Slough vs Torquay 26/08/23 15:00

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'll support the club no matter what league we're in. We don't have a magic right to be anywhere but where we are. Some fans are so fickle. We've just won away AGAIN. Let that sink in when you read some of the comments. That's what is truly embarrassing. Under Osborne we're lucky to even have a club to support and so with that in mind I'm glad we have an experienced manager like Gary Johnson, it could be so much worse.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

And so much better !!

I have supported this club since 1971 whatever division its been in but a full time club constantly getting outplayed by part timers is pathetic.

Did you see us against Worthing !! ??

Giving a three year contract to a bloody novice. A "scout " who never scouts. Three years of crap recruitment but we cant be critical just doff your cap and be grateful !!
Last edited by Dutchgull on 26 Aug 2023, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Very poor first half and Halstead kept us in it.
Much better second and two good goals.
We’re not playing well but if we keep up two points a game we’ll be top of very near the top at the end of the season.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Do you mean the Slough Town who are 23rd - how can people possibly say they didnt think we would get a point from this game.

We've somehow got away with it again today. God knows how but I'm glad we did. Luckily enough they seemed to have run out of gas after about an hour.

We seem to be running out of players big time. looks like Lapslie will be missing now - all that said it should really be another 3 points on Monday. Travelling from Essex for part timers with such a quick turnaround should give us a massive advantage, even with half a team out.

As you say being in this league is embarassing.

Whether Osborne is the issue is debatable - we've got another injury crisis (for the third year running) we again have no striking off the bench - quite how that is the owners fault is beyond me.
Last edited by brucie on 26 Aug 2023, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.
Hornblower
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Hornblower »

Great win. To come from behind away from home will give the team a boost. Bring on Monday
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

brucie wrote: 26 Aug 2023, 17:37 Do you mean the Slough Town who are 23rd - how can people possibly say they didnt think we would get a point from this game.

Simples!

Plastic pitch. 3 points is a bonus in my eyes.
Dave

teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Yep
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 26 Aug 2023, 17:46 Simples!

Plastic pitch. 3 points is a bonus in my eyes.
They train on a " plastic " pitch. They are professionals they should be able play on that kind of surface !

Of course I am happy we won but jeez we make bloody hard work of it.

As for experienced manager .....other managers are available !!
Hot Rod
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Hot Rod »

5 years ago we had just drawn 0-0 on that same plastic pitch and had 8 points from 5 games. We took 4 points from the next 12. I will start to worry if we don’t best that.

No embarrassing all time low here- we are well on course.
CourtierGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by CourtierGull »

Dutchgull wrote: 26 Aug 2023, 17:55 They train on a " plastic " pitch. They are professionals they should be able play on that kind of surface !

Since when has seale hayne been plastic?

Some of us really need to get over the fact we’ve been relegated, months ago now, enjoy another away win and focus on hopefully another 3pts Monday.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Dutchgull wrote: 26 Aug 2023, 17:55 They train on a " plastic " pitch. They are professionals they should be able play on that kind of surface !

If you'd ever played at a decent level you'd understand the difference between training on a plastic pitch and playing on one.

Best calm down, you'll give yourself a coronary
Dave

Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

Paignton Community college South Devon college or whatever its called !!

They SHOULD be able to cope ! Why the hell not !

Pathetic excuses !

I am SOOOO grateful for a win at mighty Sough Town.
Last edited by Dutchgull on 26 Aug 2023, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

Southampton Gull wrote: 26 Aug 2023, 17:31 I'll support the club no matter what league we're in. We don't have a magic right to be anywhere but where we are. Some fans are so fickle. We've just won away AGAIN. Let that sink in when you read some of the comments. That's what is truly embarrassing. Under Osborne we're lucky to even have a club to support and so with that in mind I'm glad we have an experienced manager like Gary Johnson, it could be so much worse.
Like I said, it's about statistics.
We'll all support the club no matter what, yet it takes some fans to state the obvious whilst others keep fickle in their pockets, or wherever they keep it.
A magic right is through knowing what the opposition is going to do with you, and if you are weak then you'll be relegated. Much like TUFC were last season.
If the embarrassment comes from the fact that it's about time this team should be winning in all departments I would understand, but the simplicity is that they aren't and you cannot deny that.
Using Osbourne who is basically a corporation owning a club which should belong to the people, and using Gary Johnson as an experienced manager (in both going up and going down) is basically gaslighting.
If Osbourne plan was 5 years then time has passed us by, because this was not the plan of the fans, which means the corporation has a different plan. Why? Because this team should be winning easier than the last campaign in the league before.
That's where most of them came from.
Plastic pitches is also gaslighting. All players at this level know plastic pitches.
cockneycockers
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by cockneycockers »

So, we nicked that with two good goals. Total was four shots, two were on target and both scored. Think they had 13 or 14, and will be wondering how they didn’t beat us. Don’t let the result fool you into the fact we are papering over the cracks.
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

A wins a win cocker