Dillon De Silva

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

I'd have no problem with him playing wing back. In a weaker division, 6 months on, following that exposure to playing in a different position. A learning curve, not a deciding factor whether he can play that role or not.

If he's only got last season to call on regarding his experience playing at wing back, then it's no surprise that he wasn't the finished article, especially in a struggling side. Wasn't he a first year professional? Reminds me of Angus MacDonald during that first spell with TUFC.

It's unrealistic to think he won't improve, or be good enough going forward. A young attacker, with no previous first team experience, doing a job for the manager, in a team of youngsters, losing most weeks.

That is how he will develop (not that it matters regarding moving on and making TUFC a transfer fee - we know they leave for free) really experiencing the importance of his and the team's need to defend and attack with equal gusto. That will make him a more rounded footballer.

It may be irrelevant, re playing at wing back, but I'm pleased to see a loanee join the club on a permanent deal, the first since... Leon Constantine?
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Parkys People wrote: 04 Aug 2023, 22:11 I'd have no problem with him playing wing back. In a weaker division, 6 months on, following that exposure to playing in a different position. A learning curve, not a deciding factor whether he can play that role or not.

If he's only got last season to call on regarding his experience playing at wing back, then it's no surprise that he wasn't the finished article, especially in a struggling side. Wasn't he a first year professional? Reminds me of Angus MacDonald during that first spell with TUFC.

It's unrealistic to think he won't improve, or be good enough going forward. A young attacker, with no previous first team experience, doing a job for the manager, in a team of youngsters, losing most weeks.

That is how he will develop (not that it matters regarding moving on and making TUFC a transfer fee - we know they leave for free) really experiencing the importance of his and the team's need to defend and attack with equal gusto. That will make him a more rounded footballer.

It may be irrelevant, re playing at wing back, but I'm pleased to see a loanee join the club on a permanent deal, the first since... Leon Constantine?
:-/ :-/ :-/ :-/
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Parkys People »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 04 Aug 2023, 22:27 :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/
Tongue in cheek Smilie.

CLE or Jake Andrews, 3 or 4 years ago, being realistically the most recent I can think of.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Jack Stobbs, Kevin Dawson and Lewis Collins, and that's from just this season.
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Parkys People »

Cheddargull wrote: 04 Aug 2023, 23:00 Jack Stobbs, Kevin Dawson and Lewis Collins, and that's from just this season.
:red: for me.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Parkys People wrote: 04 Aug 2023, 22:11 That is how he will develop (not that it matters regarding moving on and making TUFC a transfer fee - we know they leave for free) really experiencing the importance of his and the team's need to defend and attack with equal gusto. That will make him a more rounded footballer.
He'll be under 24 next summer so we'd be entitled to some form of compensation if he turns down a new contract to go elsewhere.

It probably wouldn't be much, but it'd be something
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
PrestonHenry
Trialist
Trialist

Post by PrestonHenry »

I totally agree. Playing as a full-back can be a valuable experience for him. Given his limited exposure and as a young player, it was natural that he was not fully developed in that role last season, especially in a struggling team. It's unrealistic to expect him not to improve over time. He is learning and adapting, just as Angus MacDonald did in his early days with TUFC. This is how he will become a more all-round player. And it's great to see a lender join the club permanently – the first time since Leon Constantine, if I remember correctly.
NatashaWade
Trialist
Trialist

Post by NatashaWade »

That's exciting news! It seems like Dillon is making a return to Plainmoor. It will be interesting to see how his presence impacts the team and the dynamics on the field.
Dive into a realm of endless creativity and innovation as Mod APK techzapk empowers you to reshape your apps and devices according to your imagination.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

He isnt and will never be a full back
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

We dont want him to be ! Just be able to defend when required.
AdrianC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Myers
Watches from: Pop side

Post by AdrianC »

I agree Desperado, just knowing what to do will help out when we are on the back foot.

What concerned me on Saturday was that he struggled to get round his marker who looked to be struggling with fitness in the last 15/20 mins.
cockneycockers
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by cockneycockers »

AdrianC wrote: 08 Aug 2023, 13:49 I agree Desperado, just knowing what to do will help out when we are on the back foot.

What concerned me on Saturday was that he struggled to get round his marker who looked to be struggling with fitness in the last 15/20 mins.
He didn't seem as interested in getting involved as I would have expected, considering it was his second debut.
Just did his thing when he was passed too and only managed to go past the big defender once out of three times.
Come on Dillon, fire in the belly please.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by wbw »

First one off the wage bill
leetufc
First Regular