Three Strikers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Three Strikers

Post by Stickingitin »

With the advent of Will Goodwin's departure we still are only dealing with two strikers in Jarvis and our new addition Crole.
We know that an experienced center back is required also, which means the powers that be need to get their cheque book out because we can only play five loan players in a match day team.
Time to bring in Tony Lee from Poole Town me thinks.
We can loan an experienced defender but we can't loan an experienced goal scorer.
tuafc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tuafc »

You are forgetting one of our marquee signings over the summer.... That said I am very confident he won't ever score for us and so probably should be forgotten
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Would probably be too controversial a signing.
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

tuafc wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 19:15 You are forgetting one of our marquee signings over the summer.... That said I am very confident he won't ever score for us and so probably should be forgotten
I wouldn't say forgotten just competition for places as GJ always says.
We have a plethora of midfielders and yet wofull in attacking strikers, Jarvis is a hold up man with goals occasionally and Goodwin was just getting started which is why Stoke recalled him.
We now have Crole who is, at this moment, far better than our missing striker because he is fit and has been playing regularly he also has youth on his side.
We only need one more goal per game!
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

Cheddargull wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 19:21 Would probably be too controversial a signing.
With enough strikers it wouldn't matter as when on a yellow we would have some more goal scoring attributes for them to contend with.
I get where you are coming from as he is a physical striker, but that's just what we need when we're in a fight.
tuafc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tuafc »

Stickingitin wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 19:34 I wouldn't say forgotten just competition for places as GJ always says.
We have a plethora of midfielders and yet wofull in attacking strikers, Jarvis is a hold up man with goals occasionally and Goodwin was just getting started which is why Stoke recalled him.
We now have Crole who is, at this moment, far better than our missing striker because he is fit and has been playing regularly he also has youth on his side.
We only need one more goal per game!
I was referring to Andrews
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

tuafc wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 19:15 You are forgetting one of our marquee signings over the summer.... That said I am very confident he won't ever score for us and so probably should be forgotten
Enough of the marquee bollocks
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

tuafc wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 20:00 I was referring to Andrews
I know you were. You can't write off a striker as Josh Umerah and Klaidi Lolos are trying to prove.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Stickingitin wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 19:37 With enough strikers it wouldn't matter as when on a yellow we would have some more goal scoring attributes for them to contend with.
I get where you are coming from as he is a physical striker, but that's just what we need when we're in a fight.
I think the club withdrew their interest in him during the summer when it became apparent he was under police investigation.
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

Cheddargull wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 20:32 I think the club withdrew their interest in him during the summer when it became apparent he was under police investigation.
And yet since Sept or Oct I think, he's been banging them in with aplomb.
tuafc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tuafc »

Stickingitin wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 20:20 I know you were. You can't write off a striker as Josh Umerah and Klaidi Lolos are trying to prove.
At least those two scored while with us. In their time in the side they didn't look world beaters but equally both looked a lot more threatening than Andrews has.
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

tuafc wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 20:53 At least those two scored while with us. In their time in the side they didn't look world beaters but equally both looked a lot more threatening than Andrews has.
As I said, you can never write off a striker. Which is why the powers that be need to get their cheque book out, Andrews is only of no use when the funds are produced. Gaming International is a gambling operation worth billions from the suckers that gamble, hmm.
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

Looks like Wrexham will be losing a few players soon. Three strikers or more!
tuafc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tuafc »

Stickingitin wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 21:12 As I said, you can never write off a striker. Which is why the powers that be need to get their cheque book out, Andrews is only of no use when the funds are produced. Gaming International is a gambling operation worth billions from the suckers that gamble, hmm.
I'm confused. In the opening post you don't refer to Andrews at all, so surely you have either written him off or forgotten him?
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

Interesting reading...
Notts Co 25 players 5 strikers
Wrexham 35 players 8 strikers
Chesterfield 28 players 5 strikers
Woking 24 Players 6 Strikers
Barnet 25 players 5 Strikers
Southend 30 Players 7 Strikers
Wealdstone 19 players 5 Strikers
Dag & Red 27 Players 5 Strikers
Eastliegh 24 Players 3 Strikers
Bromley 18 Players 5 Strikers
Solihull M 26 Players 6 Strikers
Altrincham 23 Players 5 Strikers
Borham W 23 Players 5 Strikers
York City 28 Players 5 Strikers
FC Halifax 22 Players 9 Strikers
Dorking W 26 Players 5 Strikers
Maidenhead 24 Players 4 Strikers
Yeovil T 16 Players 3 Strikers
Aldershot 23 Players 3 Strikers
Oldham Ath 36 Players 7 Strikers
Gateshead 27 Players 7 Strikers
TUFC 21 Players 3 Strikers
Maidstone 25 Players 6 Strikers
Scunthorpe Utd 26 Players 4 Strikers

My prediction based on these facts are that TUFC, Scunthorpe, Aldershot and Yeovil will go down unless things change at Plainmoor. Time to get the cheque book out Osbourne.