Torquay v Hungerford. FQ Cup 3rd QR

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Torquay v Hungerford. FQ Cup 3rd QR

Post by North Curry House »

Can not see many attending this uninspiring Cup Tie....possibly under 1000 with 21 visiting fans.
Only Bristows Bench and pop side open, which puts me off for starters.....but no one at the Club gives a sh**. They are not bothered about the sponsors, fans and supporters. No effort is made to encourage people to attend.

Added to which we will no doubt play "fringe" players ie those that are not up to NLS level. We should win but our mentality is not good, give me a 1-0 win.

£5625 for winning with £1875 going to the losers. Another £9375 (3125) available in the next round before the real cash is on offer in the first round...£41000 !!
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

They do give a shit, but sadly in my view lack the vision. What does George Edwards do for Torquay United, supporters, or the town. Just think of the numbers we could have got if it was £5 and free to under 16's. If one in ten attended again or finished up supporting the club, happy days.

I'm hoping the fringe players include Hall and Dawson, but sadly not to be. COYY 💛
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

Cup admission prices have to be agreed with the opposing team, not sure anyone would settle for the reductions quoted above.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Griff1n wrote: 29 Sep 2023, 13:28 Cup admission prices have to be agreed with the opposing team, not sure anyone would settle for the reductions quoted above.
You are not wrong.
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

I take people who need to sit and Bristows Bench is somewhere where I'll end up arguing with someone. The relentless claptrap and abuse that some so called supporters aim at the management is out of line, and other spectators shouldn't have to listen to it. Could have just left the fam stand open, then I'd have gone today. Hey ho.
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

What's happening with Dillon De Silva? Not even on the bench.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Stickingitin wrote: 30 Sep 2023, 15:08 What's happening with Dillon De Silva? Not even on the bench.
Injured.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

No moans?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

When you've got Hungerford , who are mid table in the league below at home, your always going to be expected to win.

Today was all about being totally professional, winning 5.0 is a big tick in that check box, and desvering due credit.

However fans will be looking at Maidstone home, the 4th qualify round and WSM away as tougher tests, come through those attitudes may start change.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

When is the next round?
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

North Curry House, you got your observations spectacularly wrong, crowd less than a thousand, actually closer to 1700, 21 visiting fans, they brought over 100 and were very noisy, playing fringe players, no we put out the first eleven.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Next round 14th October, Eastbourne away will be re-arranged.
Thought Stobbs and Collins played well, and McGavin continued his improvement in that deeper role. Will have to up it for Maidstone though, they will test our defence a lot more.
Thought Lovett might have got another game , maybe he wanted to keep Halstead sharp but he only had one save to make and saw little action. Not sure why Pearce is here, if he couldn't get on in that second half, another James Crole ? Says a lot when Hanson comes on for Jarvis.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Was surprised Pierce didn't come on, the game was won and 20 minutes would have helped him. Hansen was a pretty poor replacement unfortunately, opportunites to shoot or play simple passes and he does neither.

Comfortable display, could have been 9-4 with some good moves now andcagain. Is Desilva injured? I'm guessing Hall won't be ready for next Saturday as he wasn't in the squad and minutes today would have helped.

Abuse from Bristows? I sit 5 rows behind the home dug out and have only heard that one guy ranting a few weeks ago. There's the odd comment but on the whole it's normally really quiet!
Gullsandbeyond121
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gullsandbeyond121 »

A simple stroll in the park for us today. Eased up 2nd half and without doubt should have been more.
Also surprised Lovett was not picked . For me thought Stubbs was MOM. A nice Home draw would do nicely.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Southampton Gull wrote: 30 Sep 2023, 17:20 No moans?
My tea was sh1t