Yeovil v Torquay United Sun 1st Jan KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Can't say we deserved that , overall a very decent performance from us but doesn't matter how well you play , if you cant score that's what happens.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 17:00 Whilst some decent periods of play, it never looked liked it would result in chances let alone goals.

We will get relegated unless something changes.

Bang on. We simply lack a creative player who can make things happen like Little who astonishingly was much derided by some of our supporters, well they got what they wanted.
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

We need a couple of quality players for a month. Decent players, not kids, or cast offs. Easier said than done of course, but we need something particularly whilst players are injured or not match fit.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Although a half decent perforomance. We can not play for NINETY minutes.

One point from two games against one of our main rivals, just is not good enough......but we say that every week.

FFS Little was sub again at FGR and came on after 90+3. Get him on loan and give him some game time. He may help us out the Sh*t.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

A statement from the board is urgently needed, will we get it NO! Sadly the club is lacking investment, forward thinking or anyone who cares.

I guess some on here will still be saying don't worry, stick with Gary, give him time, judge at the end of January, we will stay up.

I say to you, open your eyes.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

somersetgull wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 17:08 Clueless.. Why would he give up 3rd tier football to come here for??
I would have thought that was pretty obvious. Being a 90+ minute sub must be pretty soul destroying for someone who wants an opportunity to progress their career in the game. If FGR were willing to loan him it wouldn’t impact his salary and he would get some valuable exposure and opportunity to impress. Clueless…
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

In parts it looked okay, and not as bad as I feared, but ultimately we cannot score goals when we are having good spells, It looks easy on the eye, but you never feel we'll take charge, push on and WIN, as soon as it went 1-0 Yeovil, you never truly believed we'd get anything from today. In isolation, it wasn't bad, but it's over the whole 90mins, and we made Yeovil look superior, when really they aren't that much better. We need signings asap. Stating the obvious!.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

For Christ's sake shut up.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

desperado wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 17:14 For Christ's sake shut up.
:goodpost:
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

desperado wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 17:02 Can't say we deserved that , overall a very decent performance from us but doesn't matter how well you play , if you cant score that's what happens.
I thought it was a totally impotent performance against a pretty poor Yeovil side and we got what we deserved.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I'm not sure how Yeovil "easily beat us" - I am the first to admit we are shit but I didnt honestly think we deserved to lose today.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

desperado wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 17:02 Can't say we deserved that , overall a very decent performance from us but doesn't matter how well you play , if you cant score that's what happens.
Sounds like the drivel in the GJ post game interview

Get him out
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

We should have won. Keep the faith.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

toastkid wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 17:36 We should have won. Keep the faith.
How many times this season have we said that?

Change the record - GJ out
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

We didn’t create anything to deserve a win.

Keeping possession and holding shape should be a basic requirement, but we’ve descended to a level of expectation where this is considered a good performance.