Solihull Moors v Torquay United - 7th March

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Solihull Moors v Torquay United - 7th March

Post by Midlandgull »

How do we line up for this one folks?

Heading to this one as a fairly local one to me, how many do you think we will bring? In the past, fairly solid numbers!
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

Dawson to start for Lapslie maybe-50 to 60 minutes and then bring Lapslie on?

Can GJ risk resting Jarvis-or maybe risk playing him again and worsening the injury?

Very little room for manoeuvre, unless we get another loanee, which is unlikely to happen before weekend. New forward desperately needed.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

solihull have now let dallas go to chesterfield, that's 2 big players that have left. however its tuesday and its one of my worst days of the week as you know come 9.30/9.45pm the day is ruined when you see the final result.

GJ HAS to get more bodies in, he even said it in his interview, it really cant be that hard. time to forget about we need the right people to play our way etc as "our way" isn't working. get people in who can work hard and can score, all these teams in our league even Scunthorpe seem to find a big 6ft 5 lump who is a threat and can get a goal or 2, we have no attacking options off the bench.

unfortunately i only see this result going one way
Devonportender
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Devonportender »

I see keating is scoring goals in the Irish top league Johnson didn't rate him says it all see you all at Taunton
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

First game I've been able to get to for ages, looking forward to the snide sense of superiority with which I can post "well for those who were AT the game..." later, not gonna lie! :whistle: ;-)

Where we are it's all about scrapping, scraping results and just getting the points somehow. Annoying time for Solihull to pick up their first win in however long at the weekend, but as a habitual highlight watcher my only consolation is we do seem to at least create a few chances; we just need to stick a couple away (it's so simple, right?). As always, seems to be if the players are brave and manage to string a few passes together then we're so much better, but too often they panic and hoof it.

Got a feeling we're gonna scrape another point tonight, late equaliser in a drab Tuesday night affair. I'll double down, we'll get it from a corner. Believe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I wish I felt optimistic but Solihull are a bogey side for us and sadly I think it will go 2-1 to Solihull.

Praying I am wrong.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

get rene howe back... banging them in
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

somersetgull wrote: 07 Mar 2023, 15:48 I think we will win tonight. We are still going down.
Solihull are awful this season and chairman could be investing all his money in the new Worcester Wasps rugby thing going on.

Talk of them moving to Worcester and changing names.

Very unhappy fanbase.
The talk is of Coventry Wasps playing in either Solihull or Worcester next season. There is no talk of Solihull Moors FC going anywhere.
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

This will have to be a monumental effort from TUFC depleted of any depth from what can only be described as a thinning of a team ready for the next level.
I fear a big humiliation coming soon which will change things for the future.
Question is... Who is responsible?
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

Jarvis injured so Hanson comes in .
Could be a very tough watch this 🙄
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I need to change my username as I’m now a Bournemouth Gull…alas I now have two coastal team with managers called Gary whom are driving the teams into relegation 😫

Speaking of Rene Howe, why not tap up Don O’Riordan for the next Rodney Jack?

We could always send Pete Johnson ‘on holiday’ to Lambada, you never know he might stumble on the next Rodney Jack himself 🤔
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

DevonBee wrote: 07 Mar 2023, 19:04 Jarvis injured so Hanson comes in .
Could be a very tough watch this 🙄
How weak does that bench look, Johnson needs to pull his finger out and find a striker that can score some goals and get us out of this shit
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by thebigp1 »

DevonBee wrote: 07 Mar 2023, 19:29 How weak does that bench look, Johnson needs to pull his finger out and find a striker that can score some goals and get us out of this shit
McGavin now out and Dawson in. We have nothing on the bench that can change the game.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

whoop whoop Marshall 1-0 up from a free kick
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by thebigp1 »