Dorking v Torquay Tuesday 21st February

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Dorking v Torquay Tuesday 21st February

Post by standupsitdown »

This is going to be a crucial match and hopefully we'll take a good following to what I think will be a new ground for most of us.

Ticket details are on Dorking's website:

https://dorkingwanderersfc.ktckts.com/e ... uay-united

Very reasonably priced at £16 adults, £13 over 60s & students, £8 under 18 and £35 for a family of 4.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

standupsitdown wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 10:13 This is going to be a crucial match and hopefully we'll take a good following to what I think will be a new ground for most of us.

Ticket details are on Dorking's website:

https://dorkingwanderersfc.ktckts.com/e ... uay-united

Very reasonably priced at £16 adults, £13 over 60s & students, £8 under 18 and £35 for a family of 4.
Don't get too excited... it's a legoland construction with garden fencing and a terrible view from the away 'end' (which is a corner of the ground with crap views and a garden path layout behind the 'away' goal with no terracing). If you're a short arse like me, get there early or purchase an orange crate from the local greengrocer before entering.

...and if they're expecting a big crowd, get there early as the car park that adjoins the ground fills up pretty quick. There is a fair amount of street parking around if you fancy doing a google maps search of the area... but be careful, the locals really don't like you parking within 500 foot of their driveway.

:keepie:
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

It's funny how certain fans hate on Wrexham and call them arrogant etc, yet someone on here is having a pop at Dorking FC who have achieved more in 10-15years than we've ever done, they weren't even a club that long ago, no stadium or anything, they're punching so above their weight it's unreal, yes their stadium ain't the best, but come on, have a bit of class, they are by a mile the smallest club in the league, there's zero need to mock their stadium/set up..
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

Dorking have just signed experienced defender Tony Craig, ex-Millwall & ex-Bee, to shore up their defence:-

https://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/2023 ... g-on-loan/
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Back to the thread subject....
This really is a game we must be looking to win, games running out now, we could/should stay up if we can win 7 out of 17 with a few draws thrown in.
Doesn't sound a massive task but when we have won 6 out of 29 guess it is.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Well it is now 6 out of 16. Defending much better. I prefer 4 at the back. De Silva is great but not as a defender as we saw today when he gave away a Free Kick in a very dangerous place. Result a goal to Barnet.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 18:42 It's funny how certain fans hate on Wrexham and call them arrogant etc, yet someone on here is having a pop at Dorking FC who have achieved more in 10-15years than we've ever done, they weren't even a club that long ago, no stadium or anything, they're punching so above their weight it's unreal, yes their stadium ain't the best, but come on, have a bit of class, they are by a mile the smallest club in the league, there's zero need to mock their stadium/set up..
Well said! What they have achieved over the years on a shoestring budget is amazing and any football fan worth his salt should praise the clubs fighting spirit.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Griff1n wrote: 16 Feb 2023, 10:26 Dorking have just signed experienced defender Tony Craig, ex-Millwall & ex-Bee, to shore up their defence:-

https://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/2023 ... g-on-loan/
At 37 years old hopefully 'shore-up' means he will play like a 'beached whale'.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

MellowYellow wrote: 18 Feb 2023, 19:53 Well said! What they have achieved over the years on a shoestring budget is amazing and any football fan worth his salt should praise the clubs fighting spirit.
All I said was that I don't like the away end at Dorking Wanderers and that their stadium was basic. I was not slating their achievements. I was not being arrogant. I'm a Torquay United fan, I have nothing to be arrogant about.

All I was doing was stating my experience of going to their ground on a couple of occasions where the crowds were much smaller than they will be on Tuesday...where I struggled to see the whole pitch from the corner bit and had no chance standing behind the goal to see any of the pitch. C'mon, that's hardly arrogant.

Anyways... back on topic.... after today's crucial result against Barnet, Tuesday really is a 6-pointer and if Gateshead fail to win at Oldham and we grab the 3 points at Dorking, we will be out of the bottom 4 (if I've done my maths right)

:keepie:
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I have not yet signed up for National League Streaming but I feel Dorking Away on Tuesday would be a good game to try out the service.

I think I will open an Account today and hope the boys can bring home 3 points on Tuesday Evening. COYY.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Streaming is pretty good but occasionally no commentary which doesn't bother me , and can be a bonus !
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Making the short trip from Worthing, Sussex with family and friends from the golf club. There will be 11 of us. Let's get behind the boys. COYY 💛
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

MellowYellow wrote: 18 Feb 2023, 19:57 At 37 years old hopefully 'shore-up' means he will play like a 'beached whale'.
Fair chance he’ll be a thug. Let’s hope for a decent ref.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Ex Palace, Millwall, Brentford will tell you all you need to know. A tough guy for sure.
Looking forward to tomorrow , I will be there for this crucial 6 pointer. Hope for a good yellow Army turnout for the boys
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

I would expect a tough battle tomorrow night. Once Dorking slip into the relegation places I think they know there is no way back, they have been typical of under dog teams that get promoted and surprise everyone in the first half of the season but get found out in the return fixtures.
If we survive this season I think Tope Fadahunsi will have had a big say in it.