Chippenham town cup game 20/12/22

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

De Silva coming on seems to have changed things now 3-2. Wearne has come alive with 2 goals !!!!
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

MellowYellow wrote: 20 Dec 2022, 21:06 The cream always rises to the top.
Lets hope the cream rises in the Bigger games over Xmas and New Year Mellow :scarf:
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

DevonBee wrote: 20 Dec 2022, 21:10 Lets hope the cream rises in the Bigger games over Xmas and New Year Mellow :scarf:
Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

There has been very little light since August from what I have witnessed sadly
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

What a magnificent 'never say die' display under the guidance of Magic Johnson :whistle:
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

North Curry House wrote: 20 Dec 2022, 20:11 0-2 Time to give up....oh they already have!
Lol
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

A win is a win, take it as we have witnessed very few. A shambles of a 1st half display, need to start better in the Real Games that are coming.
Why do we start so slow is beyond me ???? Commentators getting excited of a Home 4th round tie v possibly Taunton in the next round ...Lol
I hope Johnson gets them up for it against Yeovil...no excuses
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Very poor first half but much better second half and should have scored more.
Several decent penalty shouts. Ref made some strange decisions all game.
Crowd 768, 15 away.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

How lucky were we ? Far better second half....but even we could not be so poor as that first half hour.

We get excited beating sbload of part timers 3-2 but we live to fight (struggle) another day !

Taunton beat Slough 1-0 with ten men. They do not concede many., so it promises to be another b
four encounter.

Just pray for two victories against Yeovil.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

In fairness the Taunton man was sent off in the 90th minute !!
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

We certainly didnt look awake at the start of the game and could have been more than 2-0 down
McGavin with a shocking give away for their first, a midfield pairing of him and Hanson didnt work at all

De Silva added width on the right and with Wearne the game was stretched and they couldnt cope with it, all of our goals game from good runs and positivity

you can only beat whats infront of you and we got there in the end

Take the positives and start preparing for Boxing Day

Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

Yes, the first half was a difficult watch - we made Chippenham look like Argentina! They played through and around our excuse for a midfield and McGavin gifted them the ball for their first goal. The defence was not much better - Ellis had the poorest game I've seen him play - and Crowe was his usual leaky self for their second. Up front Andrews spent most of his time running up blind alleys but did provide the assist with a beautiful ball for Goodwin who was by far our brightest hope before half time.

Only 3 attempts, two on target in the first half, but with De Silva coming on for the ineffective Hanson at half time and, no doubt, a rollicking from the manager, we were a different proposition with 8 attempts, 4 on target and 2 goals in the first half hour before sitting back and allowing Chippenham to make a game of it again in the last 15 mins. Halstead had to make a match-winning save with his feet to guarantee the win.

Wearne was my MOTM and could have had a hat-trick if those around him had more composure followed closely by De Silva and Goodwin. Worrying that we were pushed so hard by a team at the bottom end of the lower division.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Taunton took over 900 to MK Dons in the FA Cup so should bring a good following to us for the 'West Country derby'.
Might even outnumber the home fans!
Should make for a better atmosphere than last night anyway.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Even at a tenner I believe I had a good case for asking trading standards to see if what I paid for was in fact anything that resembled football, especially first half, you can only imagine what johnsons pre match team talk was, go out, give them the midfield, do not track back, pass to them as much as you like and dont run too fast because it will make them look bad . If we play like that over christmas we will get nothing.
Andrews and Goodwin do not work together, they play the same way , both are inside forwards who feed off a no 9.
At the start of the season even without loans I thought we were heavily over populated in midfield, I think I counted 9 at one stage,I have seen over many matches that none of them are much good, ignore wearne and de silva who in my books are forwards, Hall and lapslie have their own name plates on the treatment table they visit so often, the rest are youngsters, the odd one with a resemblance of ability, the rest are not even worthy of being on the bench.
I assume without any confidence that Johnson is waiting for January before he gets anyone in although I see this week that our fellow strugglers are not waiting for the sales but strengthenng now, I have only only one christmas wish , Gary send, the programme seller, the person who swiitches on the floodlights, the man with the hawk , anyone you like to look at new players but keep your brother well away.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

You forgot me the 50/50 seller !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: