JOHNSON, He of the forked tongue

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

JOHNSON, He of the forked tongue

Post by culmstockgull »

Since the start of the season I have kept a careful note of Johnsons post match comments, I apprecate we only hear the questions the in house yes man asks, never what guy henderson or dave thomas contributes and probably for a very good reason.
I cannot repeat all the drivel he says every week, you would all drop off but his better ones include,we had a bad day, we ony played for 45 minutes, we have not put in a 90 minute performance, we started slowly, we were timid, players need to look at themselves, we have good players who were not good second half. Always attempting to justifying the way we lost or did not win by deflection from himself.
Dave thomas's article this morning indicates that conversations have taken place regarding improvements to the squad, Johnson says I am the one to put it right(didnt he say the same last season and it worked out very badly for us) besides why should he feel the need to justify putting it right unless he accepts he has done it wrong. Additionally he says I am reluctant to make short term signings to overcome short term issues. hello, what planet are you on, Tomlinson and Marshall as centre backs are never going to be good enough, midfield, with the exception of Lapslie we are awaiting the second coming, possibly some time never of dawson as an answer to all our issues, why we ever signed him is a complete new chapter, titled management incompetance, It would not surprise me if Dawson became another Davis , injured for a whole season plus on very good money.
Johnson has shown he will say anything to justify tenure and salary, whatever that may be, he will still get paid regardless of results, one thing that has destroyed any support I have for the man is his belittling of the fans as being the wrong sort, remember Gary we will still be at Plainmoor long after you are a footnote in torquays history.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

[media][/media]In the abscence of the Club taking action to pay off Johnson, we as loyal fans of the should take the lead and start a fund to facilitate our future - there is none with Gary & co, he needs to be paid up.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

culmstockgull wrote: 19 Oct 2023, 11:44 It would not surprise me if Dawson became another Davis , injured for a whole season plus on very good money.
At least Liam Davis managed to put in two seasons for us before he got crocked.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

I'm another who always listens carefully to what is said, because certain personalities can't help but make telling remarks from time to time. .

The most arrogant comment I felt he made was when talking about relegation and salaries. He mentioned everyone being on less money, but couldn't help but say 'apart from me'.

So we have a manager who was no doubt given a decent pay rise when he signed that contract on the eve of the Play Off final. Possibly a decent salary for the manager of the expected league club we were about to become, and so he's now paid that same salary in NLS. I'd therefore say he's by far the highest paid manager in that league and even the one above.

Regardinging admission of failure, few managers admit to wrong tactics etc, unless they change them mid match and get a win. So there is nothing out of the ordinary there. Same with players not working out for us, will always be the players fault.

Dawson was another massive gamble on an injury prone player, it's the Johnson way.. I did think he was excellent for us, and I was happy he signed for us. However If someone knew he needed a serious operation, then that person should no longer work at TUFC. A wasted salary nearly 3 months into the season.

Plus our normal silence surrounding players returning from injury. Just tell us something, opposition managers aren't going to change their plans over it, and you'll give us something rather than keeping us in the dark.

He's an old school manager, entrenched in his ways, even more so when he feels under pressure. The loan comments a strange one, he's always bought in a large number of loans in the hope one or two stick. Either no one wants to loan to us or else there is absolutely no money left.

We have 6 or 7 decent players, it's a shame 3 or 4 of them are injury prone, especially with our need to play them every game

Did want to mention our support, 850 tickets sold for Weston is amazing. Nearly 2500 at home recently is fantastic support. I'm not a boycott supporter, however bad it gets I will still be there. I still love that feeling of walking toward the ground on match day.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

So Johnson has quashed the 'myth' that lack of funds is the reason for no loan signings
- see Torbay Weekly - just can't find the right players to improve the squad
Remember when he first arrived we would often have 4 forwards on the bench.
With 10 games in 39 days coming up Jarvis and Ash will be knackered.
Gullsandbeyond121
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gullsandbeyond121 »

desperado wrote: 20 Oct 2023, 12:02 So Johnson has quashed the 'myth' that lack of funds is the reason for no loan signings
- see Torbay Weekly - just can't find the right players to improve the squad
Remember when he first arrived we would often have 4 forwards on the bench.
With 10 games in 39 days coming up Jarvis and Ash will be knackered.
An injury or suspension to Ash or Jarvis and GJ will have to find the right player replacement and bloody sharpish.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

He's just slippery and nothing he says can be believed.

He's really the only person who is winning out of all this as hes still getting paid - I'd certainly disagree that we have 6 or 7 good players, I'd probably only put it at 4 or so at most.

I wouldnt include Moxey and Hall for starters as players who are incapable of playing 90 minutes are not really alot of good.

For me Jarvis, Stobbs, Lapslie and Collins - Outside of that I'd be pretty happy if they all left. Halstead has performed miracles at times this season but he's always got an error in him.

Look at the two Maidstone matches - he's certainly lost us the cup game as hes chucked both goals in his own net. If you watch the league game though he should have saved the winner in that one as well!

If you look at Covalans performance in both games he was so much better. I wonder if there was any thought of trying to get him back in the summer - I wouldnt have thought so as no thought seems to go into our recruitment.

Yeovil have signed a highly thought of striker from Exeter on loan - Even Weston Super Mare our opponenents after that just signed a player on loan from Charlton. As usual we have signed bugger all.

We have got a load of games coming up . With the state that this squad is in this could go pear shaped very quickly.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Taelee73 wrote: 20 Oct 2023, 08:14 Did want to mention our support, 850 tickets sold for Weston is amazing. Nearly 2500 at home recently is fantastic support.
Pity Gary Johnson doesn't feel the same way.