Torquay United v Yeovil Town - 26th December 2022

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Torquay United v Yeovil Town - 26th December 2022

Post by Midlandgull »

Huge game! We need 3 points!

I saw that Wyatt was on the bench v Chippenham, hoping to see him and the other injured players back in the fold! Is there a chance Asa Hall can make it?

I know he's not getting any younger but his leadership skills and reading of the game are a big asset.

No doubt we will be needing those TUFC stress balls the club has released.

COYY :scarf:
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Going slightly off theme I did notice that when we bought our tickets for boxing day bristows and the family stand were really well sold, Then I saw on the NL site today that live streaming for the remainder of the season starts on boxing day for all NL matches at £9-50 a go with the bonus if our game are up to the usual standard you can move onto any other NL game for some excitement at no additional cost and for the benefit of minneappolis gull and our nordic supporters you can get a months pass for £20.
So other than pay us to come and watch Torquay, which judging by the fare they offered so far this season might not be such a bad idea the club is going to have to come up with some very clever marketing or else tuesdays 750 will become the norm.
So in the future at a very fair price of 9-50 I can watch the match in comfort and warmth, have a takeaway delivered plus beer at less than the £34 I paid for our tickets and thats not including half a tank I fuel I use with every visit, it is a no brainer.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

culmstockgull wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 15:45 Going slightly off theme I did notice that when we bought our tickets for boxing day bristows and the family stand were really well sold, Then I saw on the NL site today that live streaming for the remainder of the season starts on boxing day for all NL matches at £9-50 a go with the bonus if our game are up to the usual standard you can move onto any other NL game for some excitement at no additional cost and for the benefit of minneappolis gull and our nordic supporters you can get a months pass for £20.
So other than pay us to come and watch Torquay, which judging by the fare they offered so far this season might not be such a bad idea the club is going to have to come up with some very clever marketing or else tuesdays 750 will become the norm.
So in the future at a very fair price of 9-50 I can watch the match in comfort and warmth, have a takeaway delivered plus beer at less than the £34 I paid for our tickets and thats not including half a tank I fuel I use with every visit, it is a no brainer.
Merry Christmas.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Doubt the club will get anything from the streaming service. It’s all about Wrexham and (in my opinion) a very bad move.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Don't think Hall will be in contention hopefully Lapslie will.
Ideally I'd like to see a back four of Donnellan Ellis Moxey Wyatt
Lapslie and Evans flanked by De Silva and Warne with Goodwin and Jarvis up front.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I know people will comment about the lack of pace in central defence and ideally we need it, but a centre back as good as Ellis or Moxey with pace would not be playing in the National League and I think experience and reading the play is more important than pace in our situation.
If Moxey is left back I don't see Ellis paired with Donnellan Marshall or Omar as improving the back four.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

desperado wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 19:01 Don't think Hall will be in contention hopefully Lapslie will.
Ideally I'd like to see a back four of Donnellan Ellis Moxey Wyatt
Lapslie and Evans flanked by De Silva and Warne with Goodwin and Jarvis up front.
I think you could be the man to replace GJ. Who would you have on the bench ? There is not a lot left !
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

North Curry House wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 21:18 I think you could be the man to replace GJ. Who would you have on the bench ? There is not a lot left !
Great answer NCH......the man to replace GJ.......but can we wait until after these 2 Massive games before making a change :lol:
I would hate us to Jump the Gun ! :scarf:
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I agree that Moxey and ellis lack pace but their reading of the game cannot be under estimated, it seems that johnson would gladly send on the physio before Omar and marshall is just a loose cannon ,neither of which are NL standard, you cannot reasonably expect de silva and wearne to run backwards and forwards for 90 minutes twice a week protecting the fullbacks and creating the width in attack ,thats how you get injuries, something which we know so much about, I notice that Ellis has suggested he is open to a permanent move if something can be worked out, if we do not go down that route then you still need to find an experienced centre back who has pace and they are not in our budget,add into the mix de silva loan is up at the end of december.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

culmstockgull wrote: 23 Dec 2022, 15:23 I agree that Moxey and ellis lack pace but their reading of the game cannot be under estimated, it seems that johnson would gladly send on the physio before Omar and marshall is just a loose cannon ,neither of which are NL standard, you cannot reasonably expect de silva and wearne to run backwards and forwards for 90 minutes twice a week protecting the fullbacks and creating the width in attack ,thats how you get injuries, something which we know so much about, I notice that Ellis has suggested he is open to a permanent move if something can be worked out, if we do not go down that route then you still need to find an experienced centre back who has pace and they are not in our budget,add into the mix de silva loan is up at the end of december.
I’ve been very disappointed with Ellis to be honest. Don’t think there is much evidence of defensive improvement or organisation since he arrived. I’ll probably get shot down for saying that but that’s how I see it.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by Midlandgull »

Maybe a 3 man midfield would give more protection to the defence? But how can you drop either Goodwin or Jarvis unless one goes out wide? But then da silva or wearne on the bench. Would be nice to have a potential game changing option off of the bench for a change

I'd rather go for the right structure overall though. 4-3-3
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

DB57 wrote: 23 Dec 2022, 18:07 I’ve been very disappointed with Ellis to be honest. Don’t think there is much evidence of defensive improvement or organisation since he arrived. I’ll probably get shot down for saying that but that’s how I see it.

Sign him up - free up a loan spot
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Without a comparison these stats are pretty meaningless aren’t they?
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

DB57 wrote: 24 Dec 2022, 08:30 Without a comparison these stats are pretty meaningless aren’t they?
Agree 100% with you.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Personal stats for Ellis read ok,but we're still losing games,and conceding to many goals,I had hoped signing him would shore up the defense, but it hasn't happened.These two Yeovil games are gigantic,they could go either way,,not got a great feeling about them.