the team , but it is that he cannot for one reason or another find the players he needs, who are better than we have.
He and Downes continue to state that the players in the squad are good enough for promotion. If that's the case they are clearly unable to get them playing as a team for 90 minutes, absorb and carry out the plan , tactics etc and motivate them etc
They must be held responsible and be relieved of their duties.
Surely Torquay must have the second best budget in this league but teams such as Weston super Mare are beating us with better team play , coaching and a winning mentality and confidence that we don't have.
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Post by Colorado »

So Southampton and all the other folks who are in the pro Johnson camp, I ask you again and be very specific. At what position would you say Johnson needs to be fired. Be very specific. Give me as a position in the table and a specific date. If you cannot give a straight answer, then I'd ask you to really reflect on that.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

10 from the top
2 from play offs
9 from relegation
Last edited by kevgull on 28 Oct 2023, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal: