SO WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Stoneybroke
On the Bench
On the Bench

SO WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE

Post by Stoneybroke »

We are getting into more than squeaky bum time now!! The great win over Barnet has all but been erased after the debacle against Dorking, a game which we just HAD to win.

I think the management forgot to instill that to the players on Tuesday, well all bar a couple of them the majority were going through the motions and that's being generous, we didn't see much motion at all.

So now it's on to Southend on Saturday with the teams confidence shot to pieces,beaten by a team of part timers who got hammered the previous Saturday and didn't even train before Tuesday's game,maybe Gary could learn from that.

We need to have Asa and Dan and hopefully Collins available for selection,if have any hope of getting a result. And what has happened to King Creole? Is he still here ? And also Ali Omar, he may not be a gifted individual but you know what you get from him total commitment and energy,something lacking from some of the team on Tuesday.

Hopefully Torquay can beat Southend, and I just hope and pray they can stay afloat until the end of the season at least. Or our win at Southend earlier in the year and the 3 points gained would be deducted making our points total even worse.

Discuss!!
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

I don't believe that result defines our season at all, I don't like the saying "it's a huge 3 points" without sounding like captain obvious:3 points is 3 points, it just means now a bit more pressure on the games coming up, the positives for me is this, Jarvis IS scoring goals now, Lapslie is playing really well, Martin and Hall should be back soon, my concern has always been the chopping and changing of the starting XI and formation/tactics...I think we now know you'll be leaving the club in May, to many poor quality players on the books, and some on the loanees aren't street wise enough, even for NL level, I just think we in the mix with Yeovil (who behind the scenes it's very messy) York, Gateshead, Dorking and Maidenhead....on Saturday just gone we won, and results couldn't of gone better, 3 days later it looks bleak again, that's how quickly it can turn around, esp with 15 games to go, Johnson needs to find a way to sure up our defence even more, get a settled and disciplined formation, and stick to a plan, I've never liked going long, it's a sign of desperation and ugly to watch, And on another note, the club need more PR or communication, to many players absent or not about, whereabouts are they??, Nothing is ever told to the fans.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

It is going to be a very nervous couple of months, that's for sure. We need to get good points from our home games starting with Southend and Bromley. It's going to be difficult but I think 4 points from these is a must.
It's now down to probably 4 from 7 for the relegation spots. I think Oldham upwards will be ok. We are still very much in the mix so no need to panic just yet. I still have confidence that GJ can/will get us out of this mess (even if he probably won't be here next season). But a massive 2 games coming up!!!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Just listened to johnsons midweek conference such as it is, they were the ramblings of an elderly man who could not even get the chronology or facts right without correcting himself from tuesdays game, we had a back four on saturday that read the script and implemented it, tuesday the same back four were torn apart, so what was different, up against a better team, I dont think so,he says that certain players are not turning up or influencing the game, we all know who these are but Johnson does not seem to have the ability to influence their behaviour, he mentions that when evans was sent off dorking were able to bring on two extra forwards,we didnt have any, who did we have on the bench, players that should not make the starting eleven even on a bad day. We are in this situation for any number of reasons some of which are out of Johnsons control but none of which will ever come out with any degree of honesty.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

....... Is it down to the lake I fear?
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 23 Feb 2023, 14:22 ....... Is it down to the lake I fear?
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the Haircut 100 reference

3 points on Saturday will make for a Fantastic Day
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

somersetgull wrote: 23 Feb 2023, 20:16 Certainly after Tuesday and results in the trophy was hoping for safety in the South next year??

This result confirms we will be in a relegation battle in the South next season??

People still think we are staying up this season??

Blimey enough now.

Happy clap the club to the Southern League.

Thats the league below National South.

Open your eyes.
The idiot returns.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

somersetgull wrote: 23 Feb 2023, 20:16 People still think we are staying up this season??
At least you got one part right.
Brixham63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Brixham63 »

Beating Barnet and losing to Dorking. Football makes no sense and expecting it to isn’t sensible. GJ looked tired and enraged. He knows he potentially has a team that can perform but he’s running out of time. I’m hoping the players are getting to realise the urgency of our situation. The loan players need to prove themselves to their clubs and our players need to sell themselves. CLE to Notts shows how it can happen. GJ knows exactly where we are and why. He’s taken chances on players his whole life hoping that he can improve them and done very well. Losing that play off final was hard but starting again from scratch even harder. I still think we will survive Tope Jarvis Moxey Laps and Hall need to fit for the last 10 games. If we go down…I’ll still be a Gulls fan and I’ll still turn up and travel because that’s football. (The other teams I look for are Blackpool and Telford : I’m on relegation hat-trick)
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

Brixham63 wrote: 24 Feb 2023, 12:42 Beating Barnet and losing to Dorking. Football makes no sense and expecting it to isn’t sensible. GJ looked tired and enraged. He knows he potentially has a team that can perform but he’s running out of time. I’m hoping the players are getting to realise the urgency of our situation. The loan players need to prove themselves to their clubs and our players need to sell themselves. CLE to Notts shows how it can happen. GJ knows exactly where we are and why. He’s taken chances on players his whole life hoping that he can improve them and done very well. Losing that play off final was hard but starting again from scratch even harder. I still think we will survive Tope Jarvis Moxey Laps and Hall need to fit for the last 10 games. If we go down…I’ll still be a Gulls fan and I’ll still turn up and travel because that’s football. (The other teams I look for are Blackpool and Telford : I’m on relegation hat-trick)
Hansons on a double , and likely to achieve it 🙄
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

I have accepted our fate. NLS here we come.
All been told from the beginning of the season how things are about to change.We wait and wait and wait!
I still believe the game against Dorking was a game we could not afford to lose!
It's done guys it's done!
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

Gosh. One (admittedly terrible) result and people are throwing in the towel already.

Whilst we’re not in a great spot right now, we have 15 games to close a 3-point gap to safety so can we save the doom and gloom for a bit longer?!
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

gullsgullsgulls wrote: 25 Feb 2023, 05:08 Gosh. One (admittedly terrible) result and people are throwing in the towel already.

Whilst we’re not in a great spot right now, we have 15 games to close a 3-point gap to safety so can we save the doom and gloom for a bit longer?!
...and a game that we were winning until we went down to ten men.

No stomach for the fight at all, this lot; would hate to be in a team with them, the type who collapse after the first goal is conceded!
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

I shall keep up my record of attending every home march but am not expecting anything too much. The ideal result would be a 1-0 win but we do "not do" clean sheets ! We will therefore be on the back foot, again.

This could be Southend's last ever game, they could (should) be wound up in the High Court on Wednesday.

Prediction 0-2. Our MoM will be Tom Lapslie.......nothing changes and I will be back on Tuesday v Bromley.

COYY, prove me wrong.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Forest gull »

Happy clap the club to the Southern League.

Thats the league below National South.

Open your eyes.
[/quote]

Personally I find the term happy clapper derisory. If I want to clap a team I have supported for 45
Years I f ing well will