Torquay United v Wealdstone - 11th March

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Torquay United v Wealdstone - 11th March

Post by Midlandgull »

Wealdstone are up next then folks, thoughts?

If Jarvis is available that would be a boost. I had the pleasure to chat with Asa before the Solihull game and he said he is close to a return and he is really trying hard to be available. We need everyone available and if possible we really could do with dipping into the transfer market.

Half our problem is a lack of options to mix up our formation and change a game plan. A wide player wouldn't go a miss. Hopeful that Dawson and a returning Asa can be a big boost in central midfield.

I'll keep believing and backing the team, let's get the 3 points!
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Midlandgull wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 15:59 Wealdstone are up next then folks, thoughts?

If Jarvis is available that would be a boost. I had the pleasure to chat with Asa before the Solihull game and he said he is close to a return and he is really trying hard to be available. We need everyone available and if possible we really could do with dipping into the transfer market.

Half our problem is a lack of options to mix up our formation and change a game plan. A wide player wouldn't go a miss. Hopeful that Dawson and a returning Asa can be a big boost in central midfield.

I'll keep believing and backing the team, let's get the 3 points!
Ill be there and will support the team for the 90mins, any other views can be expressed at FT

although i disagree RE Hall, how long has he been out for now? He will be extremely match unfit and was way off the pace even when playing this term. I seriously doubt the view that his return will help our midfield. I think getting Dawson 100% fit will be more important, from what i saw on of the Solihull game he put himself about a bit
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Midlandgull »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 16:48 Ill be there and will support the team for the 90mins, any other views can be expressed at FT

although i disagree RE Hall, how long has he been out for now? He will be extremely match unfit and was way off the pace even when playing this term. I seriously doubt the view that his return will help our midfield. I think getting Dawson 100% fit will be more important, from what i saw on of the Solihull game he put himself about a bit
Agree with your sentiment about supporting the team!

I think Asa's last game was v Halifax on Jan 7th, when he got the winner. I'd say he might be in a similar position to Dawson regaining full fitness. The things I really like about Asa are his leadership skills, aerial ability, reading of the game, and an eye for goal. I think we all know he can't move about like he used to but he still offers a lot when fit for me.
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

Midland....well said!
Back the team, back the club!

Let's be honest, it's never dull!

If we go down, we'll still watch the gulls!
If we stay up, we'll still watch the gulls!
If we went up, we'd still watch the gulls!

Sowe may as well back them, and enjoy the ride!
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

Another massive must win game. How many times have we said another 6 pointer, to be disappointed come 5pm.
I live in Hope that we can cut out this truly crap schoolboy defending and that work has been done to rectify this on the training ground this week.
I wish for the return of our club captain even for a 45 minute cameo. A Hall, Dawson , Lapslie midfield might just add some spine to the middle of the park.
A Moxey return would be a bonus.
That would give us half a chance , leaving out the spineless and soft underbellies who are stealing a living from our once
Proud club.
I am ready to welcome Andrew’s back 🤔 another Marquee who was an embarrassment to our club. No doubt quicker, fitter, and keener than he was here.
No doubt he will score today, it always happens…. Just hope somebody can rough him up and put him on his arse early.
He is use to that, as he spent most of his time on it for us or in the treatment room.
I’m ready for today…..Hope Johnson has them up for it or I fear it is going to turn mighty toxic
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its going to turn toxic today for sure. Another defeat and its going to be a poisonous atmosphere.

Its all very well saying support the club and I would agree that getting on the players backs is counter productive during the game. However with the fans being treated with contempt by those in charge of the club noone could be blamed for making their feelings known.

Unfortunately we havnt got time to get Dawson and Hall fit. We are facing a team who have momentum. On the other hand we cant buy a win - the players confidence is shot to pieces, we will likely have fullbacks and centre halves on the bench with no offensive players.

Add that to Andrews returning - a striker who was useless when he was here but has started scoring as soon as he leaves and we all know what is likely to happen.

With Wealdstone being in excess of 20 points ahead of us in the table its a savage indictment of the team that Johnson has produced this year.
Stoneybroke
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stoneybroke »

Well here we go again!!
Another home game for the yellow army. Unfortunately just can't see where we can get a win from with this bunch. Except for Tom Lapslie Nico Lawrence and may be Mark Halstead, and new man Kevin Dawson the rest are questionable to be included as 'footballers'.
If we don't see Jarvis Hall and Moxey returning it's gonna be a long afternoon for our faithful supporters. It will be interesting to see how many actually turn up.
No doubt Andrews will find the back of the net for Wealdstone, something he was unable to do for us.
Will probably have the same lame questions and answers from 'The Gaffer ' after the match,it's actually embarrassing to watch.
Anyway 4 more home games to endure after today, including the mighty Wrexham on 29th April. May well be all over by then !!!
Has anyone seen the Fat Lady yet ??
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Who was the comedian on here a few months ago who said 'it was too early to mention a 6 pointer ' Whoever it was I would welcome your thoughts now . Hopeful of a change in fortune today, it will be interesting to see if the walking wounded are in the starting X1. or anywhere near it.
Hall was 2 weeks away, was it a month ago ?
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Andrew’s looking sharper , fitter and showing more enthusiasm in the warm up than he did in his sorry time here🙄
Even his Kim Kardashian looking trimmer 🍑
Mind u he spent most of his time sat on it here
Stoneybroke
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stoneybroke »

Was thinking of going to Plainmoor this afternoon but have changed my mind

Going instead Sunday 19th when Steve Elswood's band wagon rocks up at Plainmoor, probably the better footballing occasion. Gary could send some of his bunch along to see how to pass ,cross ,defend and most of all find the net.

See you there ??
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Stoneybroke wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 10:29 Well here we go again!!
Another home game for the yellow army. Unfortunately just can't see where we can get a win from with this bunch. Except for Tom Lapslie Nico Lawrence and may be Mark Halstead, and new man Kevin Dawson the rest are questionable to be included as 'footballers'.
If we don't see Jarvis Hall and Moxey returning it's gonna be a long afternoon for our faithful supporters. It will be interesting to see how many actually turn up.
No doubt Andrews will find the back of the net for Wealdstone, something he was unable to do for us.
Will probably have the same lame questions and answers from 'The Gaffer ' after the match,it's actually embarrassing to watch.
Anyway 4 more home games to endure after today, including the mighty Wrexham on 29th April. May well be all over by then !!!
Has anyone seen the Fat Lady yet ??
The fat lady was singing loudly in my ear after the Dorking defeat!
I accepted our fate then.
Devon live did not even do a podcast this week! Things are miserable
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

Stoneybroke wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 14:39 Was thinking of going to Plainmoor this afternoon but have changed my mind

Going instead Sunday 19th when Steve Elswood's band wagon rocks up at Plainmoor, probably the better footballing occasion. Gary could send some of his bunch along to see how to pass ,cross ,defend and most of all find the net.

See you there ??
No loss here then
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Midlandgull »

Lapslie red oh dear
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Midlandgull are you still believing?

Two footed tackle - completely brainless. Straight red and a 3 match ban.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Midlandgull »

Going to be tough with 10 men