Torquay United v Wrexham Sat 29 April KO 5.30pm.

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Torquay United v Wrexham Sat 29 April KO 5.30pm.

Post by portugull »

In the final Match of the 2022/23 Season United entertain Wrexham who after 15 years in the NL are homeward bound to League 2 of the EFL.

I will not be surprised if they achieve back to back Promotions and reach League 1 for season 2024/25.

I hope Luke Young plays on Saturday and we give him a warm welcome. He must be in dreamland!

Well what will the score be on Saturday? We lost 6-0 at Wrexham but on the day they seemed to score with every shot. I will not even hazard a guess.

I just hope we give them a good game and no brain dead idiots attempt to spoil the occasion.

Well done Wrexham.
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Hope I'm wrong but got a feeling this could be toxic. The extra drinking time,sun, Bank Holiday, relegation/promotion could make a bad recipe. Hopefully, with promotion being settled not so many of them will travel. Old enough to remember Bournemouth v Leeds last game of the season many years ago. Does anyone know whether Boots is home fans only tomorrow? Stay safe.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

They’ll have more down here without tickets than with!
Friendly Wrexham fan
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Friendly Wrexham fan »

We're coming for a party, the atmosphere won't be toxic unless Torquay make it toxic.
The Wrexham fans in the away end are ALL ST holders, and no one wants to risk losing them for next season. The fans in the home end have bought tickets from Torquay fans.

It would be good if you stayed up, although I can't see it tbh.

Enjoy the weekend
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

How are Torquay going to make it Toxic?

You cant speak for all Wrexham fans obviously, particularly those who throw coins at opposing fans at your home games.

So you think its ok to have opposition fans in the home end? - thats a recipe for disaster for starters.

The vast majority of Torquay fans dont give a toss about this game anyway.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Friendly Wrexham fan wrote: 28 Apr 2023, 13:45 We're coming for a party, the atmosphere won't be toxic unless Torquay make it toxic.
The Wrexham fans in the away end are ALL ST holders, and no one wants to risk losing them for next season. The fans in the home end have bought tickets from Torquay fans.

It would be good if you stayed up, although I can't see it tbh.

Enjoy the weekend
"Might" have bought? Where else would they get them from???
......If they get spotted they won't be in the home end long......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Totally agree that the wrexham fans are coming for a celebratory party,hope we clap them onto the pitch, they deserve it, I hope we can rain on their parade during the match., however if it does turn toxic then It will be down to our one brain cell moron group who run down towards the away stand everytime some one scores against us, then all stand there and go well what do we do now. and a collective I dunno lets go back, the big boys in the away end may get us.
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

The mood between fans was soured somewhat by you throwing coins. Get your own end in check before you start mouthing off!
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

somersetgull wrote: 28 Apr 2023, 16:07 Buzzing for Taunton home and away on boxing day and new years next season hopefully.. Yeovil might stop that though.

Send Yeovil to Weston I say.
Weston will probably get Bath. If Weymouth best Dover on Saturday we may get them, however Truro are in the Southern League Premier South play off final.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

0-5
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Maidenhead 3 nil down- ohhh I say sir!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Better than the award you stuck with
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

somersetgull wrote: 29 Apr 2023, 18:21 Hilarious that some happy clappers still talk about staying up since October.. Kevgull you win happy clapper of the year award today
I’m an Odds man and 3 nil shortens those odds.
Agree it’s still 50/1 but I’m only making an observation not a prediction.

We need 11 dogs to gain a respite, not just the previous one.
If you know your history.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

OK thanks guys please take it to PM now...
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Let the dust settle on this horrendous avoidable season......Hoping for some positive Johnson news next week, hopefully sooner and we can all move forward from this utter shambles of a season......with someone new at the helm