Torquay United v Farnborough Tue 5TH KO 7.45

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Wubble U wrote: 05 Sep 2023, 22:23 I must admit I was hoping for a negative result for the next 3 to make Johnson's position untenable...
You for real! support at its finest!
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Always good to win but Boy was it scrappy. First goal came at just the right time. I was beginning to see visions of an 88th min away win. Jury still out for me, we I'll either click and take this league or scrap and scrape our way to the play offs. Hope it's the former.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

10 yellow cards. Is that some sort of a record?
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Brewers boy wrote: 05 Sep 2023, 23:34 10 yellow cards. Is that some sort of a record?
Bournemouth away, surely 12+
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

A wins a win. In gary we trust. embrace it
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

MellowYellow wrote: 05 Sep 2023, 22:33 You for real! support at its finest!
Not the only one
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Well well well when they lose its sack everyone. Flats at plainmoor. Get a new team. Find loans from somewhere. Have no injuries. Get rid of haytor view. When they win goes very quiet. Remember this if that cheating ref had allowed the 2 goals at ashton gate we would of had a great team but got decimated. I still trust gary injuries are slowly coming back
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

I still want Gary gone if we win the league, which isn’t that difficult as a full-time side. It’s not even all about the football, it’s about the disrespect towards the fans over the last few seasons.
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Given wot some fans have given him. His brother and downesey his son uncle tom cobley and all not surprising is it. Hes a human being whos trying to do a job under a lot of different pressures that some dont give a feck about. Well suck it up boys this is as good as its gonna get
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Admiral wrote: 06 Sep 2023, 07:25 I still want Gary gone if we win the league, which isn’t that difficult as a full-time side. It’s not even all about the football, it’s about the disrespect towards the fans over the last few seasons.
Ah another one who continues to disrespect the level. As a full time side we should be aiming for the title, but to think it will be easy is foolish - did you watch the Aveley game or the highlights?
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Great result ...but piss poor performance, even it was a slight improvement on recent games. Farnborough on that showing, will be relegated, they did not offer a lot.

Tougher game on Saturday against Chelmsford, who will be challenging for the playoffs.Post Reply
https://torquayfans.com/posting.php?mod ... =3&t=17175
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

One decent performance and it was just that , not outstanding, will not change peoples attitudes, it would be stupid to think otherwise , if we get trounced on saturday everything is back to square one.
Last night was i the only one who didnt get a copy of the new playbook, I will wear a suit and look like a manager, you lot will play football, and a new cunning strategy you will pass to each other, actually tackle the opposition and let the paying fans go home with a smile on their faces.
In context, Farnborough were the poorest team to visit this season, if they had any plan is was to kick us and prevent us playing, I had watched several videos of their previous games and they had a couple of flying wingers who didnt turn up last night.
I thought Jarvis was awesome last night , not a word usually associated with torquay players, his first goal was very well taken and I would need to be convinced on time alone that he did not spend more time in our box defending set piecess than he did in the oppostion area, our much maligned central defnders did not have a bad game by their standards but everytime they tried to play out there was a collective groan of worry, lads just get rid, leave the pretty stuff to the footballers in the team.
MIdfield was confusing, Mcgavin was obviously the playmaker but at times was playing as a fifth defender so left huge holes in the centre that lapslie and his new mini me jenkins davies tried to fill, I have not been the youngsters biggest fan but last night he actually tackled like he meant it and didnt get brushed off the ball when a strong breeze passed by.
Going home up the 380 with a odd feeling and not the one where you wished you had gone for a pee before the journey, talking about the game in positives and knowing you wouldnt be spending half the night re living the match, I think its called contentment.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Teddiebear - Do you honestly think that the likes of Cameron, Nemane and Whitfield would have stayed if we had got promoted? They would have still have gone

Its the bear minimum - a comfortable win against part timers who had been sat on a hot coach all day and a team who got hammered by Truro.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Farnborough were poor, think I'm correct in saying we also scored 3 against them the last time we played them, which was about 1991! However we lost that one 4-3.

Last night that was little chance of that happening, Torquay were totally committed and at least tried to play football on the lovely Plainmoor pitch. I'm not sure if we made them look poor or they just were poor.

It's certainly nice to have a comfortable 3-0 win over the numerous 2-1s we've had recently. I still feel GJ should either walk off quickly win/lose or draw or walk over to the Pop side whatever the result. You can't milk the applause but scuttle off when it hasn't gone so well. Tbf, the crowd was excellent last night.

Bigger test on Saturday, it still feels we're one bad performance away from the crowd turning on the team. But I certainly feel more happy we're heading in the right direction.

Talking of injuries, aren't we only Hall and Dawson left to come back now?

Oh the sunset over Haytor was lovely, I split my time between watching that and the football. 😉
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

brucie wrote: 06 Sep 2023, 10:17 Teddiebear Do you honestly think that the likes of Cameron, Nemane and Whitfield would have stayed if we had got promoted? They would have still have gone

Its the bear minimum - a comfortable win against part timers who had been sat on a hot coach all day and a team who got hammered by Truro.
Steady on brucie...
Whitfield would have stayed had we gained promotion.
Other two don't know.
As for their team coach, surely even a part-time teams' would have air-con...... :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468