Torquay Utd v Weston super Mare 25/10/23 Ko 19:45

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Just to put things in perspective, chatting to Weston supporter today at work on the ins and outs of both team’s performance he came out with a good un!

“Bearing in mind one of our players changed a clutch and another fitted a kitchen before that match” 😳🙄

Maybe we’re doing the wrong sort of training, as well as the wrong type of supporters eh Gary?
Jackom
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jackom »

I disagree that GJ has lost the dressing room.
On Tues they gave their best and you could see the desire to in them to win.
The problem is they are not good enough as a team. Individually they are as talented as most in this division.
Is the team set up to its strengths? Is the system they play impossible to implement?
What happens on the training field?

If the players are playing with inadequate training, to a system that doesn’t work, it’s all down to management .

There is no doubt that the problem is not the players faults, I could see on their faces that they wanted it!

Even if they are not good enough it’s not their fault.

My question is this …
How does GJ go from being a class manager to an awful one ?
Budget? Past it? Complacent?
Or is he part of Osbourne’s greater plan to run the club into the ground. After Ashton Gate has he given up on selling and now trying for another way to get his millions back ?

Who knows!
Gullsandbeyond121
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gullsandbeyond121 »

Jackom wrote: 26 Oct 2023, 10:11 I disagree that GJ has lost the dressing room.
On Tues they gave their best and you could see the desire to in them to win.
The problem is they are not good enough as a team. Individually they are as talented as most in this division.
Is the team set up to its strengths? Is the system they play impossible to implement?
What happens on the training field?

If the players are playing with inadequate training, to a system that doesn’t work, it’s all down to management .

There is no doubt that the problem is not the players faults, I could see on their faces that they wanted it!

Even if they are not good enough it’s not their fault.

My question is this …
How does GJ go from being a class manager to an awful one ?
Budget? Past it? Complacent?
Or is he part of Osbourne’s greater plan to run the club into the ground. After Ashton Gate has he given up on selling and now trying for another way to get his millions back ?

Gave it their best ? and you could see their desire to win ?
Suggest you view the 3rd goal we conceeded.......if thats desire from Collins :lol:

But agree this bunch is nowhere good enough to compete even at this Shite level.

Jackom
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jackom »

Yeh 3rd goal basic defending positioning lacking…….
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Joey Barton’s out of work,,,,

Just saying lol
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I can't agree the team really wanted it and they gave it their best !
There's a difference between trying and really wanting it and giving it absolutely everything .
90% isn't good enough.
I think Tuesday was the most angry and depressed I have been after a Torquay match.
I mean really - how much longer is this going to be allowed to go on ?
6 defeats already this season. I agree player for player on ability we have to better than Weston's players but they had more fight and desire, add to that they played better football and had a team understanding that we don't have !
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Jackom, it is all about perception, the one thing that isnt broke on me is my eyesight and I saw precious little endeavour or heart first half at weston, in fact I will say that the weston back four will not have an easier first half all season, this is completely Johnsons team, johnsons tactics, such as they are and johnsons blame admit too.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Same old crap from Mr Johnson on today's press call - unbelievable .
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

Christ, he’s still here!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by culmstockgull »

Re: johnson press conference this afternoon, does anyone know who the person who asks the questions because today not only were they asking the questions they were also giving the answers so Johnson just had to nod and agree,who ever you are, you are a traitor to the supporters and the club and all just so you get free entry to the games, I would certainly like a quiet meeting with you. I would pay good money to ask the questions, such as why you bottled it tuesday night and didnt face either the fans or the interview, why you said the budget was spent now you are saying that it isnt, in spetember you said we couldnt get additions to the squad before the 1st october deadline, the following week it was because no one wanted their players cup tied, this week it is because we will only get players that will enhance the squad. As of today a one legged blind man would enhance the squad. Johnson also said we do not get success without the odd hick up,how many losses in a row in his mind constitutes a hick up Johnson to be a good liar you need to remember the lies you told last week and last month.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

culmstockgull wrote: 26 Oct 2023, 17:56 Re: johnson press conference this afternoon, does anyone know who the person who asks the questions because today not only were they asking the questions they were also giving the answers so Johnson just had to nod and agree,who ever you are, you are a traitor to the supporters and the club and all just so you get free entry to the games.
I think it is Dominic Mee, he is an employee of the club, not a volunteer.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by culmstockgull »

Thanks cheddargull I will seek him out at the next home game.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

culmstockgull wrote: 26 Oct 2023, 18:32 Thanks cheddargull I will seek him out at the next home game.
Dom is a top bloke, a true yellow. He is employed by the club and can't ask awkward questions like a 3rd party could from BBC Devon or the Herald Express.

I don't know what you mean by seeking him out but no point challenging Dom or giving him a hard time.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

culmstockgull wrote: 25 Oct 2023, 15:07 Nickbrod, I do not wish to seem negative but what does this TUST meeting hope to achieve assuming as we all believe no one from the club will turn up, it may well allow people to vent and may if run correctly increase memebership by a few., but to what benefit.The club has no time for the TUST and as a result the TUST has no leverage, and this is why the club primarily invented and supported the TUFC supporters club to fragment any opposition. TUST has had many years to come up with a credible plan for our future, but I have heard very little of substance, possible share options for fans but still not near enough to run a football club for six months let alone five years.
I’m not suggesting that what I am about to say is what the meeting will involve or that these would be the way forward for TUST but TUST is an organisation for supporters and if democratic should follow the wishes of its members.

Now, imagine that with a club unwilling to engage with fans or their representatives, supporters voted to take direct action in some way. Whether this is by way of protest, boycotting or an orchestrated campaign to disrupt the working of GI?

Or, in the way that supporters of Manchester United formed their own club because they were disenfranchised by the Glazer ownership, what if supporters of TUFC decided to form their own team so they could enjoy watching their football again, even if starting at a much lower level. What I have put is unlikely to emerge from the fans forum but it could do if that’s what supporters wanted.

There is going to come a point where supporters of TUFC cannot bring themselves to attend any longer while the strangulation of the club by Clarke Osborne and George Edwards is allowed to continue unfettered; it just is not fun and is being rendered pointless and devoid of hope. Part of me would rather watch a fan-owned club at an even lower level than just passively stand by watching our club wither and die to suit the Osborne/Edwards agenda because watching TUFC struggle to beat part-time teams knowing nothing is going to be done about it is just all so bloody hopeless.

So, a fans forum for supporters at least gives fans an opportunity to make decisions about what we are going to do about it and let the club know we are no longer willing to be taken for the terrace-fodder mugs they take us for.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Couldn't agree more. 👌
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com