Can we make the play offs?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Well after our fantastic victory against Halifax yesterday and all the positive comments made on this forum, id thought that I'll chip in with my tuppence worth. Yesterday was only our second home victory out of 13 this season and only our fifth win all season out of 26 games played. Halifax have only managed 2 wins on the road from 13 matches. We currently sit in the relegation zone and yet you would think that from several comments made on the forum after yesterday's match, we were on the verge of the play offs. Maybe I'm wrong, we're only 15 points off 7th placed Wealdstone with 20 matches to play. Gary Johnson has turned from 79% of fans wanting him out according to the poll Louis started several days ago, to now 56% of people who voted wanting him to stay.

I feel sorry for people like Louis who i suspect puts a lot of time and effort in to making sure that this forum runs smoothly. It's such a shame that Louis and all the other administrator's, yes including you Southampton Gull, put in so much hard work so that true supporters who like to voice their opinion have a platform to do so. It therefore saddens me that the idiots on this forum have to spoil and make a mockery of their hard work as the Gary Johnson poll proves.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

:rofl:
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

In a word, No. Way to many teams between us and 7th place,GJ on record saying he'd take 5th from bottom right now,in the next 9 games, on paper, if you offered me 12 points, or the club they'd probably take that, from what I'm told and read, Halifax weren't much, yes we did the double over them, but how we won at The Shay was purely down to Halstead in goal, just need to stay grounded, realistic,and not get carried away on only our 2nd home league win of the season.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

What idiot is thinking we can make the playoffs ? Let us just get out of the bottom four by the end of the season, that should be our ONLY objective.

Dorking, Alsershot and Maidenhead will all drop down the table...we need to take advantage. Three points against Bromley on Tuesday week will help. Let us get behind the team.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

North Curry House wrote: 08 Jan 2023, 13:48 What idiot is thinking we can make the playoffs ? Let us just get out of the bottom four by the end of the season, that should be our ONLY objective.

Dorking, Alsershot and Maidenhead will all drop down the table...we need to take advantage. Three points against Bromley on Tuesday week will help. Let us get behind the team.
Exactly North Curry House. The remarks I made were me being sarcastic. They were directed at the morons who still believe that Gary Johnson is the best thing ever to have happened to our club, a club he has set back many years and put us in a position similar to Gary Owers did 5 years ago. The only difference is that Uncle Clarke is 5 million quid poorer.
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Morons?? Bit strong from you
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Sarcasm’s lost on some people.. 😂
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

Gary hasn't taken us backwards, he's stabilised outlr outgoings and almost got us promoted in the process.

Stay up this season, and consolidate and we'll be pressing for the playoffs next season!

Support GJ, support the team.