Torquay Utd v Worthing 12/8/2023 15:00

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Very good report Keithsson, summed it up completely
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Skillsy wrote: 13 Aug 2023, 02:29 Two poor performances, agreed. But so easy to pick fault and it worries me how eager people seem to be to be to criticise. I firmly believe Johnson is the man, and at the end of the season we will go up.
Mr Johnson, if you read this then please ignore all the nonsense. A resounding win on Tuesday and it will all go quiet, such is the fickle nature of football fans. If we are nowhere at Christmas it may well be the time to go, but until then please keep the faith.
It'd be interesting to hear your justification of your belief that Johnson is the man and that we are heading for promotion.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

DB57 wrote: 13 Aug 2023, 08:28 It'd be interesting to hear your justification of your belief that Johnson is the man and that we are heading for promotion.
He’s fishing
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

My only gripe is the way the referee let all that man handling, bear hugging, shirt pulling by that wrestler at centre back on Jarvis go.
It was laughable. Once it happened once or twice he just carried on because he knew he was getting away with it
On another issue how on earth does Johnson think he can get away with playing a back three of Donnellan, Tomlinson and Craske ?
Be better off playing Moxey and Hall there.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Admiral wrote: 13 Aug 2023, 08:33 He’s fishing
Fair enough - I'll consider myself hooked😂😂
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Why buy De Silva if he's not going to get more than 15 minutes?
He didn't get much of the ball but in the last few minutes beat his man and got a cross in two or three times. We needed that all game (amongst many other things!).
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

99% percent of the problem yesterday was the non existent midfield, they simply cannot run. Lapslie and Dawson both out, two games in. Absolute shambles.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Didnt go but listened on the radio. Feared the worst with the team sheets and the lightweight midfield. Sounded awful on TUFC radio and the co commentator could barely bring himself to comment come the last 10 mins such was the abject display in front of him. If you know you are missing some key players (Lapslie) why play the same way in the hope it will turn out ok. We miss Lapslie, Dawson and a CB or defensive shape suitable to the personnel. You cant blame him for injuries (although we seem to have a few early on in recent seasons) but you can blame Johnson for the tactics with the players available.
I am going Tuesday (largely because i already bought my ticket) but i fear the worst again based on what we have available, so soon at the beginning of the season (AGAIN!) and the arrogant tactics being employed. We shall see!
TUST #324
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Embarrassing, quite simply no other words for it. My family and myself made the 380 miles round trip from Worthing, to support the team we love, follow and support. Having returned home, my phone was full of messages from my mates taking the pi$$, now to keep my head down for a week.

We were embarrassed by Collage Academy Players, part time players and a coaching team paid per hour.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Skillsy wrote: 13 Aug 2023, 02:29 Two poor performances, agreed. But so easy to pick fault and it worries me how eager people seem to be to be to criticise. I firmly believe Johnson is the man, and at the end of the season we will go up.
Mr Johnson, if you read this then please ignore all the nonsense. A resounding win on Tuesday and it will all go quiet, such is the fickle nature of football fans. If we are nowhere at Christmas it may well be the time to go, but until then please keep the faith.
is this SG alt account?

Complete nonsense
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Skillsy »

In no way I am defending two poor performances, but the whole 'sack 'em all' attitude is ridiculous. So easy to sit behind a keyboard and find fault with everything/everyone. Two weeks ago the consensus was that Johnson should take us up, with a few exceptions. After two games he has apparently become a dinosaur and doesn't have a clue what he's doing. As I said, if we are nowhere when the season has taken shape then a change may be necessary, but at the moment we should all get behind the team/management/staff and help turn things round. They haven't all become useless overnight, hopefully it's just a poor start that will soon be corrected.
I will be there on Tuesday.....
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

Can we please have a wrestler at centre half with man handling, bear hugging and shirt pulling?
Leisure Dynamo
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Leisure Dynamo »

Just as an aside, terrible performance and all that but have you ever seen officiating like that ?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Skillsy - you really must give up smoking the crack, its a bad habit you know. Presumably you are winding everyone up.

God forbid you are serious but in the likely event that you are, then you are part of the problem. What exactly is ridiculous about accepting a management team that is taking the supporters as mugs.

You are right though - players havnt become useless overnight. The likes of Mcgavin ,Hanson have been useless ever since they got here. We are in a part time league FFS wake up. You are in denial.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Skillsy »

I agree, several players not good enough. Poor decisions to offer them good contracts.
I am serious, and hope it turns round quickly. Need to remember we are two games in, forty four left. Far too early to panic.
Didn't want to mention this but I now feel compelled, I'm an ex-pro who now holds coaching badges so I think I have a reasonable understanding of how teams work. Happy to accept a change is needed if this doesn't turn round in a few games, but at the moment we should all get behind the club.
As I said, I'll be there on Tuesday and will be right behind the lads. I hope everybody follows suit........