Torquay United v Yeovil Town - 26th December 2022

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

culmstockgull wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 15:45 Going slightly off theme I did notice that when we bought our tickets for boxing day bristows and the family stand were really well sold, Then I saw on the NL site today that live streaming for the remainder of the season starts on boxing day for all NL matches at £9-50 a go with the bonus if our game are up to the usual standard you can move onto any other NL game for some excitement at no additional cost and for the benefit of minneappolis gull and our nordic supporters you can get a months pass for £20.
So other than pay us to come and watch Torquay, which judging by the fare they offered so far this season might not be such a bad idea the club is going to have to come up with some very clever marketing or else tuesdays 750 will become the norm.
So in the future at a very fair price of 9-50 I can watch the match in comfort and warmth, have a takeaway delivered plus beer at less than the £34 I paid for our tickets and thats not including half a tank I fuel I use with every visit, it is a no brainer.
Where did you see about the £20 for a month? The only options I can see when I log in are £9.50 for Boxing Day.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

The monthly pass is only available to overseas subscribers.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Would we be able to access the overseas options using a VPN even if in the UK?
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Bristows Bench sold out, 56 tickets left in the family stand, could we be on for a bigger crowd than Derby?
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

Admiral wrote: 25 Dec 2022, 19:12 Bristows Bench sold out, 56 tickets left in the family stand, could we be on for a bigger crowd than Derby?
It looks like it. The Bench is sold out and just a handful of tickets available in the family stand. Anyone know how many Yeovil are bringing? I would assume at least 700 so should be around 5,000 today.

On the pitch I know this has been said a lot this season but this really is a must win. 4 points out of this double header and we give ourselves a chance of getting out of this mess. There can be no excuses today.

I’m going for a 3-2 win (ellis, Goodwin and Jarvis). Att 4980.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

Yeovil don’t concede many, but we seem to be scoring a few. 2-1 win

4780 (560 away)
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

Interestingly, Yeovil haven’t conceded more than 1 goal in their last 8, make of that what you will! Oldham have to play Notts twice, and Maidstone are at Dagenham, so the incentive is there to go out and get a result today. Up the gulls
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Admiral wrote: 26 Dec 2022, 09:04 Interestingly, Yeovil haven’t conceded more than 1 goal in their last 8, make of that what you will! Oldham have to play Notts twice, and Maidstone are at Dagenham, so the incentive is there to go out and get a result today. Up the gulls
Sounds like an organised defence we have to break down. We need to start fast, win the battles. We need effort, passion and commitment from all
from the very 1st whistle. Sincerely hope each and everyone are on there game......We need to be.
COYY....This is MASSIVE :scarf:
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Win the midfield battle, win the game. Sadly my main area of concern for me.

I will accept what we have in defence and attack, enough to stay in the league, but sadly we are second to everything through the middle. This needs urgently addressing.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

Yeovil have scored 17 goals all season in the League.

A tight battle but I am going 2 1 to the Gulls.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

James Durkin as ref in for a long afternoon
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Aren't we all.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Crap kit, crap opponents. Still can't complain one nil up.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Two very poor sides in a match devoid of any quality. We're going down on that evidence.
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by thebigp1 »

Completely deflated by that performance today. First half we were pretty decent and could have been more than 1 up at half time. Yeovil offered very little and we had a few good chances.

Second half however was a complete shambles. Their 2 subs and change of formation completely destroyed us as we gave away chance after chance. We were lucky to get a point. The most frustrating thing was there was no reaction from the management to Yeovil’s changes. The goal we conceded was so inept from a defensive point of view. The players and GJ moaned at the ref at the end and whilst the ref wasn’t great it wasn’t him that cost us the points.

I see no way out of this mess. I have to say also the subs that came on offered nothing. Corrie Andrews is clearly overweight and doesn’t look fit enough.