Uncle Clarke part 812

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Call me old fashioned but I like a successful management team not a failed one.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 28 Apr 2023, 08:48 Have to agree with DevonBee, 100% on point 👍, Wealdstone, Maidenhead both part time, Altrincham debut season going full time, Bromley in play offs, Halifax on 60 points and in Trophy final, yet we've played direct, long ball football, used 39 players, and up untill 7 games ago, were shocking, GJ has been good, has a great CV and has achieved so much in the game, but I'm not being ageist, he now needs to retire and put his feet up on a sun lounger for a long time, enjoy a few San Miguels and walk away from the game with his head held high.
5 wins in a row and some on here think Johnson is back to being the next messiah! 🤣
The whole management team need to Foxtrot Oscar.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Cheddargull wrote: 28 Apr 2023, 16:28 Our budget has rumoured to have been top quartile ..........................
Recruitment blows that rumour apart. Bargain basement signings and loanees don't back up your fanciful notion!!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

kevgull wrote: 28 Apr 2023, 16:51 Call me old fashioned but I like a successful management team not a failed one.
1 promotion and 1 playoff final followed by a below par season and a relegation. Depends if you're a glass half full or glass half empty merchant. No prizes as to which camp you're in.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 28 Apr 2023, 18:13 Recruitment blows that rumour apart. Bargain basement signings and loanees don't back up your fanciful notion!!
Or was it just bad recruitment?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Nobody knows what the budget was though - it could just as easily have been bad recruitment as lack of funds.

Apparently if you listen to Johnsons latest interview we got relegated due to bad luck - I mean thats just ludicrous. Its hardly bad luck if you mismanage your squad to such an extent you fill it with fullbacks and centre halves and cant put a striker on the bench for half a season.

There were three half decent teams in this leagues - the remainder lacked any quality whatsoever.

We need to try something different - Johnson is past his sell by date.