Altrincham v Torquay United, 3pm, Saturday 22nd April 2023

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

What a great statement from Yeovil Town’s Director Stuart Robin’s, what will we Get from Torquay united silence.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

I'm not on the wind-up, or been drinking early, but IF we were to beat Wrexham 2-0 or 3-0, could Wearne and TUFC old boy Mike Williamson fire up Gateshead to go and win 4 or 5 nill?, They recently stuck 5 on Eastleigh, it's so many fine margins in nearly every game we've played, those 4 goals against Vs Chesterfield look costly, but without repeating myself it's ultimately what we do over the course of the season.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

We're not going to win 2 or 3 nil. Even a half asleep Wrexham can just wait to catch us on the counter and beat us 2 or 3 nil. Even if we were to get an early goal, they'll wake up and still beat us 1 - 3 or by more. The last 10 minutes if we're really pushing, I hate to think how many we may concede.
As for the other game, they may well lose but imagine they know they still have work to do to be totally safe and will play accordingly.
I'll still be at Plainmoor, I'm sure it'll be a horrid couple of hours for Torquay fans having to witness another teams promotion celebrations as we're relegated. I can't imagine walking into or from the ground will be much fun either.

So many wasted points this season, we should have been mid table.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Jpr , what's a director, do we have any of them, can we get one on a free in time for next season.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 23 Apr 2023, 09:36 I'm not on the wind-up, or been drinking early, but IF we were to beat Wrexham 2-0 or 3-0, could Wearne and TUFC old boy Mike Williamson fire up Gateshead to go and win 4 or 5 nill?, They recently stuck 5 on Eastleigh, it's so many fine margins in nearly every game we've played, those 4 goals against Vs Chesterfield look costly, but without repeating myself it's ultimately what we do over the course of the season.
Let's be honest, Maidenhead will just go to Gateshead and park the Bus. There will be no goal feast and they wont care if they lose by the odd goal.
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

If Torquay United does get relegated then every sympathy should be accorded to its loyal fan base and to those players, admittedly not many, who have put in a decent shift this season.

There should be no sympathy or support for an owner who has as much knowledge of and interest in football as I have in medieval architecture. The same goes for a manager and alleged scout who couldn't recruit a Catholic in the Vatican. And let's not forget the absolute dross for whom the term professional footballer is an oxymoron.

Finally, and I hope to be proved wrong, I have doubts as to whether Torquay United would return to the National League at the first attempt unless there are radical changes made throughout the club.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Chelston TUFC wrote: 23 Apr 2023, 06:18 Clumsy at best and a shame after scoring 2 good goals
True, and not to blame for the overal way the season has ended has scored some very important goals

But yeah, the other player is barely controlling the ball, i doubt hes going to rifle that in - highlights the individual errors over the season that culminated in relegation
eddie6817
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by eddie6817 »

By my calculation we dropped points in 8 games this season as the result of losing or drawing by the odd goal in the last 5 mins of regular plus stoppage time.
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Let's just hope someone has mistermenerd and thahe get thrown out of the league. I believe it can happen 🙏
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

GULL 67 wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 08:59 Let's just hope someone has mistermenerd and thahe get thrown out of the league. I believe it can happen 🙏
More chance of us beating Wrexham 6-0.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

I wonder how they will divide the relegated clubs up into the National Leagues North and South. Scunthorpe will obviously go straight into the NLN, but one of Torquay, Yeovil and Maidstone will also have to join them 'up North'!
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

budegull1954 wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 17:25 I wonder how they will divide the relegated clubs up into the National Leagues North and South. Scunthorpe will obviously go straight into the NLN, but one of Torquay, Yeovil and Maidstone will also have to join them 'up North'!
Torquay, Yeovil and Maidstone will All play in the NLS next season

The League will decide who plays where. Currently Gloucester play in the NLN and a team closest to the Midlands may be moved.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

There's probably a very good case for NL Midland, as there's probably 10 current NLN teams that are in and around midland area of the UK, I think if Oxford City fail to go up (currently in South) they'd be asked to go into NL North along with Gloucester and Hereford!!, there's to much of an imbalance in the North/South,
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

North Curry House wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 18:08 Torquay, Yeovil and Maidstone will All play in the NLS next season

The League will decide who plays where. Currently Gloucester play in the NLN and a team closest to the Midlands may be moved.
Gloucester are a yo-yo team when it’s comes to this
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 18:09 There's probably a very good case for NL Midland, as there's probably 10 current NLN teams that are in and around midland area of the UK, I think if Oxford City fail to go up (currently in South) they'd be asked to go into NL North along with Gloucester and Hereford!!, there's to much of an imbalance in the North/South,
Won't happen. The FA who run the National League System want it to be symmetrical. So two divisions feed the National League Premier, four divisions feed the NLN and NLS and so on.