Gateshead v Torquay United - 18th March 2023

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Alright, cool your jets.....
Maybe "given" was the wrong word....
"Offered" would be more appropriate - and as a group of I think seven mugs - sorry fans - we were happy to accept at the time......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

sevilla99 wrote: 19 Mar 2023, 20:47 Where is your evidence for Garry Johnson's "lack of honesty and integrity". You have consistently made ill conceived and inaccurate comments about Garry on this forum throughout the season. Do you not understand that he has a battle on his hands with a relatively low playing budget as compared to other clubs in the National League and is swimming against the tide when it comes to attracting players to the club because of it's geographical position? I, for one, have tremendous respect for Gary as a manager and as an individual. He and the team will continue to have my whole hearted support as they endeavour to retrieve the situation. As I have done for many years, I will continue to attend matches at Plainmoor with a positive attitude in the knowledge that the current managerial and scouting team have the ability to eventually lead the club back to the Football League.
All due respect sevilla69, I think it's totally unfair to come and accuse culmstockgull of making inaccurate posts with out providing factual evidence yourself proving the poster named has done so.

You tell us ' he has a battle on his hands with a relatively low playing budget as compared to other clubs in the National League ' where your evidence ? where's your proof ? Anyone can do that. so as you clearly know what our clubs budget is, and how compares to other clubs, come back and link some evidence.

Then tell us, what wages Asa Hall, Dean Moxey and Tom Lapslie are on, tell us how much of a fee our club paid for Ryan Hanson ;

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dover/spor ... ts-269559/

The 21-year-old has joined National League side Torquay for an undisclosed fee, subject to FA approval, having captained Whites last season after defender Sam Wood left.

Then tell us how much Peter Johnson is on, because when you have limited resources, that's when your scout earns his corn, unearthing little gems, because from the outside looking in, it appears to me, our esteemed scout has scouting the sum total of nothing.

There's is evidence that our budget wasn't that small compared to sum. Lets see what response I get, because unless you can back up your claim, your post becomes opinion and conjecture, and has no greater credibility than anyone else's.
Formerly known as forevertufc
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

sevilla99 wrote: I will continue to attend matches at Plainmoor with a positive attitude in the knowledge that the current managerial and scouting team have the ability to eventually lead the club back to the Football League.

When I read the above comment I thought that I must have slept through the final 11 days of March and woken up on 1 April.

The current managerial and scouting team (is there a scouting team?) is, in my humble opinion, leading the club into oblivion.
The deluder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by The deluder »

North Curry House wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 14:27 I would not allow the Club to dictate to me. If I wanted to sponsor a player of my choice and I was given "anyone", I would not pay up, simple as that.

The Club tried to dictate about the restaurant with inferior meal options at an increased price....result, we have not eaten there since pre COVID and I know of at least twenty people who eat there every match but now contribute ZERO. Maybe with carvery on the menu again, we may reconsider...but NOT at £30 or £36 for non ST holders.

And who wants three courses ? Go back to one, two or three courses and charge realistic prices. I would suggest £18 for one course, £22 for two and £25 for three courses, with a £2 meal supplement for non ST holders. It use to be excellent and packed out EVERY match.

We use to be part of a box but do not bother now because despite again paying inflated prices, we are not allowed to bring guest into the box...even though we have paid for extra tickets.....result the Club has lost more revenue. We are treated with comtent, NO ONE listens.
Pleased to
hear that you are "content" with something.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Sevilla 99 just read your post, sorry for getting you riled up, I have friends around the country and they say they watch the johnson post match reports purely for their comedy content, no accuracy , just a pre prepared ramble depending on the result, the ref or the pitch, or this week half the team unfit or sick. If that is not damaging the club I do not know what is.
Regardless of budget, geography and all the ills that affect us but seemingly no one else Johnson if he was still up to the job would have put together a team capable of surviving in this league.
Odd that you four of your five posts withn 28 days of joining last october coincided with the first johnson out theme, obviously the games between october and this week met your high expectations. Or perhaps you are another of the ghost posters who come and go on this forum then appear a few months later under a new name.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

cant believe we paid a fee for Hanson hahahaha
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

The deluder wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 21:03 Pleased to
hear that you are "content" with something.
I thought he was going for 'contempt' which is funny seeing it is spelt incorrectly.....
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

aggrey_25 wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 08:37 cant believe we paid a fee for Hanson hahahaha
It's fine saying that *now* when he's had a very poor season, but if you bear in mind that he was captain at Dover last season (at a very young age), and had put in many man-of-the-match performances, a fee was arguably warranted if he wanted him. We also don't know who else was in for him.

I will continue to maintain that the guys we brought in pre-season mostly looked like they could do a job. That they mostly have not is a concern, obviously. It wasn't like the year before when we signed Keelan O'Connell, Gabby Rodgers, Ali Omar,Dan Holman, etc.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I totally agree with that post :goodpost:

When they were signed fans seemed very supportive and were actually congratulating the manager on the signings. Unfortunately when they got on the pitch v Oldham it became apparent they had not adjusted to the guile ( and even the pace) required at even the National League. They still seem to struggle with that now seven months on.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

somersetgull wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 16:54 Wow welcome to 2023 where everything has gone up.

You expect the same meal.for the same.orice as it was 4 years ago?

Blimey. Do you rant about everything? For no reason..you voted Brexit?

So there you go.

Yet not 1 rant about the team management or recruitment.

Happy clap us to Southern League while demanding food prices are reduced. Just wow wow and unbelievable wow.
There's only you doing that and with great glee.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

somersetgull wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 16:54 Wow welcome to 2023 where everything has gone up.

You expect the same meal.for the same.orice as it was 4 years ago?

Blimey. Do you rant about everything? For no reason..you voted Brexit?

So there you go.

Yet not 1 rant about the team management or recruitment.

Happy clap us to Southern League while demanding food prices are reduced. Just wow wow and unbelievable wow.
Is it the Southern league, two leagues below, the Southern League South (three below) or the NLS (one below)?? It seems to change every time you post. As long as we go down though eh? At least then you can see what league it will actually be.