Torquay United V Notts County Sat 4 Feb KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Torquay United V Notts County Sat 4 Feb KO 3pm

Post by portugull »

I am sure all Fans are looking forward to the visit of the League leaders on Saturday a team that has lost just 1 of their 29 games this season.

Both Kyle Cameron and Aaron Nemane are likely to start based on recent team selection and Plainmoor will be rocking that is for sure.

Will Asa Hall be fit to play? I hope so because his experience in this sort of fixture is so very important.

On paper County should win but our record at Plainmoor in recent seasons against them is very good. Our recent form is improving and County have shown that away they do concede goals 8 in fact in their last 6 away League games.

If we are at our best, De Silva is in attack mode, Jarvis is clinical, Tope surprises us, Asa is fit, the Ref is decent, Notts have an off day, Cameron gets a Red Card, County miss a last minute penalty we might just get a point in a 1-1 draw!
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Last season's 5-1 victory in the corresponding fixture was one if the best performances I had ever seen from a TUFC team. This seasons fixture may illustrate how far we have fallen.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Cheddargull wrote: 02 Feb 2023, 17:23 Last season's 5-1 victory in the corresponding fixture was one if the best performances I had ever seen from a TUFC team. This seasons fixture may illustrate how far we have fallen.

Lets face it, we shouldn't get anywhere near them....
"Fallen" maybe correct, but there are only two starters from that game still in the XI now - plus four on the bench - one of whom is now injured.
That says something about the players that we have lost.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Tough game but I am going for 0-0

Attend; 3200
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Not many from Notts. Still I suppose with so many strikes they are busy working.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Pathetic away following. Probably illustrative of how the national league tv is going to impact on the smaller clubs, with ability to watch Saturday games through a VPN. Even so, top of the table Notts should be embarrassed at that turn out.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

knightmaregull wrote: 04 Feb 2023, 16:58 Pathetic away following. Probably illustrative of how the national league tv is going to impact on the smaller clubs, with ability to watch Saturday games through a VPN. Even so, top of the table Notts should be embarrassed at that turn out.
Their following was just as poor last season
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Waiting for doom merchants now!!
Gull in black
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gull in black »

Disappointed not to get any points out if that.
Hanson lucky to stay in the pitch. Didn’t look a pen to me. But decisions go your way when you’re top of the league … and we’re not.
If we play like that in coming matches we should gather a few wins.
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Thought we were unlucky against a thoroughly niggly bunch. Still suits the nature of a scab city. If we play like that for the rest of the season we won't be far off. Why did he pull Tope off so early?
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

Somerset Gull, I take it you weren't there again, as per normal. Played really well, just naive defending at times and Notts knew how to play with 10 and we didn't.
Why don't you just not bother posting, as its always negative garbage.

And it was a definite penalty for them.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

The result - frustrating, county are a joke with the play acting and took time wasting to a new level, 7mins added on at the end was way to low. They celebrated like they'd won the FA Cup! A draw would have been fair. GJ got the 2 first half subs spot on, Tope was blowing after 5mins and Hanson was all over the place

Officials were dire, how Hanson stayed on was baffling, their red card was about the only decision the lino on the pop got right, one of the worst I've seen

The performance - great, play like that for the rest of the season and we should be fine, we tried to get on the front foot, got in their face and fought to the end. Deservedly applauded off

Final point was the atmosphere felt lacking with the mostly kids going down to the away end to just shout at the county fans - you can't even be heard in the middle of the pop!

And Kyle Cameron clapping the pop at the end - bellend
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

Tope looked shattered, could hardly run 10 minutes into the game. Either an injury or 3 games in a week was too much him.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

GULL 67 wrote: 04 Feb 2023, 18:00 Thought we were unlucky against a thoroughly niggly bunch. Still suits the nature of a scab city. If we play like that for the rest of the season we won't be far off. Why did he pull Tope off so early?
Surely you could see why?

Tope looked dead on his feet after about 10mins

We wanted to play a high press and it wasn't working

Rightly taken off
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

So if Fadahunsi was taken off because he wasn't fit enough to play, who is looking at the squad before a game?