FA cup vs Wimborne

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 16 Sep 2023, 09:28 I think Brewers Boy must be on something if he thinks we'll get to the 3rd proper and draw a top prem club..our cup form in past 10 seasons or so isn't great at all, If you look at all of our away performance's so far, we've not look 100% convincing in any of them, yet on paper the away form is decent, I think we'll win, but any result wouldn't suprise me at all, going for 2-3 Gulls., Think GJ will play a blend,reckon 3 back up players will start,
It's all about luck. We were lucky enough to draw a lower league team in this round, we could have drawn Worthing away, Plenty of lower league teams have beaten or drawn top teams that didn't play their best eleven. Hereford v Newcastle Histon v Leeds Exeter v Manchester United Burton Albion v Manchester United.
If you don't take it seriously you LOSE.

And the only thing i'm on is beer :lol:
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

0-1 Mcgavin.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

0-2 Stobbs
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

Lapslie 3-0
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Good solid result that. Onwards we go! Hope we can have a really good cup run.

Is it the 4QR round that the National League sides enter and the 3QR is the teams who progressed from 2QR?

Wonder if it will be regionalised still for 3QR?
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Good results but not as easy as it sounds!!!
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

It's an a standard win really, good that we've progressed, but I wouldn't get carried away beating Wimbourne, who with all dure respect we should be beating anyway.
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Winborne played well and caused us a few problems. Think we always had an extra gear to be honest.
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Another good win
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 16 Sep 2023, 17:52 It's an a standard win really,............
A standard indeed 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Not sure what I was expecting from this one , yes we won but hardly a typical cup atmosphere, nice little ground and beer was reasonable.They were a big ugly team who would be more at home playing american football and how they managed to escape even getting a yellow between them is beyond logical, some of their tackles were waist high. Lapslie out did his usual non stop game and fully deserved a goal,Jarvis must feel like he has done a full cage fight, he got battered for all the 70 minutes he managed before he was assisted off the pitch.What did worry me today and not for the first time this season was our back four who struggled to deal with a southern league team, Tomlinson three times in a short speace of time second half played us into trouble by lacking the most basic skills for a footballer his ability to pass a ball, Hanson did well first half at right back although he kept reverting to his default setting and wandering off into midfield leaving us light at the back, Marshall ever time he had the ball at feet he had a major melt down and got rid of it anywhere,I would like to say he is not comfortable with the ball at feet but the truth is he is not comfortable full stop, he makes his fellow backs nervous, hanson and lapslie were giving him some serious stick and the advantage of an open ground you can hear everything that is said.If we are to achieve anything this season we need to get in some quality players in the back four or else better teams will rip us apart.
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Oh well 3rd in the table not bad is it!!
Brixham63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Brixham63 »

I was expecting-hoping for some loan players by now…two experienced players as a minimum or are we waiting for Hall and Dawson? If Jarvis is out for any reason we will be trusting to luck and we will be found out. Young players need leading in a game and while we doing well in the league results wise we could become brittle…bring on the loans!
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Team looks ok without loans at the moment in gary we trust
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

I have to agree regarding our defence, every game we look flaky at the back and the one area that was crying our for being strengthened since last season and we've brought no one in.

How many times this season have we seen Marshall and Tomlinson open a massive gap between them and the strikers getting in time and time again.

When I saw Yeovil bring in Michael Smith last week, it confirmed my thinking that Yeovil will win this league. It was the sort of move we desperately needed, wiley old head steering the defence, but at best we'll end up with lightweight 'starlet' from an U21s team learning the game.

I guess it's purely down to the contrasting finances, but will be the difference between winning the league and settling for playoffs.