Gary Johnson, Red card ?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Gary Johnson, Red card ?

Post by North Curry House »

I read on the Yeovil Town website that Gary Johnson got a red card yesterday. I saw him approach James Durkin, I do not expect it was to wish him a happy Christmas but I did not see a red card.

Did anyone know if he saw red.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Durkin couldn't wait, red card was shown to GJ
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 27 Dec 2022, 21:49 Durkin couldn't wait, red card was shown to GJ
Pity Osborne didn’t do it months ago
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

...and when the crowd calls out GJ for the inept second half performance he points at the ref and tries to blame him. Pathetic.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

DB57 wrote: 27 Dec 2022, 22:51 Pity Osborne didn’t do it months ago
If Osbourne goes so does our club. Be careful what you wish for.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

Forest gull wrote: 28 Dec 2022, 11:02 If Osbourne goes so does our club. Be careful what you wish for.
Think the context of the red card comment was that Osbourne should have given Johnson the red card months ago. :red:
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by DB57 »

DevonBee wrote: 28 Dec 2022, 11:08 Think the context of the red card comment was that Osbourne should have given Johnson the red card months ago. :red:
Exactly that
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I was at the Match.

Moments before Crowe got a second yellow for an innocuous foul Jarvis was blatantly fouled by Staunton, who had already been booked, and deserved a second yellow which he did not get.

Durkin is so inconsistent no wonder Gary saw Red!!!! Staunton got away with it because he was the Yeovil Captain???. The worst thing for a Manager in this League is having to suffer poor refs who are not consistent in their decision making.

Durkin never changes. I always dread it when he is in charge. Thinks he's good when he is not.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by DB57 »

portugull wrote: 28 Dec 2022, 15:46 I was at the Match.

Moments before Crowe got a second yellow for an innocuous foul Jarvis was blatantly fouled by Staunton, who had already been booked, and deserved a second yellow which he did not get.

Durkin is so inconsistent no wonder Gary saw Red!!!! Staunton got away with it because he was the Yeovil Captain???. The worst thing for a Manager in this League is having to suffer poor refs who are not consistent in their decision making.

Durkin never changes. I always dread it when he is in charge. Thinks he's good when he is not.
You’re right about Durkin but, the truth of the matter is that Cooper got the better of Johnson tactically, we didn’t perform in the second half and Yeovil got a share of the points.
We have one home win all season and that’s not all down to poor referees.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

A bad workman always blames there tools ! is a fine phrase for the current situation .

The red card could be a blessing, as Johnson might see a different game from the stands.
Downes on the touchline on the blower should be interesting.
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by thebigp1 »

DB57 wrote: 28 Dec 2022, 19:08 You’re right about Durkin but, the truth of the matter is that Cooper got the better of Johnson tactically, we didn’t perform in the second half and Yeovil got a share of the points.
We have one home win all season and that’s not all down to poor referees.
This is spot on. Yes arguably the Yeovil lad could have had a 2nd yellow but you can’t complain about Crowes sending off with both challenges deserving a yellow. In any case it was so late in the game it made no difference.

Basically our management did not react to Yeovil’s changes at half time. It was poor management imo and not the referees fault. Ultimately we were lucky to get a point.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

DB57 I think you overlook that Cooper had Linton and Fisher on the bench so he had good options. Johnson had Andrews and he is way off fitness and the more I see of him the less he looks like a Full Time Professional Footballer.

You can only bring on what you have and Yeovil had what we lacked.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

We had Fisher once and fans never rated him really, although I always thought he was decent, he tried, and was a decent player to play off from, esp away from home, he gets you up the pitch quicker if you choose to go long, and he's decent enough, esp at this level, I'd prefer him over our current strikers.,As for Johnson bringing on what he's got?,this IS HIS squad, so if he's left us short of options, or relliant on inexperienced unknowns, that's entirely ON HIM.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by DB57 »

portugull wrote: 29 Dec 2022, 13:57 DB57 I think you overlook that Cooper had Linton and Fisher on the bench so he had good options. Johnson had Andrews and he is way off fitness and the more I see of him the less he looks like a Full Time Professional Footballer.

You can only bring on what you have and Yeovil had what we lacked.
And why have we got what we’ve got on the bench? Because Johnson brought them here.
I’ve supported Torquay home and away for over 60 years and take no pleasure from what I see now but this season is nothing but a disaster and to try and dress it up in any other way is delusional. And that includes blaming everybody else except himself - as Johnson does week after week.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

I'm in total agreement, I'm old enough to remember 1984 to 1986 and in many ways, this current situation reminds me of this time, although in 84 to 86 we had some talented players...Our current squad is worse, and just like the mid 80's way to many loanees on the books