Chippenham town cup game 20/12/22

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
JA7
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Chippenham town cup game 20/12/22

Post by JA7 »

How do we approach this upcoming cup game against Chippenham Town?

Do we go for it and try and get some money into the club by trying to reach as far as we can into the rounds.

Or do we play a weakened team and just try and focus on the league games only.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

I'd go with fringe players/those coming back to fitness playing. Then play some seniors but not for the full 90.

Essentially use it as a platform to get players up to speed as possible and aim to progress still.

Lovett, tomlinson, Andrews could all do with minutes for example
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

How do we play a weakened or fringe eleven when we struggle most weeks to fill the bench
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

culmstockgull wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 16:38 How do we play a weakened or fringe eleven when we struggle most weeks to fill the bench
Exactly
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

Mickey Mouse Cup Tie, play the likes of Lovett,Crowe , Omar, Marshall, Hanson, Andrews....he needs a shot at goal , Wearne to practice his crossing,
Mc Gavin and Tomlinson.....I consider most of these if not all will be surplus in May.
I would play Wearne just to try and get some confidence in him...he is half the player he was when he was last with us, he should have buried that chance on Sunday he had.
Personally not bothered about the game, on current form the crowd will be a record low and people will vote with their feet.
With 2 Cup Finals to follow, we need to avoid injuries so only 1 loanee plays for me and 5 of the 'Marquees'
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Johnson always plays his strongest side to win the game . We need winning games
to become a habit, not playing a full strength side and losing would not help the confidence. Be a hard enough game as it is.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

culmstockgull wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 16:38 How do we play a weakened or fringe eleven when we struggle most weeks to fill the bench
We play a fringe XI every week!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

F*ck it.
Play the Youth Team.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

It’s quite simple we play the 1st team. Worse case scenario it will give us a heads up for next season and how they are likely to perform if we get relegated. Seriously though it’s a lose lose situation. If we win, it’s well we should. If we lose it’s business as usual. Anyway 4-1 Torquay
Lucy
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

I'm 100% in agreement with Somersetgull , and I made this point months ago, a huge chunk of the talent we signed up in the summer were sadly cast offs from other clubs, we made this big thing about signing Dover fc's captain, he's a good player,but why weren't any clubs within a 100mile radius of Dover,of which there's shed loads up for getting him?, likewise with the majority of them,TUFC is really out on a limb,why would you choose TUFC if you're from,and based in South East of the UK?,it points to me that no other clubs wanted Marshall,Donellan,Andrews,Hanson,Jarvis,McGavin et cetra because as good as they are,the NL is a step to far for them,I'm not saying forever,a step down may do their careers good,and one day I'll be proved wrong,but at the begining of the season I'm very surprised GJ with his experience esp after his marquee signings talk, signed them up,and he's topped up the other places with constant loanees,WAY to many,there's about a dozen NL clubs who on paper we should be above or competing with,but that's how far we've fallen and allowed sub standard quality,on and off the pitch to take a grip on the club.How do or how can Borehamwood do what they do,on their gates,and every Premier League London club is on their doorstep?,their manager works wonders,the next 5 league games are huge.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 17 Dec 2022, 17:01 I'm 100% in agreement with Somersetgull , and I made this point months ago, a huge chunk of the talent we signed up in the summer were sadly cast offs from other clubs, we made this big thing about signing Dover fc's captain, he's a good player,but why weren't any clubs within a 100mile radius of Dover,of which there's shed loads up for getting him?, likewise with the majority of them,TUFC is really out on a limb,why would you choose TUFC if you're from,and based in South East of the UK?,it points to me that no other clubs wanted Marshall,Donellan,Andrews,Hanson,Jarvis,McGavin et cetra because as good as they are,the NL is a step to far for them,I'm not saying forever,a step down may do their careers good,and one day I'll be proved wrong,but at the begining of the season I'm very surprised GJ with his experience esp after his marquee signings talk, signed them up,and he's topped up the other places with constant loanees,WAY to many,there's about a dozen NL clubs who on paper we should be above or competing with,but that's how far we've fallen and allowed sub standard quality,on and off the pitch to take a grip on the club.How do or how can Borehamwood do what they do,on their gates,and every Premier League London club is on their doorstep?,their manager works wonders,the next 5 league games are huge.
Absolutely Spot on......nobody else wanted them, and this is where we are...most of them are not up for this relegation fight.
Perhaps when they signed they thought it was a holiday ! And judging from the performances that I have witnessed it seems like a holiday for some.
Massive games coming up.....they need to be told 'The Holiday Season is over ' and win these 6 point games.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Should we manage to beat Chippenham, our reward (?) is another home tie with either Slough or Taunton.

Taunton would be my an absolute nightmare, if we ever lost to them. I have several relations and friends from the Somerset County town.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Wyatt back on the bench, good to have another option who is a natural LB