Maidenhead v Torquay Utd - BH Mon 10th April 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

Another excellent result for the Gulls. I'm sure the supporters are beginning to believe that the great escape could be on. I'm not the superstitious type, but I do note the correlation between me logging back in to this blog after an extended absence and the Gulls' recent upturn in form. Long may it continue.

Ray
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Wow
4 wins in 4! Honestly hands up if any of you saw that coming?
I said all along since Dorking we were doomed and down.
I might have to eat humble pie...
I am so shell shocked 4 wins in a row...... It really is a funny old game and never a dull moment supporting Torquay.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Minneapolisgull wrote: 10 Apr 2023, 19:23 Wow
4 wins in 4! Honestly hands up if any of you saw that coming?
I said all along since Dorking we were doomed and down.
I might have to eat humble pie...
I am so shell shocked 4 wins in a row...... It really is a funny old game and never a dull moment supporting Torquay.
Southampton Gull wrote: 18 Feb 2023, 20:55 Personally speaking I always had faith that GJ would come up trumps with a re jig of personnel. Long way to go but there are signs we're improving and the best bit is today's results pulls in almost everyone from Aldershot down (games played for them)............

😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
sevilla99
New Signing
New Signing

Post by sevilla99 »

Really pleased for Gary and the boys- silencing their many critics -[ for a few days at least and hopefully for many more ]

So important now to get fully behind them all after this brilliant four match run- we have a chance to avoid relegation.

I very much hope that the current form can be maintained, that other results go our way and we get that little slice of luck which can make all the difference
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

4 wins in 4 is fantastic, but it's taken GJ 38 games to basically figure out what most fans realised all along, fair play to him and the team, brilliant response these last 4 games, but GJ is one of the reasons why we're in this mess, his recruitment in the summer was shocking, it's a settled team now, just hope it's not all to late, York at home is monumental.
Stoneybroke
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stoneybroke »

Just to point out....these last Four results have come about do to the absence of MaGavin and Marshall . Just hope and pray we won't see them near the the line up again
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Mr Tea808 wrote: 10 Apr 2023, 19:45 4 wins in 4 is fantastic, but it's taken GJ 38 games to basically figure out what most fans realised all along, fair play to him and the team, brilliant response these last 4 games, but GJ is one of the reasons why we're in this mess, his recruitment in the summer was shocking, it's a settled team now, just hope it's not all to late, York at home is monumental.
If only Aldershot were catchable 😉
Dave

Samtq4t
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Samtq4t »

Sir Gary Johnson! Had this team from the beginning we would be in the playoffs
eddie6817
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by eddie6817 »

Both York and Aldershot are in our sights now there match between the two coming up very soon is also crucial a draw between them is probably the best outcome for our chances and we do have a game in hand on York it appears. All bets off if we screw up against York but hope is eternal.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Southampton Gull, I was civil in my response to you the other week, but go troll someone else pal, unless you're mistic meg, nobody saw Gulls winning 4 on the spin, nobody, and don't pretend you did, we've given ourselves a super chance, but it's still not in our hands, York and Chesterfield are gigantic,
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 10 Apr 2023, 20:11 we've given ourselves a super chance, but it's still not in our hands, York and Chesterfield are gigantic,
I actually beleive it is now in our hands. If we win the last 4 games, we stay up.

York will have lost to us (obviously) and as Aldershot also have to play york, they can't both get 3 points there.

Permutations; assuming we win all 4:

York beat aldershot: Us = 55 points, York max = 55, Aldershot max = 54
Aldershot beat York: Us = 55 points, York max = 52, Aldershot max = 57
York/Aldershot draw: Us = 55 points, York max = 53, Aldershot max = 55

In all of these cases, winning 4 out 4 puts us above one of these sides.

Ok, so winning all 4 is very tall order, but we do at least know what we need to do to guarantee safety.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Mr Tea808 wrote: 10 Apr 2023, 20:11 Southampton Gull, I was civil in my response to you the other week, but go troll someone else pal, unless you're mistic meg, nobody saw Gulls winning 4 on the spin, nobody, and don't pretend you did, we've given ourselves a super chance, but it's still not in our hands, York and Chesterfield are gigantic,
Am I not being civil or is it that your remarks are coming back to bite your backside? Sense of humour loss perhaps?
Mr Tea808 wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 10:22 Aldershot 100% are or will be safe from relagation, why fans think they'll get dragged into things is a weird one, I think Maidstone look likely to drop, then for me it's any 3 from 7 possibly 8 max, put it this way, if we were in Aldershot as position now, I think we'd feel safe
I entered my thoughts from the same time above, they show that unlike you I had faith the Manager would improve the team but realistically said it was early days.
Dave

desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I think I'd settle for having to beat already Champions Wrexham on the last day (not impossible if Halifax can do it) and hoping Aldershot draw or lose to Altrincham
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Southampton Gull wrote: 10 Apr 2023, 20:40 Am I not being civil or is it that your remarks are coming back to bite your backside? Sense of humour loss perhaps?

I entered my thoughts from the same time above, they show that unlike you I had faith the Manager would improve the team but realistically said it was early days.
What a load of tosh Southampton Gull. Torquay's dramatic turn around is not down to Gary Johnson, no he f***** up and it's only down to uncle Clarke who splashed the cash in January that will be the reason IF we survive this season. This again proves Osborne's commitment to the club.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Splashed the cash? Have you seen where Gary Johnson plucked these players from? We're now in with a chance in spite of Uncle Clarke, not because he splashed anything.

You did give me a chuckle though. Glad your internet is back up ;)
Dave