Jake Robinson

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PrestonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Jake Robinson

Post by PrestonGull »

Just looked at BBC teletext and it mentions that Jake Robinson is a doubt for tommorow. Anybody know why???
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Tactical propaganda perhaps ?
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

He is fine!! His Twitter confirms that he is chomping at the bit!! COYY
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Knock he picked up when that Sharps poleaxed him at Shrewsbury. Apparently he facebooked a picture of his ankle/foot after the game.
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

Should've been crocked. He was shit!
northharrowgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northharrowgull »

Just looking at match on recorded and dont agree Robinson was rubbish. Stevenage were up for it more than we were and they got the breaks. Closer than I thought
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

His workrate was good , his final shot / ball was appalling . He gets paid to score goals / hit the target. He did neither from 4 opportunities. End of. Poor display.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

He wasn't that bad, there certainly were worse on the field, and he had a good shot that hit the crossbar.

Would've liked to have seen him play up front which is where his proper position is (surely Buckle's most annoying trait?) so he could actually get in the box and shoot.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

yellowforever wrote:He wasn't that bad, there certainly were worse on the field, and he had a good shot that hit the crossbar. Would've liked to have seen him play up front which is where his proper position is (surely Buckle's most annoying trait?) so he could actually get in the box and shoot.
I take it you didnt bother checking the Shrews or Brighton sites when he came here on loan? He's a winger that also gets used in the hole behind a lone striker. He's not an out and out striker...
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

It was one hell of a foul he took at Shrewsbury and to be honest he lacked any spark in the second half up there. Most of the fans around me thought he was injured and should have come off, and again yesterday he looked half a yard short.

In my opinion he played yesterday with that some knock, and in reality his season ended in the first half at Shrewsbury.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

He was poor - just like everybody else. But he hasn't looked comfortable for a while in that wide-left role. If he was previously a winger, i can only assume it was a right-winger, because with no left foot there is no crossing threat from him. Likewise Billy Kee on the right is never going to beat a player and whip a cross in. With no proper wingers on the pitch, our threat is exclusively through the middle - and that becomes a bit predictable - especially when our best attacker has a bad day as Zebs did.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

His limitations were summed up for me when he dribbled up the touchline with his right foot only and as a result ran the ball into touch - what a plonker!
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

andygull wrote:Should've been crocked. He was sh*t!
he was the only one who nearly got us a goal...ran thier defence reagged..and has great pace....

not sure what planet your on ???
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Think you could argue that Zebs and Branston had equally good chances to score. Agree with Modgull, so annoying to see a professional do that.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I like Jake and think he adds something. It's easy to get on the back of flair players when things don't work out your teams way and I think that is what many on here are currently doing. Shame as I amsure he reads this and would not want to make him feel unwelcome. Him and Stanley are good friends and I hope we could get both - but I doubt this will happen.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/