Torquay United v Wealdstone - 11th March

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

1-2 down. FT
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

How many points have we lost in "Gary time" FFS.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Double clearance off the line - you couldnt make it up really.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 16:13 Another sh*t ref then?
Typical that we get them....
Quite rightly imo that decision was wrong, haven't blamed the result of anything else in that post

I'll call out the crap post when someone's not at the game
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Damn ref is at fault again. Thats the 30th this season its been the refs fault. Moron :lol:
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

somersetgull wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 17:17 Corie Andrews. A player capable of playing football at this level and we had to release him. WAS 10 times better than anything we have.

Was he released not good enough??

Was he released to be nearer his London home?

We will never be capable of having someone like him again whatever the reason.

Our location to blame??

Won't matter anyway now. Where do we get players from if hopefully we go part time next season??

How can we compete in the South??

Another overhaul and hopefully new management team watching the best of Southern League South and below keep us up in the South next year.

Laughable today. No
Johnson’s clearly a right prick to work for!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I was at Plainmoor so I did see the game and I have to say I was proud of the team as they fought like tigers to get a result after a 7th minute Red Card for Tom Lapslie.

The crowd was right behind the team throughout and at the end of the game.

Notable performances from Halstead, Dawson, Lawrence,Marshall and Evans for a very good goal from distance. Jarvis also worked his socks off.

I would like to see the tackle from Lapslie for the Red Card on the Highlights because a player and the ref obscured my view but the Red Card undoubtedly cost us the match.

Good to see Asa Hall for about 15 minutes but yet another Home defeat is gutting. Looking really bleak now.
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

portugull wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 18:49 I was at Plainmoor so I did see the game and I have to say I was proud of the team as they fought like tigers to get a result after a 7th minute Red Card for Tom Lapslie.

The crowd was right behind the team throughout and at the end of the game.

Notable performances from Halstead, Dawson, Lawrence,Marshall and Evans for a very good goal from distance. Jarvis also worked his socks off.

I would like to see the tackle from Lapslie for the Red Card on the Highlights because a player and the ref obscured my view but the Red Card undoubtedly cost us the match.

Good to see Asa Hall for about 15 minutes but yet another Home defeat is gutting. Looking really bleak now.
Don’t want to be the odd voice in the crowd I thought it was probably red with the view that I had. Studs straight into the shin, no contact with the ball. It doesn’t matter what stage of the game it happens and you can’t ignore it just because it happened early. Sorry….
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

Somerset Gull, you are quite tiresome. Gotta dislike a 'I told you so character', someone who needs to prove they're right no matter the cost or time they need to wait to say it.
Corrie Andrews was overweight and unfit, he fell over numerous times a game and just didn't fit into the Johnson mould. There's undoubtably a good footballer in there, but wrong time and wrong manager in charge for us.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

Yep a red card for me, a stupid and reckless challenge on a slippery surface. He has to get in right every time and today he didn't.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Taelee73 wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 18:56 Somerset Gull, you are quite tiresome. Gotta dislike a 'I told you so character', someone who needs to prove they're right no matter the cost or time they need to wait to say it.
Corrie Andrews was overweight and unfit, he fell over numerous times a game and just didn't fit into the Johnson mould. There's undoubtably a good footballer in there, but wrong time and wrong manager in charge for us.
The Corrie Andrews we saw today was lean and quick. Certainly looked a much better player than he did for us. Didn’t end well though for him after getting hurt by Halstead kicking the ball at him.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Anyone out there still thinks we have any chance of staying up!
If yes please enlighten me and cheer me up! Would love to hear how
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

hector wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 19:01 The Corrie Andrews we saw today was lean and quick. Certainly looked a much better player than he did for us. Didn’t end well though for him after getting hurt by Halstead kicking the ball at him.
“Lean and quick” speaks volumes about the management of our club. It was evident he had ability, has with other strikers who have left us and gone on to score goals.

What exactly is going on at this club?!
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Watching notts county reminds me of what a great team we used to have. Seems like half the county team played for torquay!
Shocking to think how far we have fallen in such a short time.
We were one bad ref decision from the football league not long ago! GJ was our hero!
Man its such a sad toothless demise.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Another home defeat against a bunch of part timers who once again looked sharper and fitter than us.
Same mistakes it’s March and we still look unfit as we have all season. Who is responsible for fitness ?
Who is responsible for tactics ?
I guess it does not matter , the table don’t lie.
We have been sh1te all season a complete shambles from the top to the bottom.