Torquay United v Yeovil Town - 26th December 2022

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

DevonBee wrote: 27 Dec 2022, 17:32 Huffs and Puffs sums Jarvis up.....I like him but he will and has not set the world on fire
I said this in the Our Squad for this season post back in September
For those unaware this is his goalscoring record from
season 2019-20 Sutton appearances 25 Goals 3
2020 Hemel apps 6 Goal 1
2020-22 Scunthorpe App 32 Goals 4 and relegated to the NL

Here he has scored 3 of his goals against Aldershot, after there centre back went off injured !
Hardly prolific but was considered a ' Marquee Signing' by Johnson.
The chance yesterday would have made it 2-0......and taking this chance is the difference between staying up and going down .
We need better than Jarvis and the other so called 'Marquees'

An important month ahead if Gj is allowed to recruit, but do we trust him ?
Not really
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Bit harsh on Jarvis, 6 goals actually and 1 in the Cup. He gives it 100% every game.
Thought he did very well to work that scoring opportunity for himself and his shirt was pulled as he stretched for the shot. 7 goals for a struggling side not too
bad. He is the least of our problems.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

desperado wrote: 27 Dec 2022, 17:47 Bit harsh on Jarvis, 6 goals actually and 1 in the Cup. He gives it 100% every game.
Thought he did very well to work that scoring opportunity for himself and his shirt was pulled as he stretched for the shot. 7 goals for a struggling side not too
bad. He is the least of our problems.
Respectfully Desperado it may seem harsh , I did say 3 against Aldershot not his grand total for us if u care to read back.

So 15 league games for us 6 goals...........So in 78 games played since year 2000 he has weighed in with 14 goals Fact !! Check Wiki
If Goodwin goes back to Stoke and with at the moment Corrie Andrews as an alternative with him.

Who fancies our chances ????....... seriously we need better up front.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

I meant Portugulls comment re one goal other than Aldershot match.
Anyway difficult to score goals in struggling teams, but yes if Goodwin has gone we need 2 strikers to replace him and Andrews, I just hope he and some others aren't on 2 year deals. Simply more shooting would be nice, McGavin has a shot on him and De Silva has a go. Wearne does some good runs but end product is poor, fails to pick out anyone or shoot himself.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Highlights

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

I suspect that if Jarvis were able to defend himself then he'd point to the woeful service from the wings and midfield, which is where I feel the root of all our problems this year has been. Too lightweight both defensively and offensively.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Probably the worst and least effective team we’ve had in a long time. Even the team we had in the NLS were better than this lot. The effort seems to be there but that it. Young, inexperienced, inconsistent, inadequate. Andrews and donnellan were both in the Babbacombe bay hotel/cafe munching in to a full English breakfast 2 days before Boxing Day…I’m no sport nutritionist but not sure if that’s a good thing.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

A full English 2 days before a game ?
How terrible !! How many sausages did Andrews have ?
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

notnow wrote: 29 Dec 2022, 05:21 Probably the worst and least effective team we’ve had in a long time. Even the team we had in the NLS were better than this lot. The effort seems to be there but that it. Young, inexperienced, inconsistent, inadequate. Andrews and donnellan were both in the Babbacombe bay hotel/cafe munching in to a full English breakfast 2 days before Boxing Day…I’m no sport nutritionist but not sure if that’s a good thing.
Just point out that on average a footballer will burn around 3400 calories a day, full English being about 1000 I'm not exactly seeing the problem
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

desperado wrote: 29 Dec 2022, 08:59 A full English 2 days before a game ?
How terrible !! How many sausages did Andrews have ?
Probably the Vorderman / Kardashian All Day Breakfast...........it seems to be working ! :lol:
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

GullsUnited wrote: 29 Dec 2022, 09:11 Just point out that on average a footballer will burn around 3400 calories a day, full English being about 1000 I'm not exactly seeing the problem
I think the point is Andrews is clearly overweight and not fit enough to be a professional footballer. The general issues around the level of fitness of our squad has been noticed by many on here this season. Diet is key part of players fitness and recovery. It’s just another area where we are behind other clubs.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

If you're a professional footballer and it's your livelyhood, it's how you make a living, then I don't think you should be tucking into greasy fry ups, it's not a good look, I would of thought slow release carbs, such as oats, porridge and fruits, even eggs scrambled/juice... People who think 2,3,or 4 days before s game it doesn't matter, they're wrong, if you strive to be the best version of yourself, conduct yourself accordingly and focus on trying to get TUFC (your current employer) out of the brown stuff, and up the league, rather than eating stodgy food.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Give Andrews an incentive......free English Breakfast every Wednesday until the end of the season but only when you can stay on your feet, make a pass to a fellow player and get a shot on target.............
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

DevonBee wrote: 29 Dec 2022, 17:29 Give Andrews an incentive......free English Breakfast every Wednesday until the end of the season but only when you can stay on your feet, make a pass to a fellow player and get a shot on target.............
I will buy the whole team a full English breakfast, if we can get three points on Sunday.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 29 Dec 2022, 14:58 If you're a professional footballer and it's your livelyhood, it's how you make a living, then I don't think you should be tucking into greasy fry ups, it's not a good look, I would of thought slow release carbs, such as oats, porridge and fruits, even eggs scrambled/juice... People who think 2,3,or 4 days before s game it doesn't matter, they're wrong, if you strive to be the best version of yourself, conduct yourself accordingly and focus on trying to get TUFC (your current employer) out of the brown stuff, and up the league, rather than eating stodgy food.
Thank you, my point exactly.