Solihull Moors v Torquay United - 7th March

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

hector wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 20:33 Then you didn’t read my post properly did you?

I didn’t say he wasn’t good enough for this squad - hell, even I’m good enough for this squad - I said he wasn’t very good. He wouldn’t have got near last year’s team.
I did read your post perfectly fine, saying he isn't good is very harsh, last year's team could have used him as he is very versatile and could have covered for a number of positions and do it very well.

He is consistently good for us considering the position we're in, put him in a better squad and we'd be saying he is good
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

toastkid wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 20:39 Donnellan isn't a bad player, but when we are not winning he has a tendency to rush forward, we lose the ball and there's a gaping hole behind him that gets exploited time and time again. Donnellan eventually gets back way too late.

The penalty the other week was also a shocking decision by him. And so, I suppose his problem is awareness and decision making. Risk vs reward doesn't get considered enough by Donnellan or several of our players.
This i believe can be sorted by a small tactical tweek.

When 1 of the full backs goes forward, have 1 of the defensive midfielders stay back to create back , that way we aren't being compromised at the back and this will cover us in the defensive transitions
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest