Torquay Utd v York City - Sat 15th April 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Torquay Utd v York City - Sat 15th April 3pm

Post by Admiral »

This game is now bigger than the last, and the one before that.

4 wins on the spin, unthinkable two weeks ago. Will we get 4000 through the gates for our penultimate home game? York have sold a few too considering the distance.

It’s a massive game, York may be on 49 points but if we can beat them we could go 3 points behind them with a (tricky) game in hand.

4-2 Gulls
4003 (370 away)
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

I'll not tempt fate with a score prediction. It's interesting to note that we've started to be treated as bookies factories l favourites in matches now. Unheard of a few weeks ago.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Nothing personal but hope Mark Ellis has a bad day at the office ! He'll know he's been in a game anyway against Frank and Aaron.
Noddy_YCFC
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Noddy_YCFC »

No idea how we'll play on Saturday we've been consistently inconsistent all season but for us anything other than defeat would do.

Ellis has been a revelation for us in defence a real no nonsense player happy to get stuck in so I'd expect another good performance from him.

The only thing guaranteed is our support, I believe we've around 50 tickets left to sell from the two blocks you gave us (no terrace option again thanks...)

Roll on Saturday
Haxbyred
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Haxbyred »

I personally reckon 500-600 York will travel this weekend, lot pencilled this fixture at the beginning of the season, for a weekender.

Bringing back my first Torquay weekender, when both sides needed points to stay up. City managed to stay up from a last minute Graham Potter direct corner goal. To ensure safety for York
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Absolutely massive game and nothing but a win will do. Couldn't care less if it's one of the most boring games of the season, as long as we win it... a deflected off-target free-kick that rolls in off the keeper's arse in the 97th minute should do it.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Noddy_YCFC wrote: 13 Apr 2023, 08:34 No idea how we'll play on Saturday we've been consistently inconsistent all season but for us anything other than defeat would do.

Ellis has been a revelation for us in defence a real no nonsense player happy to get stuck in so I'd expect another good performance from him.

The only thing guaranteed is our support, I believe we've around 50 tickets left to sell from the two blocks you gave us (no terrace option again thanks...)

Roll on Saturday
see your own social media!

https://x.com/YorkCityFC/status/1646456957702754309
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Noddy_YCFC wrote: 13 Apr 2023, 08:34 No idea how we'll play on Saturday we've been consistently inconsistent all season but for us anything other than defeat would do.

Looking forward to this. Ill actually be there (I live abroad).

When Ellis was on loan earlier this season, he actually played ok - but we were still losing games, and that's not ideal. Somewhat comedy own goal in the cup game with Derby was just unfortunate though.

I did wonder if York would come down with the intention to play for the point. We obviously need a win, but we've been pretty patient of late. keeping things tight is not something this side has been great all year, so maybe it's been a deliberate strategy.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

We simply have to win again! One game at a time. COYY!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Ellis is a good pro but I'm not sure he played well when he was here on loan - I would say he was more of a liability. I mean compare him to Lawrence.

If you think Ellis is defending well watch the goals v Halifax last week especially the third one.

I would think that we would be looking to get the ball up to Nouble and Jarvis quickly tomorrow - if Nouble gets control of it we could well get some joy against Ellis.
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

One t in abbot zumer
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

One t in abbot zumer
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

If we play long ball, Ellis will win most of them, he still had the timing and positioning that comes from experience. If we play quickly, to feet or for ours to hold up the ball, then we'll see his limitations.
It will be a little strange to see him playing against us so soon after playing for us. Cortie Andrews had a point to prove when he returned, but Ellis doesn't.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

somersetgull wrote: 14 Apr 2023, 16:49 Ellis played well..Open your eyes.blind.leading the blind.

Can't get a game for Newton Abbott Spurs.

He isn't what we need in the South next season.
Good to see that t'internet is back up in Somerset....... :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

somersetgull wrote: 14 Apr 2023, 16:49 Ellis played well..Open your eyes.blind.leading the blind.

Can't get a game for Newton Abbott Spurs.

He isn't what we need in the South next season.
What's the point of you? Take a banner tomorrow so we can all see you at the game and expose you for the maudlin whinger you truly are. Useless individual.