Fixtures 2023/24

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Fixtures 2023/24

Post by portugull »

Away to Dover on 5 August

Truro City Boxing Day and New Years Day.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Glad to get Dover out of the way early on !!
AdrianC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Myers
Watches from: Pop side

Post by AdrianC »

Handy, Cricket season still so won’t be going to Dover, having done it twice before.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

First games at Plainmoor;

Sat 12th Aug Worthing
Tues 15 Aug. Chilpenham
Mon 28 Aug. Braintree. (Bank Hol)
Tues 5 Sept. Farnborough
Sat 9 Sept. Chelmsford

Hardly any glamour games there!
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Hell of a lot of Tuesday night games - think I counted 9 (Chelmsford is an error) as usual a lot of the fairly close away ones are Tuesday (Taunton, Weston, Chippenham , Farnborough)
Looks like first one at Dover will be an overnight er , would be a long trip on a Saturday morning in August !
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

And this is what our gaffer thinks about the coming season....

''It’s exciting whatever league you are in when you see the fixtures if you know what I mean, and obviously Truro have become our Christmas team so that’s always good.''

So, playing the likes of Truro is 'always good' ... no it f&*king isn't!
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I hope we stamp on these teams and really get on top of them from the start, if you let them play the ball around and grow in confidence you're in for a difficult afternoon. I seriously think this is going to be much harder than last time, we must get in the habit of scoring goals and winning games from the off.
It's got to be slightly worrying how Lapslie, Moxey and Hall are going to stay fit especially with 7 artificial pitches.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

United62 wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 15:38 And this is what our gaffer thinks about the coming season....

''It’s exciting whatever league you are in when you see the fixtures if you know what I mean, and obviously Truro have become our Christmas team so that’s always good.''

So, playing the likes of Truro is 'always good' ... no it f&*king isn't!
Normal GJ bullshite, exciting ? 🤔
Well Dover away, does not excite me whatsoever.
Shows how far we have fallen when you see the names we are facing. 5 year plan and back to square one with the same old
BS
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Shame
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

DevonBee wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 17:37 Normal GJ bullshite, exciting ? 🤔
Shows how far we have fallen when you see the names we are facing. 5 year plan and back to square one with the same old
BS
what would like him to say?

"yeah, it's a shit league, and it's embarassing that we have to go to places that sound made up like Chippenham and Farnborough"?

If he'd said that, people would get really upset.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

happytorq wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 18:22 what would like him to say?

"yeah, it's a shit league, and it's embarassing that we have to go to places that sound made up like Chippenham and Farnborough"?

If he'd said that, people would get really upset.
What would I like him to say ?
Well an apology for last season would be a start.
Be accountable for his responsibilities in taking our famous club back to this level.
His interviews are a total embarrassment, he should have been history after Yeovil away last season my opinion.
An embarrassing interview then and critical of support on the day. Maybe some have forgot. I certainly haven’t, it’s a constant joke the bull that disperses from his lips.
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

If Gary Johnson believes that fixtures against the like of Truro are exciting then he's completely lost the plot or he's suffering from sunstroke!!

What would I like him to say?

That last year his recruitment and tactics were a total abject failure and that he apologises to the loyal fan base for his, and the rest of the management team's, total ineptitude.

That will not happen. There's as much chance of an honest appraisal by Gary Johnson in an interview as there is of the Taliban campaigning for female emancipation!!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Not sure what kind of team Dover are going to put out. Their first signing is 36 years old winger Ricky Lee Holmes who has had more clubs than Captain Tom has had birthdays. Then they announce their second signing Ade Shokunbi on 9th June but he did a u-turn and signed for Dulwich Hamlet. Dover have now announced they look forward to announcing players who actually want to play for the club. Welcome to NLS.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

DevonBee wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 17:37 Normal GJ bullshite, exciting ? 🤔
BS
And still no apology or acknowledgment of his failure from GJ!
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Admiral wrote: 06 Jul 2023, 06:13 And still no apology or acknowledgment of his failure from GJ!
When we clearly have an owner that does not give a shite, then why should Johnson I guess. Johnson is bullet proof with CO and his sidekick
the fool that is meant to understand football.
This season is not going to be the breeze that some people think.
It remains toxic, with a huge number against Johnson as many feel a change was needed long ago.
But this is where we are, relying on his Dads Army brigade and fortunately a proven goalscorer in Ash at this woeful level of football.
Mark Halstead admitted they let a lot of people down last season, and fair play to him for being honest.

Lastly the PSF are hardly inspiring, but maybe the Wyscout subscription has expired with the budget blown