Torquay vs Braintree 28/08/23 15:00

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
dagglebert
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by dagglebert »

Pitted against a part time, lowly, relagation possibility team. Completely outplayed, dire unimaginitive performance. Go 1 -0 down. Rally a bit in 2nd half, equalise, get late winner. Pick up more injuries. Anyone seeing a pattern here ???
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

The middle of the pop is an embarrassment!
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

Dreadful today again, but it’s 3 points.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Up to 4th, nicely on course. Next!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

To be fair, their goal was offside and a later offside decision was missed and the lino gave it as out for a goal kick when it didn't seem to be over the line. . However we were dire. They were even direr and the officials even worse. Fortunately the ref didn't bottle the pen.
I know we're a bit short on first teamers but that's no excuse for the lack of imagination at set pieces. Surely an hour of watching MOTD on a Saturday night should give a few ideas on different things to try.
There is something dreadfully wrong as we have good players, but not a good team.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

You simply cannot keep letting these teams score the first goal. Bloody hard work if you do
We can't keep riding our luck and scraping late wins. We need strengthening in midfield and defence, it's so obvious.
What has it come to when I'm worried about playing Aveley next week. Another 3G pitch,
we won't keep getting away with it.
Brixham63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Brixham63 »

That was a tough watch. Reading back through the posts (and I’m a glass half full man) we are winning because the opposition is actually just worse than us. We can improve but on the pitch management and leadership appears zero. Hall and Dawson are vital or an experienced loan. The luck will run out and we are going to get spanked. We must have incoming??..and to get 2500 through the gate is amazing…the one positive constant.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Although, today we were yet again, average to poor especially so first half I will give the team a free pass,who in the their right mind at the FA considers it acceptable for so called pro teams to play two games within 48 hours. No wonder they were heavy of leg and short on tempo, second half they were running purely on adrenalin, the Braintree goal was a cock up between tomlinson and marshalll neither of whom had the legs to get near their forward. Collins was some where else today, everything he touched went astray and wasnt happy getting subbed, walked straight down the tunnel and did not acknowledge Johnson, martin was knackered after 50 minutes, I though Jarvis was outstanding today, not only playing so deep to get any service, he was also the principal defender for all their corners and I reckon he ran lapslie close in metres covered.
The EFLwindow closes thursday, lets see if johnson is good to his word and brings in some much needed loans before saturday.
Gullsandbeyond121
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gullsandbeyond121 »

I thought Johnson always said this was an entertainments business. Lacking in every department sadly.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Look Halll is on crutches and Dawson is looking at mid October at the earliest (which probably will be more like Xmas) - Collins was injured thats why he was subbed.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

dagglebert wrote: 28 Aug 2023, 17:51 Pitted against a part time, lowly, relagation possibility team. Completely outplayed, dire unimaginitive performance. Go 1 -0 down. Rally a bit in 2nd half, equalise, get late winner. Pick up more injuries. Anyone seeing a pattern here ???
I think the pattern is that as a full time professional team we are fitter than our semi pro counterparts thus we are able to keep going that little bit longer, and that is why we are able to over turn first half deficits.
If the squad gets promoted and keeps the same personnel it will get slaughtered back in the mostly full time professional National League.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

I don’t care if we play rubbish all season but go up anyway. We are struggling to find a rhythm because we cannot field our strongest side. We are 2 points from top so let’s be positive .
The shouting for Johnson out when we went one nil down was a disgrace. I didn’t hear that when we scored twice and won the game .
Utter twats !!
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 28 Aug 2023, 20:13 I don’t care if we play rubbish all season but go up anyway. We are struggling to find a rhythm because we cannot field our strongest side. We are 2 points from top so let’s be positive .
The shouting for Johnson out when we went one nil down was a disgrace. I didn’t hear that when we scored twice and won the game .
Utter twats !!
In all fairness, these are the same fickle idiots that were singing Gary Johnson’s yellow army at FT, they can’t make their minds up
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Did we win or lose today?! If you can’t enjoy a last minute winner I suggest you pack it all in.

We aren’t good, but we have been good enough to win four games in a row. Wait for some quality loans to come in and see how we do.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

Johnson’s been here too long, and for that reason I can’t enjoy it as much as I’d like. Get us promoted and retire and you’ve redeemed yourself