Torquay United v Wrexham Sat 29 April KO 5.30pm.

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

His account has now been deactivated and all his posts removed. Time to get back to football talk.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Southampton Gull wrote: 29 Apr 2023, 20:02 His account has now been deactivated and all his posts removed. Time to get back to football talk.
Up the Gulls
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

Look on the bright side, we won't lose any more games this season.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Thought that was a great game and a credit to both teams and the league itself. The atmosphere was electric and the action was often end to end. The fact that we held the league champions and would have won but for one missed tackle when we were pressing for the second showed had good our all-round performance was and particularly the masterful goalkeeping of Halstead. So sad that poor performances earlier in the season left us with too big a mountain to climb.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Typical.... TYPICAL on the cheap, easy option, no real foresight, let's stick with what we know, GJ STAYS ON, I just cannot for the life of me get my head around what in the blue hell goes through people's minds sometimes, I'll tell you something for nothing, next season unless there HUGE changes, we won't piss the league at all, no way, it ain't happening, if ever there was a time to start the dawn of a new era, it was NOW, but typical TUFC easy option yet again, Edwards,Downes Johnson and his brother, cosy as you like...what a complete cop out, and still Johnson wants to blame officials, he never owns his shit does he?, We are down due to him, and him alone,Ake's a complete mockery of us all "judge me after 10 games" Gary, you had 46 games, and you took us down...that's says it all, and we reward that...
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 29 Apr 2023, 21:21 Typical.... TYPICAL on the cheap, easy option, no real foresight, let's stick with what we know, GJ STAYS ON, I just cannot for the life of me get my head around what in the blue hell goes through people's minds sometimes, I'll tell you something for nothing, next season unless there HUGE changes, we won't piss the league at all, no way, it ain't happening, if ever there was a time to start the dawn of a new era, it was NOW, but typical TUFC easy option yet again, Edwards,Downes Johnson and his brother, cosy as you like...what a complete cop out, and still Johnson wants to blame officials, he never owns his shit does he?, We are down due to him, and him alone,Ake's a complete mockery of us all "judge me after 10 games" Gary, you had 46 games, and you took us down...that's says it all, and we reward that...
Not suprised Mr Tea808........not at all forward thinking by the club when change is needed. Rewarded for his complete failure this season on every aspect............he will need a good start, or it will turn toxic very quickly, and I am sure the fans will turn on him.
I have no plans to renew my season ticket with this news, but will continue to support the club and select the games i attend home and away.
A huge own goal todays news in my opinion :@
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

wow what an interview

Gary confirms he is staying
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Modgull wrote: 29 Apr 2023, 21:19 Thought that was a great game and a credit to both teams and the league itself. The atmosphere was electric and the action was often end to end. The fact that we held the league champions and would have won but for one missed tackle when we were pressing for the second showed had good our all-round performance was and particularly the masterful goalkeeping of Halstead. So sad that poor performances earlier in the season left us with too big a mountain to climb.
Halstead was POTS for me and showed his quality again today, would love him to stay but cant blame him if he moves on
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 29 Apr 2023, 21:21 Typical.... TYPICAL on the cheap, easy option, no real foresight, let's stick with what we know, GJ STAYS ON, I just cannot for the life of me get my head around what in the blue hell goes through people's minds sometimes, I'll tell you something for nothing, next season unless there HUGE changes, we won't piss the league at all, no way, it ain't happening, if ever there was a time to start the dawn of a new era, it was NOW, but typical TUFC easy option yet again, Edwards,Downes Johnson and his brother, cosy as you like...what a complete cop out, and still Johnson wants to blame officials, he never owns his shit does he?, We are down due to him, and him alone,Ake's a complete mockery of us all "judge me after 10 games" Gary, you had 46 games, and you took us down...that's says it all, and we reward that...
I have to agree with this and I cannot understand the decision for him to stay. Keeping GJ is an acceptance of failure.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Well, we went down with all guns blazing and I'm still proudly wearing my TU shirt as I type this.

One little aside, hats off to their keeper Foster who took time out just before the second half started to allow youngsters from the Family Stand to take selfies with him. Well done that man.

I can't add any more as the pain is taking over.
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

DevonBee wrote: 29 Apr 2023, 21:35 Not suprised Mr Tea808........not at all forward thinking by the club when change is needed. Rewarded for his complete failure this season on every aspect............he will need a good start, or it will turn toxic very quickly, and I am sure the fans will turn on him.
I have no plans to renew my season ticket with this news, but will continue to support the club and select the games i attend home and away.
A huge own goal todays news in my opinion :@
Supporting the club by selecting games I assume when we're doing well? Would it not be better to find something else to do on a match if you're THAT unhappy?
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Good game. A draw was fair I think but we could have won and the impossible seven goal turn round even looked to be possible for a while.

Glad the atmosphere was good but no trouble in the ground and I haven’t heard of any in the town either. Vast majority who travelled from Wales didn’t look the type to cause trouble.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Lost for words. Such a jolly interview after relegation, and he’s rewarded with a new contract for our demise.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Quite unbelievable.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Admiral wrote: 29 Apr 2023, 22:42 Lost for words. Such a jolly interview after relegation, and he’s rewarded with a new contract for our demise.
This is the 8th relegation in our history, it also the 7th time we have retained the manager responsible for relegation and in each of the previous six occasions it didn't work out well.
Eric Webber (1962), Jack Edwards (1972), John Impey (1992), Leroy Rosenior (2005), Chris Hargreaves (2014) and Gary Owers (2018).