Torquay United v Maidstone United, Saturday 7th October, 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Torquay 1-0 Maidstone

Terrible bench
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

I’m going Torquay 3:1 Maidstone
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Oil Beef Hooked wrote: 07 Oct 2023, 14:52 I’m going Torquay 3:1 Maidstone
Can I revise my prediction please?

We can’t seem to string 2 passes together, midfield non existent, and now down to 10 men
Steve

Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

HT 0:0

We’ve been very poor and will be lucky to get anything out of this game.

Best thing about the 1st half - Halstead saving the penalty.
Steve

Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Absolutely piss poor performance in the first half
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Cheddargull wrote: 07 Oct 2023, 15:55 Absolutely piss poor performance in the first half
And in the 2nd
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Gary must go! Again!
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

A game dominanted by poor decisions

1 - Donellan (who had a very poor game) - with a terrible throw in

2 - Marshall pulling down their player when he was goal side

3 - Ash for his poor finish with our best chance of the game

Numerous passing errors throughout which gave them more opportunities then they created themselves

Disgraceful bench that is fully down to GJs recruitment in the summer

Not good enough
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Sadly we were very poor 😢. The truth is we are not really very good. Good attendance on a lovely day but civil war in the Pop at the end. Think this may be the worst TUFC side ever. Still me and the boy will keep attending as I did with my old man but every time I watch the opposition warming up, rather than feeling anticipation, I feel fear.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

GULL 67 wrote: 07 Oct 2023, 18:19 Sadly we were very poor . The truth is we are not really very good. Good attendance on a lovely day but civil war in the Pop at the end. Think this may be the worst TUFC side ever. Still me and the boy will keep attending as I did with my old man but every time I watch the opposition warming up, rather than feeling anticipation, I feel fear.

yeah saw this too, one GJ supporter was getting far too aggressive with someone who dared voice a different opinion to his
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

On a lovely Autumn Saturday we produced a really awful first half display and were second best all over the pitch.
You could see the Maidstone team grow in confidence when they realised we were so poor. We barely created any incisive attacks.
Donnellan is an infuriating player at times and he created the Pen for Maidstone by taking a throw in towards his own goal! What was he thinking?
Worse still the player he put under pressure was Marshall. A stone wall pen but Mark Halstead made a superb save by diving to his right.
With 10 men we were a bit better in the second half but missed 3 gilt edged chances for Jarvis, Lapslie and Ash. All missed the best chance falling to Ash who blazed over the bar with only the keeper to beat.
So after 6 Home League games it is 4 wins and 2 defeats with 9 for and 7 against.
I think it is fair to say we will not win Promotion with this group of players.
Moxey deservedly won MOTM but far too many players are simply not good enough its as simple as that. Sorry but it is true and Johnson and Downes must know that.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Goodness that was a poor watch,from minute one we forgot how to pass to each other, and yet another game when we were bullied, our bench said everything,weak,unfit and a first year pro. On a hot afternoon when from minute 30 we had to run ourselves ragged just to stay in the game so why or why did we wait until the 74th minute to bring on fresh legs, that is just piss poor management. Our midfield was overrun and without the endeavour of lapslie it would have been embarassing , Mcgavin, I just do not see him as any form of footballer, I recall after about ten minutes he made a useless pass to the opposition and then thought well someone else can sort that out, as a supposed midfielder he is a premier league spectator, if he did anything else but trot all afternoon I must have blinked and missed it. we never used the wings , well we did but no one fancied running past their opposition backs. That so called performance was the most efficent way to take a thousand off next weeks game,
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 07 Oct 2023, 18:43 yeah saw this too, one GJ supporter was getting far too aggressive with someone who dared voice a different opinion to his
The kids in the middle change their minds every week depending on the result
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Very good crowd considering the level of football!
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Just seen the GJ interview. I think he knows.Looks drained and worried. That squad will not be good enough to be promoted. Can't really see us having much of a cup run either. On the bright side attendances are good and away following excellent. I phoned Taunton yesterday regarding tickets and they told me interest from TUFC fans was frantic (stated they expect tickets to be on sale Monday). Apart from the football things are quite positive!!!