Players Under Contract

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Players Under Contract

Post by aggrey_25 »

Do we know who would be staying on for another year?
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

aggrey_25 wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 19:12 Do we know who would be staying on for another year?
Nobody knows for sure.

It's likely that Jarvis, McGavin and Hanson were given two year deals, given their age. I don't think Jarvis would've come all the way down for just 12 months; Hanson we paid a fee for (apparently); On McGavin that's just a vibe I get.

It's possible that Marshall was on 2 years, and Dylan Crowe, although not certain.

Assume that all 5 of these are under contract; I could see us getting offers for Jarvis, and we'd probably take them given the relegation, athlough I'd love us to keep him. Nobody is going to be queuing up to sign the other 4, although I think Hanson and Crowe could still turn it around. Marshall I suspect has played his last game for us (not trusted even above Ali Omar to be a sub in the past few games) and McGavin would need to improve significantly to be a starter assuming we find a functioning midfield in the summer.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

Moxey and hall to hang up boots?
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

aggrey_25 wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 19:34 Moxey and hall to hang up boots?
Depends. I think Hall has demonstrated in the past few weeks that he still has something to offer, and one last hurrah in NLS might suit him down to the ground. We'd have to accept that he's not going to play 40 games, mind. Similar with Moxey - I obviously don't know his financial situation but you'd hazard a guess that if he wanted to retire last season he probably could have. If I was the manager I'd offer them a year's contract once more - at the very least people like Dan Martin, Dylan Crowe, Ryan Hanson etc should be able to pick up something from them.

it all depends on whether they feel they have the energy to commit to another 12 months' slog. They've both done enough in the past few weeks to suggest that they're up for a fight, even if the bodies might be starting to slow down
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Hall as a player-coach perhaps? Can't do worse than we've already got.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Hall is a great player but there is no value in a player that can play 10 games in a season.

Hanson? on what grounds would you say hes better than Mcgavin. A tortoise would give either of them a run for their money. The only difference between the two players is that Mcgavin does possess some skill.

As for Hanson? well I'm not sure what his attributes are because hes shown bugger all.

And anyone who thinks that Jarvis is going to be hanging around playing the likes of Taunton is in dreamland.
numbersderkgull
Trialist
Trialist
Watches from: Pop side

Post by numbersderkgull »

Jarvis got 15 gols at a relegated club, lone of the playoff failure (Chesterfield, Woking) will pick him up I imagine.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

brucie wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 22:27 Hall is a great player but there is no value in a player that can play 10 games in a season.

Hanson? on what grounds would you say hes better than Mcgavin. A tortoise would give either of them a run for their money. The only difference between the two players is that Mcgavin does possess some skill.

As for Hanson? well I'm not sure what his attributes are because hes shown bugger all.

And anyone who thinks that Jarvis is going to be hanging around playing the likes of Taunton is in dreamland.
I too thought Hall had played a low number of games this season - according to the fans stats page - https://www.torquayfanstats.com/season202223

hes at 24 starts and 9 further sub apperances and is our 2nd top goal scorer on 9 goals

However, i think hes struggled with his mobility, I think he could do a final year in the NLS but he needs to be consistent in his appearances otherwise it wont be worth the budget

I'd certainly keep Moxey, Halstead, Jarvis, Donellan, Dawson. I'd invite Dan Martin for preseason to see if we can get him back up and running, think we would need to give Moyse a go too
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Just looked at the fans stats for the season, who ever compliled it ,a great bit of work,I think it says everything about the chaotic management of the side during this season that we used 39 players either on contract or loan, we were until last week an average NL side , but come on, 39 players and that did not include the contracted players out on loan such as moyse, I think there is another at Willand and one at bideford whose names will forever go down in torquay folklore.Is it any wonder there was never any money in the pot to bring in some decent players.
According to transfer market.co uk the bulk of our players are out of contract at end of may, beginning of June this year with the exception,wyatt, jarvis and hanson(2024) and by some wonderous piece of business by his agent we are saddled with Mcgavin until 2025.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

culmstockgull wrote: 25 Apr 2023, 09:43 Just looked at the fans stats for the season, who ever compliled it ,a great bit of work,I think it says everything about the chaotic management of the side during this season that we used 39 players either on contract or loan, we were until last week an average NL side , but come on, 39 players and that did not include the contracted players out on loan such as moyse, I think there is another at Willand and one at bideford whose names will forever go down in torquay folklore.Is it any wonder there was never any money in the pot to bring in some decent players.
According to transfer market.co uk the bulk of our players are out of contract at end of may, beginning of June this year with the exception,wyatt, jarvis and hanson(2024) and by some wonderous piece of business by his agent we are saddled with Mcgavin until 2025.
I said this about McGavin contract a while back on here 2025 is an absolute joke.

Hanson, Marshall, McGavin, Wyatt, Crowe, Omar, should be nowhere near this club, they are stealing a living and not even good enough for NLS. A complete clear out is required including the Management. We want Winners not a soft underbellies bunch of losers.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

I agree with the comments, we have some players we'd like to stay, that will leave, and some we'd like to leave, who will stay.
I also understand why longer contract were given. To entice people to move here, they would want that stability of a long contract. The club has seen our better players leave for nothing and this was a way to hopefully get a decent amount if we sold any down the line

Obviously it's all gone wrong.

You can see why they took a chance, wasn't he captain last year and obviously seen as a future captain for us.

Like I say, we've done it all wrong, but you can understand why they took the calculated gamble.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

100% agree with DevonBee, all those stated need to leave, along with Shaun Donnellan who needs to go, it's a sad state of affairs when loanee such as Ness, Ellis, and Lawrence are joining the club at various stages of the season and playing ahead of Wyatt, Marshall and Omar, how Ali Omar got a deal for this season is a complete mystery, don't get me wrong, he's probably a lovely guy, but very error prone, and sadly not reliable, but he's one of about 10 or 12 that no longer should be on the books for 23/24, I'm actually looking forward to it, a chance to re set, dawn of a new era, and looking forwards, what's happened has happened, need to keep positive and respond next season.
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

So if Jarvis, Dawson and Frank said "We'll stay if GJ stays!" How many would keep with GJ?

I would anyhow, but how many others?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 25 Apr 2023, 11:50 100% agree with DevonBee, all those stated need to leave, along with Shaun Donnellan who needs to go, it's a sad state of affairs when loanee such as Ness, Ellis, and Lawrence are joining the club at various stages of the season and playing ahead of Wyatt, Marshall and Omar, how Ali Omar got a deal for this season is a complete mystery, don't get me wrong, he's probably a lovely guy, but very error prone, and sadly not reliable, but he's one of about 10 or 12 that no longer should be on the books for 23/24, I'm actually looking forward to it, a chance to re set, dawn of a new era, and looking forwards, what's happened has happened, need to keep positive and respond next season.
What have posters got against him?
When he's been played in one constant position, he's been one of our better performers.......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Omar is young and inexperienced. Hes a big strong unit. Bearing in mind where we are playing next year I'd consider keeping him. Donnellan is ok ish but i'm not sure what his best position is. Like most of the players you probably wouldnt be bothered if they stayed or went. The problem is you cant release every player - you'd have to find 18 players that are better than what we have already. You may say that wouldnt be hard but what sort of calibre players we would attract god only knows seeing as we are now in the mickey mouse league.

Toastkid - please stop talking nonsense, thats completely ludicrous and isnt going to happen