Torquay United v Barnet - FA Trophy (Saturday 11th February 2023 @ 15.00)

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

desperado wrote: 11 Feb 2023, 18:54 Very disappointing, we need to be a lot better next week, stop the balls going into that 6ft 5 mouthey striker, he's going to get some stick next week. I can't recall their keeper making any saves, simply not good enough, we are so predictable and pedestrian , I really don't think this team has enough about them to stay up.
On the plus side I thought Tope did ok , he is getting better and stronger gradually, Jarvis excellent as usual, doing his best with long hoofed balls. De Silva,Wyatt, Crowe not wing backs . Wyatt and Crowe have no pace or strength to go up and down. Donnellan had a poor game after good form lately. We have to take 4 points from Barnet and Dorking games .
We need to make Shithouse Smith have a very awkward return to Plainmoor......I urge all on the Popside to give him some serious barracking from minute 1 next saturday,
Phipsy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Phipsy »

Their forward, Harry Smith, maybe a bit mouthy, however he was the difference between the two teams.
Outstanding, particulary in the air.
Not sure about barracking him next week, probabably gee him up to do more damage.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Yes he was , be interesting to see how he fares against Notts County on Tuesday.
Expect Gary will be paying his £9.50 to watch the game.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Appreciate its Barnet again but is that as far as our scouting goes , the johnsons brothers huddled around their fifty inch with their horlicks.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

culmstockgull wrote: 12 Feb 2023, 10:51 Appreciate its Barnet again but is that as far as our scouting goes , the johnsons brothers huddled around their fifty inch with their horlicks.
They need to be watching it as the Barnet X1 from yesterday will be a completely different line up from this Saturday
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Chrisjb66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chrisjb66 »

Oh….not an accomplished performance against Barnet. Where to start………
Stoneybroke
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stoneybroke »

If Barnet and Notts County 'perform' as they both did against Torquay, there won't be much action. Time wasting with goal kicks and free kicks, feigning serious injury ect. This appears to be the way the 'top teams' play this season
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

There is very little anyone can say to put a positive spin on saturdays game, we were poor,sluggish and dominated by a big ugly team, but nothing we have not encountered before. if we had managed to score first the time wasting situation would not have occured accept by us of course. They were a huge, uncomplicated team, but nothing special who we could not deal with. One of our main issues is that the under 23's have not handled the transistion to mens football very well in certain cases not at all. At their previous level they are primarily taught technique, how to eat well , passing maybe but then they encounter national league football with defenders trying to punt them out of the ground and basically they fold, andrews bottled it game after game, mcgavin amd hanson dont like it at all and evans is suffering trying to live up to standards that he cannot meet game after game.
Johnson stated post match they have to learn, bit late now that we are two thirds of the way through the season, I would rather not wait to the last game of the season for the light bulb to suddenly shine.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Looking at the highlights we created chances and Barnet doidnt look all that. The main feature was that our defending seems to have reverted to abyssmal.

Halstead should never have been beaten across his goal for the first
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

DevonBee wrote: 12 Feb 2023, 11:32 They need to be watching it as the Barnet X1 from yesterday will be a completely different line up from this Saturday
The Barnet line up in Saturday only featured two changes in the starting line up from their previous league game.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Cheddargull wrote: 13 Feb 2023, 18:26 The Barnet line up in Saturday only featured two changes in the starting line up from their previous league game.
Think u need to recheck it was more than 2 my friend in the starting line up, and more on the bench
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

I see last saturdays goal given to Donnellan not Evans who is still searching for his 1st Gulls goal.
Evans came with high hopes in August, and seems to have gone backwards ! You seriously have to question why ?
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Wouldn't say he's gone backwards.
Think he is gradually improving since his injury. I'm not quite sure where his best position is though.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

DevonBee wrote: 13 Feb 2023, 20:13 Think u need to recheck it was more than 2 my friend in the starting line up, and more on the bench
Think Cheddargull is right, I only counted 2 changes to the XI, Wynter and a CB?