St Albans City v Torquay United - 19th August 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Games like today make you question whether you now anything at all about football, on paper, with a paper thin squad and several starters that would on a good day struggle to make the 15, injuries all over the shop and we go and pull off another win, the football gods have a strange sense of logic, but I will take it, please Mr johnson could you make half an attempt to bring in some decent loans before next saturday.
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

First half we did ok and deserved to be ahead.

Second 45 was pretty bad and we were walking wounded again.

Let’s take the 3 points, but we need some quality loans to come in with Dawson and Hall both out.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

I heard GJ on radio Devon at around 14.45pm, bloody hell the bloke needs to get over himself, not giving away any info to the reporter because people around him maybe listening?, The thing is Gary, you've put us back into regional part time orientated football, and you wanna act like Jose Mourinho??, Good win today, but if we are to do anything in this league we need to be wining games like this, just need to keep focused and concentrate on the next game now, but Johnson's PR is shocking, if not embarrassing.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

A deserved win.
Probably should have scored a second in the first half. Not so good in the second but despite the weakened team and losing more players during the match we defended well.
Good away support. 300 maybe.
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Good positive comments
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Skillsy »

Great result, everybody would have been happy with this before kick off. Same old criticism, though. If I was Johnson I'd ignore most of the fans, many of whom seem to want to do nothing but pick faults. We had five automatic starters injured today but managed to grind out a result.. No doubt some will say we should be smashing teams like St Albans, but it's not that simple. In reference to the lack of loan signings, for all we know the club has probably spent most of the week trying to bring in players, but for whatever reason it hasn't happened.
One final point, if we win at Slough and results go our way next Saturday we could be top. To my way of thinking, being top (or near) isn't a bad position.
Let's get behind Gary and the lads....

Forza Torquay.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 19 Aug 2023, 18:26 I heard GJ on radio Devon at around 14.45pm, bloody hell the bloke needs to get over himself, not giving away any info to the reporter because people around him maybe listening?, The thing is Gary, you've put us back into regional part time orientated football, and you wanna act like Jose Mourinho??, Good win today, but if we are to do anything in this league we need to be wining games like this, just need to keep focused and concentrate on the next game now, but Johnson's PR is shocking, if not embarrassing.
Get over yourself. Half a side out through injury and 3 points away from home. I'd say that's good management.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

To Southampton Gull, who pulled your chain?, pipe down pal, if you think GJ not explaining the team formation prior to kick off is ok, then so be it, but he needs to have a word with himself, this is St Alban's away for crying out loud, not a champions League game, his ego is way to big, it's well known in football circles he's disliked and pisses people off, and by the way, Aldershot did stay didn't they?, You gave me grief for saying they'd stay up, If you think beating the mighty St Albans is good, then good luck to you, but personally I think you're deluded.
Gullsandbeyond121
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gullsandbeyond121 »

Pro Johnson mob out in force after todays victory over the St Albans massive
they were nowhere last week after the Worthing debacle.
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

And ita a yawny yawn from me
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 19 Aug 2023, 20:11 To Southampton Gull, who pulled your chain?, pipe down pal, if you think GJ not explaining the team formation prior to kick off is ok, then so be it, but he needs to have a word with himself, this is St Alban's away for crying out loud, not a champions League game, his ego is way to big, it's well known in football circles he's disliked and pisses people off, and by the way, Aldershot did stay didn't they?, You gave me grief for saying they'd stay up, If you think beating the mighty St Albans is good, then good luck to you, but personally I think you're deluded.
You just can't help yourself. Get over it, he's the manager and no amount of spitting your dummy out is going to change it. Be happy with another 3 points on the board, that's what any normal fan would want but not you, any excuse to slag off your nemesis.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

It was a game of two halves. St Albans never got a look in first half and we took a deserved lead. Second half we could not keep up the momentum and let St Albans back into the game albeit we were still a threat. A few players not totally match fit but at least we had the super-subs of McGavin, Hanson and Crowe (who by the way did ok). Our defence which is often criticised of Martin Donnellan, Tomlinson and Marshall were rock solid today and for me Martin was MotM.

Support was massive, felt like a home game and players showed their appreciation at the end of the match
Gullsandbeyond121
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gullsandbeyond121 »

MellowYellow wrote: 19 Aug 2023, 21:05 It was a game of two halves. St Albans never got a look in first half and we took a deserved lead. Second half we could not keep up the momentum and let St Albans back into the game albeit we were still a threat. A few players not totally match fit but at least we had the super-subs of McGavin, Hanson and Crowe (who by the way did ok). Our defence which is often criticised of Martin Donnellan, Tomlinson and Marshall were rock solid today and for me Martin was MotM.

Support was massive, felt like a home game and players showed their appreciation at the end of the match
Awin is a win, super support by the sounds and credit to all that attended.
Was Johnson fist bumping at the end ? :scarf:
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Forest gull »

Some fans seem to forget both teams want to win. Of course the opposition got back into the game, they wanted to win. Ffs people. It’s called sport.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Gullsandbeyond121 wrote: 19 Aug 2023, 21:17 Was Johnson fist bumping at the end ? :scarf:
No!