Yeovil v Torquay United Sun 1st Jan KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 17:40 We didn’t create anything to deserve a win.

Keeping possession and holding shape should be a basic requirement, but we’ve descended to a level of expectation where this is considered a good performance.
Absolutely, spot on.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

toastkid wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 17:36 We should have won. Keep the faith.
Ridiculous
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

usual nonsense - although feels he has the right to call out paying travelling fans

apparently new players coming in this week
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Shouting personal insults at the manager and players really helps i find.

(I was there today).
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

We were the much better team apart from a 15- 20 minute spell at the start of the second half when their sub loanee from Peterborough came on and looked very good - quick and strong. For a change we had 5 decent shots on target forcing good saves (Hall, Donnellan and Evans 3 times) and created other chances, half chances which we should have done better with, so I don't know which game some people were watching.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

jono_Gull209 wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 18:36 Shouting personal insults at the manager and players really helps i find.

(I was there today).
agreed, my view for the last couple of weeks has been support the team fully for the 90 mins but i would support any Gary out chant at the end of the game

i imagine he went straight down the tunnel and didnt even acknowledge over 800 travelling fans?
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

I was being sarcastic, not sure if that was clear. 😂
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

jono_Gull209 wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 18:45 I was being sarcastic, not sure if that was clear. 😂
yes....
but i imagine knowing our fan base there were people getting on players back during the game which doesnt help
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

Johnson is a coward and would not even come over and acknowledge this man’s today he stood in the pouring rain for two hours. He heard the calls to get out and turned to us just holding his hand out as though it’s not his fault.
At the end he took about 20 paces onto the field turned his back on us and walked back down the tunnel, coward. For God sake man just go and next time be brave enough to recognise those who can see what you can’t.
Then he comes on his post match gibbering waffling non-descript interview saying those fans are against him…..How dare you when it was only really us who showed any guts. Get out of the club Johnson.
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

…acknowledge the fans…
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

IMO Gary Johnson should have stuck to thanking the majority of fans who travelled 3 hours there and back, stood on an uncovered away end, paid their hard earned money to follow TUFC. When Gary Johnson, his brother, Aaron Downes and these players are long gone these fans will remain. Maybe on the basis of the cr*p they are serving up on basis of recruitment and coaching based on their own personal performances (you cant blame the players when they simply arent good enough) perhaps they should have stuck their hands in their pocket and paid for these fans tickets and travel. Its a results game not a performances game and the points gained against teams around us shows that the league table doesnt lie. He seems to think he's beyond criticism and with no fans forum how else does he think fans will voice their criticism. Perhaps he would prefer that they stay away and be the silent critics who will choose to not attend matches or watch on TV when its possible to do so. He cant have it both ways when it was the Gary Johnson Post Match Ego Stroke when the team were winning
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I was at Huish, I am convinced the only reason we sang throughout was to forget how wet we were, as for the small group with the combined IQ 0f 1 who thought flares were a good idea, dont bother coming back, we do not need you. also the negative chants are not helpful.
For the first half I thought we played as well as I have seen them for several months,I admit that benchmark is set very low. Evans calling the shots, amd lapslie and hall protecting the back three, Donnellan was one of several who did very well and that right back space must be his , I thought goodwin and jarvis were ineffective all match and we continued to pump high balls up against giants, I liked Omar today even against ben richards everton the 6 foot 5 inch defender who played centre forward first half.
Second half well I knew it wasnt going to be our day when at nil nil, and with what mentality in mind Johnson replaces de silva with a left back. Hall was blowing at 60 minutes and was totally responsible for the first goal when their fast winger trotted past him not even running at pace for the cut across. Just as yeovil got heir second wind we seemed collectively knackered, their second goal only donnellan seemed to have anything left in the tank.
For those calling for blood, revolution and anarchy at the club , sentiments that I can understand, it will achieve nothing ,blaming the chairman is aiming at the wrong target, he has solely funded us for five years and got nothing but abuse in return and for those of the short memory variety explain where would be playing now if we still existed . The managing director like the the chairman knows nothing about football and has undoubtedly swallowed Johnson's waffle hook line and sinker.
Johnson may or may not have lost the changing room but he is fast losing the supporters, we deserve better than this, I want him to stay until the end and highly likely relegation,after this season he deserves that embarassment on his CV. Plus I would begrudge paying up his contract so he can sit at home in the warm blaming everyone else.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

For those saying we played well in parts, we played a pretty terrible Yeovil side. The games are disappearing, we’ll need 1.5 ppg very soon. We are down unless something happens, which it won’t.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

desperado wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 18:36 We were the much better team apart from a 15- 20 minute spell at the start of the second half when their sub loanee from Peterborough came on and looked very good - quick and strong. For a change we had 5 decent shots on target forcing good saves (Hall, Donnellan and Evans 3 times) and created other chances, half chances which we should have done better with, so I don't know which game some people were watching.
Did we have a proper chance? Donnellan’s shot was an easy save from 30 yards ffs
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

I agree with Culmstock.