Chippenham town cup game 20/12/22

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

culmstockgull wrote: 21 Dec 2022, 09:58 Even at a tenner I believe I had a good case for asking trading standards to see if what I paid for was in fact anything that resembled football, especially first half, you can only imagine what johnsons pre match team talk was, go out, give them the midfield, do not track back, pass to them as much as you like and dont run too fast because it will make them look bad . If we play like that over christmas we will get nothing.
Andrews and Goodwin do not work together, they play the same way , both are inside forwards who feed off a no 9.
At the start of the season even without loans I thought we were heavily over populated in midfield, I think I counted 9 at one stage,I have seen over many matches that none of them are much good, ignore wearne and de silva who in my books are forwards, Hall and lapslie have their own name plates on the treatment table they visit so often, the rest are youngsters, the odd one with a resemblance of ability, the rest are not even worthy of being on the bench.
I assume without any confidence that Johnson is waiting for January before he gets anyone in although I see this week that our fellow strugglers are not waiting for the sales but strengthenng now, I have only only one christmas wish , Gary send, the programme seller, the person who swiitches on the floodlights, the man with the hawk , anyone you like to look at new players but keep your brother well away.

A perfect summary Culmstock..........
What the hell was McGavin doing, he is in a zone of his own....far too slow and adds little confidence to others
Hanson....words fail me, but we need to put him out of his misery and ours Asap
Andrews...the same as Hanson. Simply not good enough.
I share your frustration with Brother Johnson.......however GJ is the one ultimately to blame, as he is the one who has agreed these apalling signings
and these are just 3 of them !!!! :red:
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

DevonBee wrote: 21 Dec 2022, 15:17
A perfect summary Culmstock..........
What the hell was McGavin doing, he is in a zone of his own....far too slow and adds little confidence to others
Hanson....words fail me, but we need to put him out of his misery and ours Asap
Andrews...the same as Hanson. Simply not good enough.
I share your frustration with Brother Johnson.......however GJ is the one ultimately to blame, as he is the one who has agreed these apalling signings
and these are just 3 of them !!!! :red:
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

And it will have kept that incompetent idiot downes in a job for a few more weeks. What an absolute useless clown the man is. Defence coach ????????
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Many X Rating comments and that's for winning. You'll soon have nothing left to say if we lose.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

You can only say it as you see it.......it really is that simple.
An absolutely horrendous season so far, with the same mistakes repeated again and again. Schoolboy errors, a total embarrasment.
It is time to stand up and be counted for this lot and that includes the protected management team. Halfway in and won 4 !!!!
I am reading 'the half time pep talk changed things........maybe a pre match pep talk of the same ilk would be advisable for Boxing Day
This is a must win game as is New Years day
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

standupsitdown wrote: 20 Dec 2022, 22:26 Crowd 768, 15 away.
Are those figures actual attendees, or tickets sold. Because due to it being postponed from a date most people could get to, to a short notice rearrangement, I am sure a lot of tickets would have been purchased for the original date that the fans couldn't use for the rearranged date.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

↑20 Dec 2022, 22:26
Crowd 768, 15 away.

Another huge embarrassment, club losing money hand over fist.
The club need to find ways of getting bums on seats with a reduced admission for nonsense games.
I would think 50% of season ticket holders swerved this game. The desperation e-mails sent out promoting this non event obviously did not work.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I think the crowd was a reflection of several things, a Tuesday night when crowds have always been lower, a mickey mouse match that we could have done without and where the very small amount of prize money actually outweighed the attendance monies, and last but not least on this seasons showing a real belief that we could lose this one. Johnson has said more than once we are in the entertainment business, really, unless you consider torture,embarassment, fear and down right depressing as entertainment then your interpretation of entertainment has as much relevance and honesty as the signings of so called marque players.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Serial moaners DevonBee and Culmstock
really giving it some lately - Jesus, give it a rest ! Why do you follow - notice I don't say support - the club if it makes you like that. We're all disappointed with this season but let's believe things will get better.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Desperado we do not all live in your rose tinted world, after 55 years plus of supporting I am hardly likely to change my allegience, if its bad its bad , just saying its all going to come good will not win us games , better players than the ones we have will.
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

I agree with Desp!
Let's all just enjoy the ride!

Part of the reason for the small gate was that no-one knew it was on! I didn't!
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

toastkid wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 17:21 I agree with Desp!
Let's all just enjoy the ride!

Part of the reason for the small gate was that no-one knew it was on! I didn't!
Didn't know it was on? Rubbish
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

culmstockgull wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 16:53 Desperado we do not all live in your rose tinted world, after 55 years plus of supporting I am hardly likely to change my allegience, if its bad its bad , just saying its all going to come good will not win us games , better players than the ones we have will.
It's not about being" rose tinnted..."
It's the constant moaning you do.
No-ones happy FFS, but give it a rest for once....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I don't mind the negative posts if they have substance which Culmstock usually obliges us with even if I disagree. At least he's speaking after watching the game rather than a radio commentary or update at the bookies. That's not to say you have to watch to have an opinion but to pass off amateur commos remarks as Fact is a little irksome.

That said, it takes all sorts to make a forum worth reading. Merry Xmas to all, hope the weather is pants in Dawlish 😜
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 17:24 It's not about being" rose tinnted..."
It's the constant moaning you do.
No-ones happy FFS, but give it a rest for once....
Well said…..55yrs watching doesn’t mean everything you have to say is right. Perhaps it’s time to time out culmstockgull.